AMC's Walking Dead mini-series!

Comments

• rkbdgurlrkbdgurl Road Warrior
    I'd kind of like it if the zombie disease began mutating...I'd like to get back to the fighting zombies with a new purpose.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited July 22
    Fear the Walking Dead's mid-season finale came and went. It was a pretty good episode for Fear the Walking Dead. Still not as good as the episode with Strand's road trip with
    Daniel
  • Season 8 trailer from San Diego Comic Con.

Hope ya got yer s***tin' pants on.

Can't wait, can't wait, can't wait!!!
  • brookfieldworldorderbrookfieldworldorder Opening Act
    edited October 23
    And we're back!

Season 8, Episode 1. "Mercy"

War has begun, with the Alexandrians, Hilltop and Kingdom firing the opening salvo. Count me among those who weren't fans of the time jumps -- bring Vince Gilligan on board the creative team if you're gonna do that. Also, Maggie doesn't have a baby bump yet, but Judith looks like she's ready for pre-school. But the main story beat of harnessing the undead as an asset when outmanned and outgunned came across well. 8/10

EDIT: And also, Weird Al.

edited October 23
    Finally!!!! I was so looking forward to the Premier. It didn't disappoint. Zombies...oops...I mean Walkers....Woot!
  • Man did Gabriel get screwed by that hilltop "leader" when trying to save him.

Also, the Weird Al is a massive upgrade over that terrible song the idiot kid that got his family killed was listening to ad nausea.
  • Season 8, Episode 2. "The Damned"

War continues on multiple fronts, with advances made by both sides. Gotta admit, did not see that ending coming (had to spin up the ol' Google machine after the reveal). Lots and lots of bullets still left this far into the apocalypse make for some Stormtrooper-esque battle scenes. This was fine. 7/10
  • Season 8, Episode 3. "Monsters"

The casualties continue to mount and tensions between allies escalate. Much better pacing here and a neat cliffhanger to end on, as the Saviors trap is sprung. Last week's reveal seems kinda pointless now, but everything else was OK. 8/10
  • I hope the tiger is okay after the way last week's episode ended.
    edited November 13

I hope the tiger is okay after the way last week's episode ended.

Nope

Season 8, Episode 4. "Some Guy"

The full extent of the Saviors trap is revealed as victory comes with a heavy price. The show has always been at its best when hard choices have to be made and this episode was full of them. The arc of Ezekiel bring torn down was told in similar fashion to Rick's humbling at the hands of Negan, and was done very well. Carol is still the biggest badass in this world and it'll be interesting to see what role Jerry will play going forward. Easily the best episode of All Out War so far. 9/10
    It was a great and shocking show! loved it, and I totally agree, Carol Rocks!
    edited November 20
    Season 8, Episode 5. "The Big Scary U"

The Saviors grapple with the walker invasion. Quite possibly Seth Gilliam's best episode, as Gabriel manages to coax some backstory out of Negan. They crammed a lot of subplots into this -- teasing dissension between two main characters, furthering Eugene's precarious position within the Savior hierarchy as he learns the truth about Dwight, and we can't forget about the Scavengers.
    And WTF is up with that helicopter?

Gregory has zero value now and has to go. 7/10
    I hate Gregory so much!!!
  • I hope the tiger is okay after the way last week's episode ended.

Nope

That was to me the most devastating character loss on this show since
    Glenn & Abraham

As for last Sunday's episode, I agree that Gregory is worthless as a character. Also, after seeing this episode I want to see more of Simon's back story. What is the going backwards that Negan was referring to?
    edited November 27
    Season 8, Episode 6. "The King, the Widow and Rick"

The leaders regroup after the raid on the Sanctuary. Juggling multiple plot points moved this episode along, but there wasn't a whole heck of a lot of action here (although ...
    Rosita blowing up a Savior with a rocket launcher was pretty cool).

Maggie's leadership at Hilltop is being tested, Carol gives Ezekiel a pep talk (and is probably going to get yet another kid killed) and there'd better be a good payoff to Rick's latest attempt to make peace with the Scavengers, because on the surface, this looks absurd. 6/10
  • On the plus side, Carol's going to get another kid killed.
    edited December 4
    Season 8, Episode 7. "Time for After"

Big focus on Eugene and his dilemma, as he keeps Dwight's secret in case the Sanctuary falls, while at the same time trying to help Negan save the Sanctuary. Thought Josh McDermitt was pretty good here, as it reaffirmed his character's moral centre of fast-talking his way out of conflict to stay alive.

But this episode was really dragged down by Rick's latest run-in with the Scavengers. That seemed so tacked on and pointless, seemingly the writers' excuse to get him out of the way while Daryl and Tara's plan to end the war goes awry. So I guess we get more Rick/Daryl tension and the Saviors retaliation to wrap up the first half of the season next week. 6/10

And we still don't know what the deal is/was with that helicopter.
  • Season 8, Episode 8. "How It's Gotta Be"

The Saviors retaliate and the show takes a major departure from the comic.

Let's get the spoilery stuff out of the way first.

Probably shouldn't be surprised that it's Carl going to go, as Chandler Riggs will be attending college and he recently got a haircut, plus the flashback sequence with Rick at the opening pretty much gave it away. What was disappointing was the moment where he got bit was never revealed on camera, as showrunner Scott Gimple has said it occurred in a previous episode (likely when he and Siddiq were attacked in the woods) - Gimple did say on Talking Dead that the immediate aftermath was shown.

As with previous midseason finales, the heroes are in disarray and things look grim. Rick's second alliance with the Scavengers comes to another predictable (and pointless) end. And after eight-plus seasons and with viewership continuing to decline, I suppose they have to do something, so here we are. Thought Lauren Cohen did a really great job here, as Maggie is becoming more ruthless by the minute. The rest was pretty much by the book. 6/10

Back Feb. 25.
    I'm sad :'(