AMC's Walking Dead mini-series!

Comments

• I told my buddy at work the best thing to come from that episode was Tara's very likely demise.

Screen time for lesser characters on the Walking Dead is like being given a title in Game of Thrones. You don't come back from that.

Ashame that little girl killed Jon Snow.
  • Season 7, Episode 7. "Sing Me A Song"

Much, much better pacing here, as several subplots are juggled and will no doubt converge in next week's midseason finale. Also a much better use of Jeffrey Dean Morgan here. Negan is the cold yet calculating survivor who knows how to evaluate those still alive in this world and use that to his advantage, and that shone through here in his interactions with Carl after Carl's plan predictably backfired. Everything moved forward and didn't drag -- good enough for me. 8/10
  • Shame that the Walking Dead spinoff wasn't from Negan's point of view though perhaps the next Walking Dead spinoff does this.
  • They don't need a spinoff for that. They already do episodes where they show things from a lot of different characters' pov.

Hell I'm willing to bet Negan has gotten more screen time than anyone else so far this season.

And flashback episodes are also on the table (ala Morgan).
  • Season 7, Episode 8. "Hearts Still Beating"

As the title implies, now we get the glimmer of hope as the group turns the corner and begins to start fighting back. Of course it comes with a price (and of course it's not major characters who pay it). This show paid a heavy price in viewership by neutering its most beloved characters -- let's see if some will come back once football season is over. Still hoping for a Negan backstory episode. 7/10
  • If they don't do a Negan Backstory, then have him pop up in Mexico to end the Fear the Walking Dead cast or give Negan a spinoff.
  • Season 7, Episode 9. "Rock in the Road"

The Alexandrians begin recruiting. Good pace, as we hit the major plot points and keep things moving, with most characters getting their stories advanced. And we get some questions to ponder going forward. Highway scene was pretty cool, too. 8/10
  • I'm very happy they didn't come out at a snail's pace (like visiting one town one episode, another town the next, then another at home, then another going out, etc.), and it looks like the next episode will keep the pace up.

But this is the Walking Dead and I expect it to slow to a walker's pace around the 4th or 5th episode and not pick back up until the 7th or 8th.
  • Season 7, Episode 10. "New Best Friends"

The Alexandrians have an ally and we get a major reunion, which I thought was really well done. One of the better episodes that didn't involve a lot of action - Norman Reedus was really strong here. Again, we keep most major story beats moving forward and have enough questions left unanswered to keep viewers curious as to how the group will get to the goal of a united front against the Saviors. 8/10
  • Season 7, Episode 11. "Hostiles and Calamities"

The Saviors react to recent events, with much of the episode devoted to elevating Dwight and Eugene into major players. Both resort to their old tricks, Dwight being devious to maintain his place in the Saviors hierarchy and Eugene using his gift of gab -- something that got him KTFO'ed by Abraham a way back when -- to earn Negan's trust. Again, not a lot of action, but this was fine -- better than other episodes where they've spotlighted relatively minor characters. 7/10
  • rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    Ok...so now that I've watched every single episode and every season, ( thks to Netflix and also binge-watching season 7) I'm excited to have a place to discuss this show that I've become so addicted to. Never saw that coming! Wish my family watched it, but I can't convince em, and I've tried!!!. Anyway, I love this show. I love the characters, I love the actors, I love the make-ups, it's just so good! That said, I thought this weeks episode was a little zombie lite. I would like to see some new twists and turns regarding the zombie side of things. Other than that...I was good with it.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited March 3
    I did like that Eugene enjoyed that song the Saviors used to torture Darryl. Also, that Mad Max looking walker in the previous episode was awesome.
  • Season 7, Episode 12. "Say Yes"

Rick and Michonne continue their search for supplies. Eh, not a fan of this one, but after how grim the first half of this season was, I suppose there's a segment of the fanbase that wanted to see something a little more light-hearted. At least they're finally going to further the Oceanside plot point. And apparently Carol's getting her groove back, so there's that to look forward to. 5/10
  • Season 7, Episode 13. "Bury Me Here"

Another attempt at sabotage goes wrong, but also goes right. Easily Lennie James' best performance to date in the series -- calling Benjamin "Duane" was a great touch -- and more quality work from Melissa McBride and Khary Payton. You knew this had to happen, and now here we are, but the execution (literal and figurative) was very well done. Best episode outside of the premiere this season, and a top 10 episode in the show's history. 9/10
    Great twist...did not see it coming! ......and Carol! it's about freakin time she gets back in the game. I can't believe only 3 episodes left to season 7. Whatever shall I do this summer?!
  • I want to seek the Tiger murder some Saviors.
    rkbdgurl said:

Great twist...did not see it coming! ......and Carol! it's about freakin time she gets back in the game. I can't believe only 3 episodes left to season 7. Whatever shall I do this summer?!

Game Of Thrones?!?
  • Season 7, Episode 14. "The Other Side"

Another attempt to elevate relatively minor players, as Rosita and Sasha begin to execute their plan. Total placeholder episode as we ramp up toward the season finale. Some good interaction between Daryl and Maggie, and Eugene's reaction at the Sanctuary gates could prove interesting, but otherwise forgettable. 5/10
  • I did like how this episode looks to set up next week's episode.
  • Season 7, Episode 15. "Something They Need"

Sides are switched, but everyone is a shade of grey. OK, then. If Atlanta, Woodbury, the prison, Terminus and now Alexandria didn't hammer that point home, here we are with another reminder. Predictable payoff for the Oceanside arc (Whatever happened to Heath?) and it's looking like the end for a couple characters. This was fine, but nothing you wouldn't expect if you've read the comics, as they've stuck pretty close to that script. 6/10
    I just want the team back together, and start kicking butt!! Since I don't read the comics, I'm clueless about where things go from here, but I'm always happy to sit back and go on whatever ride the writers take me. Give me pizza, cola, and "The Walking Dead" for a perfect evening. :smiley:
  • Season 7, Episode 16. "The First Day Of The Rest Of Your Life"

We're going to war, which is going to take an awfully long time apparently, since there are a lot of bad shots who have made it this far. Still, it was the comeback that had to happen, and we got to see Shiva CGI a dude to death, so I'll take it. On to October. 8/10
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    edited April 3
    I'll be honest, I got caught sleeping on the double cross as much as the Alexandrians did, but I saw the Sasha and save the bacon things coming (also who really believed they would kill Michonne off camera).

I am disappointed they didn't fit in what happens in the aftermath in the comics, so I'll be curious to see if the new season opens with it. It would be a great opener and with the cliffhanger of last season it was probably best they had things largely wrapped up (you know, aside from the coming war).
  • bonethug0108bonethug0108 Headliner
    Got the comic story mixed up. So yeah now I'm not surprised that what didn't happen didn't happen.
    Shiva's scene was brilliant! Worth the whole episode. I wasn't as thrilled with Sasha's big scene. Too predictable.
    I'm Looking forward to next season. BATTLE!
  • Shiva mauling some red-shirt Saviors was what I've been waiting the whole season to see. Also loved Negan's reaction to seeing a Tiger jump in from out of nowhere and maim one of his people.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    so, I haven't watched the show since ... season 5 finale. Out of curiosity, I looked up the clip of Glenn and Abraham from this season's opener (right?).

I never had a problem with the zombie gore, or the people getting chewed up by them... but I actually was a little grossed out by the result of that scene
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    Which I think was the purpose; to show that Negan is more dangerous and more of a threat than the walkers. The brutality has shifted from zombie-related to survivor-related (also note at the end of the episode, as Rick gets into the RV, he sees a single walker shuffle by and ignores it). I have a feeling this is why a lot of fans didn't like this season.

so, I haven't watched the show since ... season 5 finale. Out of curiosity, I looked up the clip of Glenn and Abraham from this season's opener (right?).

I never had a problem with the zombie gore, or the people getting chewed up by them... but I actually was a little grossed out by the result of that scene

You and a billion other people. It was about as disturbing as anything I've ever watched on tv. I almost decided not to watch it any longer.... Almost. Then I caved...I'm hooked.
  • That opening scene wasn't even that gory and will never understand why people are acting like it's mind blowing.. there's far worse in movies.

I'm still sort of following the comics and can say that they have even lost my interest because it feels like this Negan storyline draws out for way too long. I won't post spoilers.. but I have a feeling they'll do 2 or 3 more seasons of Negan.. which won't hold many viewers interest IMO.
    edited April 12
    ha ha...there may be far worse movies, but I haven't seen them. But I'm with you about Negan. I'm so done with him. I think they will end him pretty soon. At least I hope so.