AMC's Walking Dead mini-series!

LedZeppTroyLedZeppTroy Road Warrior
edited December 2013 in Less Rokk More Talk
I've not read any of the graphic novels yet but after watchin the trailer for the T.V. mini series on AMC it looks awesome. What are your guys thoughts on it?

Trailer

Season Premiere Halloween (October 31st) at 10/9c

Comments

• ultimatespidey81ultimatespidey81 Headliner
    edited July 2010
    you jumped the gun on me with this thread. i was gonna post it a couple weeks.

the comics are some of the best that have come out in the last 5 years i would say. very graphic with brilliant story telling and expressive art.

do yourself a favor and go buy volume one of the trade paper backs.

as far as the show is concerned, i will be tuning in and am eargerly anticipating the premiere.
  • PbatemanPbateman Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I'm not a fan of the comic but the show looks very cool, I'll be checking it out for sure despite the fact that it's not premium cable like HBO, it's AMC, which means censorship, although the creators of the show are claiming it will be plenty gory.
  • LedZeppTroyLedZeppTroy Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    you jumped the gun on me with this thread. i was gonna post it a couple weeks.

the comics are some of the best that have come out in the last 5 years i would say. very graphic with brilliant story telling and expressive art.

do yourself a favor and go buy volume one of the trade paper backs.

as far as the show is concerned, i will be tuning in and am eargerly anticipating the premiere.

Sorry about that:D, but yeah I will probably get the comics off of Amazon or somewhere soon.
    It's my T.V. show I'm looking most forward to this October.
    I tried to put a link up for the comic con trailer on youtube but it kept messing up on me and its hard to find a trailer thats not to shakey but I'll try to work on it.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    The comics are top notch and it gives me faith in the TV series that Kirkman seems to have a lot of collaboration going on with it's producers.

I remember the first time I read through the graphic novels thinking this would be an awesome story to adapt to an ongoing TV series. Thank goodness it was a cable channel that has prouced some good stuff in the past that can really delve into some of the rich storyline and character driven elements of the comics. ( Not to mention it's rather graphic nature).

Definately looking forward to it this October. And if you haven't read the original comics yet I highly reccomend them. Great stuff!
    edited August 2010
    Nothing really new to add to this thread. No release release date has been added yet, just AMC this October. More and likely part of thier fear fest/monster fest movie marathon the last couple of day of October leading up to Halloween.
  • Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Cool, I haven't read the comics but i'll definatly watch this
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    I'm curious how faithful they're going to stay to the comics.

The book is so damned dark and just plain BLEAK.

Can't wait for October :D
  • vengveng HMX Alumni
    edited August 2010
    This has been on my radar for quite some time. My current favorite comic series (been a fan since Issue 1!)...
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited August 2010
  • SequenceFSequenceF Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I've not read any of the graphic novels yet but after watchin the trailer for the T.V. mini series on AMC it looks awesome. What are your guys thoughts on it?

Trailer(best I could find for now)

READ.

THE.

COMIC.

BOOK.

While it starts out a clear ripoff of 28 days later + romero-anything, the comic book takes on a life of its own and things happen there that will literally make your jaw drop.

Not only do they kill major characters like it was nothing, they kill them in very very bad ways that I'm not entirely sure they will accurately portray on television; even cable.

This show is going to be amazing though. The fact that a second season has already been ordered means they can take the time out and really flesh the story and characters at the same pace as the book and I can't recall ever being this excited to see anything.
  • mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    So excited for this. It will be great for Halloween parties.
    edited August 2010
    mjlambert1 wrote: »
    So excited for this. It will be great for Halloween parties.

Yep, Halloween season premiere makes it even better.
  • DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    What the...?

Isn't it the exact same start as 28 Days Later?
    edited August 2010
    Daytripped wrote: »
    What the...?

Isn't it the exact same start as 28 Days Later?

I think that the comic book and 28 Days Later were both written around the same time.:)
    edited August 2010
    Halloween, hurry up and get here!
  • Lawdog1521Lawdog1521 Squirrel Chasing Expert
    edited August 2010
    Just watched the trailer and I'm less than impressed. It could turn out okay, but the vibe was "been there done that".
    edited September 2010
    edited September 2010
    i hope you picked up at least the first trade, troy. as good as the show may be, it will be very tough to surpass the original work.
    edited September 2010
    i hope you picked up at least the first trade, troy. as good as the show may be, it will be very tough to surpass the original work.

I guess it was? Read the first one online.:) I liked it alot.
    edited October 2010
    Here's a really cool short film on AMC's website directed by Greg Nicotero, the "N" in KNB, who's also doing the makeup FX for The Walking Dead. It's on there to tie it in with The WD series, although it really has nothing to do with it. it's about the United Monster Talent Agency. This is a treat for any old school horror fan.
    edited October 2010
    Pbateman wrote: »
    Here's a really cool short film on AMC's website directed by Greg Nicotero, the "N" in KNB, who's also doing the makeup FX for The Walking Dead. It's on there to tie it in with The WD series, although it really has nothing to do with it. it's about the United Monster Talent Agency. This is a treat for any old school horror fan.

Cant wait to check this out when I get home, can't watch it on the schools computers.:(
    edited October 2010
    Cant wait to check this out when I get home, can't watch it on the schools computers.:(

It's really cool, the gist of it is that all the movie monsters aren't played by actors and FX, but are real and farmed out by this talent agency.
    edited October 2010
    Pbateman wrote: »
    It's really cool, the gist of it is that all the movie monsters aren't played by actors and FX, but are real and farmed out by this talent agency.

Sounds awesome, have you been watching any of their Fearfest marathon. I DVRed The Funhouse, they seem to show it every year. Also caught Tremors and some parts of Friday the 13th 1 and 2.
    edited October 2010
    Sounds awesome, have you been watching any of their Fearfest marathon. I DVRed The Funhouse, they seem to show it every year. Also caught Tremors and some parts of Friday the 13th 1 and 2.

I haven't, I'm still trying to catch up with all the TCM stuff I have, watched some Hammer Dracula flicks over the weekend. And I also got my hands on a bunch of Wii games last night, played Super Mario Galaxy and Punch Out! past my bedtime last night...
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    From what I've heard the series will follow the comic book up to a point. I hope they at least bring in the Governor. He'd make an awesome character for the show. I also hope that you can turn the show into black and white when you purchase the series on blu-ray or DVD, just like in the Mist. (The director of the Mist directs the first episode of the series.) IMO if they stay true to the series the Walking Dead will be a million times better than Lost.

Or even a qaudrillion time better than Lost.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited October 2010
    i want this show to be good, but i can't help but be skeptical over the generic plight of who appears to be the protagonist. all of my knowledge comes from watching the trailer once.
  • ZidaneZidane Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Oscar-Rio wrote: »
    i want this show to be good, but i can't help but be skeptical over the generic plight of who appears to be the protagonist. all of my knowledge comes from watching the trailer once.

It gets worse for him...

Much worse.
  • Oscar-RioOscar-Rio 0/10
    edited October 2010
    so the pilot leaked. goooood stuff :)
    edited October 2010
    the walking dead premieres tonight! i hope you guys will all be watching. hell, even oscar gave it the seal of approval!