8/3/10 DLC Discussion - 8 Different Singles!

edited August 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;3899362 said:
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! There's 8 singles, and you'd be hard pressed to find a more varied assortment of tracks. From industrial to family friendly pop to indie rock to... well, to Blondie rapping about a thing from Mars eating cars, there's all sorts of stuff going on in next week's DLC. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Aug. 3):

Blondie – “Rapture”
dc Talk – “Jesus Freak”
The Decemberists – “The Perfect Crime # 2”
Eagles of Death Metal – “I Only Want You” +
Eels – “Saturday Morning” +
Family Force 5 – “Love Addict”
KMFDM – “Sturm & Drang”
La Roux – “Bulletproof” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Aug. 4)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases will be listed below shortly. Check back soon!

Eight different singles! EIGHT DIFFERENT SINGLES! Eight different singles!

C'mon everybody won't you party with me?

Comments

• TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I don't know anything outside of Jesus Freak right now but I'm in the process of youtubing the others right now. I'm already excited for Jesus Freak. that one will be awesome.
  • djpatch28djpatch28 Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    Love love love weeks like this. Wanted Eels, Eagles of DM and Decemberists for a while. Rapture should be fun, definitely Jesus Freak and KMFDM as an official release! I'll buy all just to encourage HMX for more singles.
  • Dr.stupidDr.stupid Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Getting it all (it's who I roll when it comes to dlc), but I'm most excited about La Roux and Blondie! Yay!
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited July 2010
    This is an awesome week! I guess I was right in my prediction that it would be a bunch of singles, but man there is no way I could have predicted this! I'm sure I know a LOT of the songs, but off the top of my head "Rapture" is the only one I recall off-hand. Basically the first mainstream "rap" song out there, and now we can say that we have "rap" in Rock Band. (If you want to start a technical genre war here).

Awesome! :D
  • jtrousdjtrousd Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I think 'hurr durr' describes this week's offering.

Hoping next week offers something a little more interesting for me. I feel like I'm in a DLC dry spell... hm.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Love that The Decemberists make their appearance. Decent song choice, as well. Might have preferred some other tunes off of Crane Wife, but I'll still grab The Perfect Crime.

Skip on the rest, although I love the variety. Great week of singles.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Awesome week because of the variety. More like this please!
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2010
    RM-225;3899466 said:
    Congratulations to dc Talk, The Decemberists, Eagles of Death Metal, Eels and La Roux for making it to Rock Band. Five new acts; HeyRiles should be pleased.
    I am, and not just because of the insane variety! I'm most excited for Josh Homme's return to the game since TCV in the form of Eagles of Death Metal. Wooooo! :D
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Variety weeks are always great, but this one definitely caught me off guard. I'm definitely looking forward to some the new KMFDM and Blondie DLC. Looking into the rest as I'm not too familiar with them.
  • CynamielCynamiel Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    I nearly fell out of my chair: I am ALL about dc Talk in Rock Band.

Jesus Freak and FF5's Love Addict for sure this week.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2010
    Apples;3899316 said:
    Eight different singles! EIGHT DIFFERENT SINGLES! Eight different singles!

C'mon everybody won't you party with me?

Last train to DLC town, the roof is on fire, gonna burn it to the ground.
  • *Josie**Josie* Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    Is there a site we can check out that shows which dlc actually gets purchased? I'm curious what people are actually buying because I can count the number of dlc I bought this year on one hand.
  • TKSTKS Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I just listened to all of them. I might buy the eels song too. I'm not sure it was okay but other than that only Jesus Freak which is awesome. :)
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited July 2010
    dc Talk
    YAY!!
    "Jesus Freak"
    D'OH!!

Yes, it's their biggest hit, yes, it's arguably the best fit for Rock Band, but darn it, of all their famous songs, I like "Jesus Freak" the least. It's just a little too Nirvana-esque for my taste.

But darn it again, because I'm gonna buy it anyway, just to watch my roommate's jaw hit the floor when he hears it. He's a bigger dc Talk fan than I am.

Here's hoping for some TobyMac solo songs like "Gone" or "Feelin' So Fly" in the future.

I'll be grabbing the Blondie and Family Force 5 tracks as well. Nice variety this week.
    edited July 2010
    Hugoku;3899456 said:
    Blondie makes this week totally worthwhile.

Yeah but they've got dozens of songs.

HMX might use a handful.

That infuriates me when I contact a label about a band going to RBN, and they say oh they've got a song in RB already.

What about the rest of them?

Bah!

Sorry for the rant ;)
  • Ranger DRanger D Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I only knew two bands from this list...or so I thought. La Roux was recently added to the family itunes from the wife. She'll want that. KMFDM and Blondie for sure.
    Never heard Jesus Freak before but after a quick listen, that might be picked up too.
  • Frenzy5ironFrenzy5iron Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Definitely dc Talk, Maybe Eels & The Decemberists.
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    YES!!! Saturday morning :D I think I requested that long ago. Glad to see it, WOOT!!!
  • pschaffmanpschaffman Unsigned
    edited July 2010
    *Josie*;3899519 said:
    Is there a site we can check out that shows which dlc actually gets purchased? I'm curious what people are actually buying because I can count the number of dlc I bought this year on one hand.
    I am just one person and I have bought 69 so far this year.
  • CAL022CAL022 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Bulletproof?! But is there even any Guitar in that?
  • Wilkins IIIWilkins III Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Eagles of Death Metal! Yes yes yes!
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Pretty meh week IMO and I buy just about everything..and why would they release a keyboard heavy synth pop song before RB3.. Seems like a waste.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    I have been waiting for a week like this forever, it seems. I really enjoy the "singles" style weeks every now and then, and I'm pleasantly surprised with the 8 track output for this week. I'll probably only pick up 4 or 5 of these (still haven't decided which ones to get, I'm gonna listen to them on mog in a jiffy), but I still appreciate the weeks with variety and eclectic mixtures of genres/tastes. I'm pleased to see some new bands added to the platform again this week (Eels & The Decemberists, especially). All in all, a good week, in my opinion. I'm sure others will find something to complain about, but I'm certainly a happy camper (even if nothing is exactly on my all-time favorite, must-have list).
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2010
    I hate to say this, but these are the kind of weeks we need more of.

Don't get me wrong, packs and albums from single artists are great, but the variety of a week like this ensures that there is at least something for everyone.
  • dj wazzydj wazzy Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    geez....tough to follow up A7X it appears......
    edited July 2010
    *Josie*;3899519 said:

My DLC purchases have numbered in the hundreds so far this year.

DAAAAAAMN YOU RBN!

But in a good way ;)
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    RockBandRocker;3899557 said:
    I hate to say this, but these are the kind of weeks we need more of.

Don't get me wrong, packs and albums from single artists are great, but the variety of a week like this ensures that there is at least something for everyone.
    And you would be wrong....
  • Watchmen89Watchmen89 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Loving the week! As of right now, getting Blondie, dcTalk, and La Roux. The others I will youtube and decide if there is more to get. Wanted "Rapture" for awhile now and when the leak that La Roux was coming, I was super excited. I listened to "Jesus Freak" all the time when I was little so it will be nice to play that (I would actually listen to the whole album before I went to bed; most kids listen to some sort of lullaby, I listened to dc Talk).
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    Awesome week, it's sweet seeing so many bands come to Rock Band. :cool: Family Force 5 in particular makes me giggle (in a good way :D). And it's great to more Blondie, even if it isn't a favorite song of theirs.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Totally stoked to see Jesus freak. Rapture is okay, though I never really dug that song. The others are a pass for me. But DC Talk alone is enough to make me happy. Now if we just get Seether on RBN for PS3 this week, it will be a total win.

Not understanding why DC Talk isn't Lego RB material though. :/
This discussion has been closed.