Tooth and Nails

Rawker31Rawker31 Opening Act
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Did Tooth and Nails remove their artists from the RBN playtesting? I was really looking forward to August Burns Red, Underoath, and Emery.

Comments

  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2010
    SCFox;3901775 said:
    Well, wasn't Emery on something like it's 8th time through playtest or some ridiculous number like that? Maybe they got disheartened.
    I wouldn't be surprised. To me, that song was ready but it never seemed to get passed.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    SCFox;3901775 said:
    Well, wasn't Emery on something like it's 8th time through playtest or some ridiculous number like that? Maybe they got disheartened.
    This. It's such a shame that such good artists are getting put to the back of the line over some of the stuff appearing in the RBN.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    siee;3901927 said:
    This. It's such a shame that such good artists are getting put to the back of the line over some of the stuff appearing in the RBN.
    It's sad that there are tracks getting even less attention than the Emery song, which you all seem to think has been completely ignored.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited July 2010
    Man, and I was really looking forward to songs from some of the Tooth and Nail bands.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    siee;3901927 said:
    This. It's such a shame that such good artists are getting put to the back of the line over some of the stuff appearing in the RBN.
    Honestly, these are all "unknown" bands to me! I listen to the previews to decide what to playtest, and there were apparently much more interesting songs than these that got my attention, even though they were "no name" to me as well.

    The other way songs get attention for testing is by having their authors exchange playtests for *other* songs. Sadly, many label reps just dump their songs into the pool and then do nothing. This is how you get "put to the back of the line". Can't say as this was the case here, but it's a typical situation: RBN acts as a community, and you can't sit off in the corner and expect instant service. It's like the actual music business: you can be totally awesome, but nobody is going to hear you unless you promote yourself.

    So to me, it's *more* of a shame that *established* artists that already have a following can't muster enough playtesters or simply attract interest by merit of the sound of their music. Tough break. Try harder next time. Get people involved. Contribute to the community.

    As for "some of the stuff" that we're seeing on RBN, though, I'm quite happy for it. (And yes, a large part of that is just my bitterness at the attitude of people who scorn new and unknown music.)

    - m
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    Another band I haven't seen come back was Lazarus AD on Metalblade. They're not a very big band, but they sound like a heavier Metallica and have some awesome solos.
    Who's charting Emery, Underoath and August Burns Red? Maybe we can try contacting them, see what's going on with the track.
  • Rawker31Rawker31 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I just looked back at previous tweets from RBNnews (who hasn't updated in a while). So Underoath, August Burns Red, and Kutless were all being authored by mudrock. But I also noticed a lot of other songs being authored by mudrock are also no where to be found so I'm thinking that something happened with them. Demon Hunter is part of Tooth and Nails and they got in but they were authored by The Authority. And as for Emery, it said Tooth and Nails was authoring that song which makes sense because I remember that the band was working on their song, so they might have given up on it. Someone should look into mudrock as they seem to be the problem.
  • ForToday777ForToday777 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I tried finding a website for Mudrock, can't find anything. That's really weird that they would just decide not bring everything back. How long has it actually been, since we've last seen them? I sent a tweet to Emery I'll let you know if I get a response.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited July 2010
  • TheAuthorityClintonTheAuthorityClinton Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    I can't speak for anyone else in terms of bands, authors or the label but I know we (The Authority) are working on a Since October track that should be in play testing really soon. Finishing a song can take a long time. I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions about anything.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited July 2010
    ForToday777;3902272 said:
    I tried finding a website for Mudrock, can't find anything. That's really weird that they would just decide not bring everything back. How long has it actually been, since we've last seen them? I sent a tweet to Emery I'll let you know if I get a response.
    Don't know what you tried but if you google "mudrock" his site is the first listed.

    http://www.mudrock.net/index2.php
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited July 2010
    kingtonyx;3901787 said:
    I wouldn't be surprised. To me, that song was ready but it never seemed to get passed.
    It never got passed because they continued to break some of the most basic charting rules Harmonix set.
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    TheAuthorityClinton;3902549 said:
    I can't speak for anyone else in terms of bands, authors or the label but I know we (The Authority) are working on a Since October track that should be in play testing really soon. Finishing a song can take a long time. I wouldn't jump to too many conclusions about anything.
    And I await that song, and hopefully they will give you "Guilty" and "Disaster" as well. I won't request other bands or songs from that label. :)
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited July 2010
    I just want my favorite song from one of my fave bands, Underoath!
  • Darkblaze53Darkblaze53 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Emery is on tour right now... If they're authoring their own song, I'd assume that's a good reason for it to not be back up yet...
  • OsperoOspero Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Casto21;3902571 said:
    It never got passed because they continued to break some of the most basic charting rules Harmonix set.
    As they like to say on some other websites, Please Elaborate. It's not exactly polite to just go and throw an accusation like that out without at least specifying what you mean.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited August 2010
    Ospero;3905332 said:
    As they like to say on some other websites, Please Elaborate. It's not exactly polite to just go and throw an accusation like that out without at least specifying what you mean.
    First, it's not an accusation, it is a fact. Second, we are not supposed to get into specifics of a song from the creators site here, so I won't.

    There are hard rules specific to charting that anyone can see in the docs on the creators site. Some examples are: every phrase must begin with a caps, no Kick + Gem on easy drum, no commas, ... If a song in peer review breaks one of those rules then it is supposed to be failed.
  • MarklefordMarkleford Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, it's not an "accusation": the rules were broken simply because the author was still leaning, not for any willful disregard for the system.

    It happens, and there's no shame in it, but testers have to call out violations when they see them no matter how seasoned the author is (or how "famous" the band is!).

    - m
  • jbrocker56jbrocker56 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I hope we get these songs soon I want to get them for my PS3 when they make it over as I know they will its Tooth & Nails
  • jbrocker56jbrocker56 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Since the Underoath song that was suppost to be release on rbn but then got released on RB Store I am better the rest will be released on RB Store!

    which is better if you ask me cause then more people can get it people like me who don`t have a 360!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited October 2010
    I wish I knew, that song was always great fun for me to play on every instrument. Other reviewers didn't feel so positive about it I guess.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    kingtonyx;4128256 said:
    I wish I knew, that song was always great fun for me to play on every instrument. Other reviewers didn't feel so positive about it I guess.

    Yeah that one really pisses me off. There seems to be a bit of some elitest crap that goes on at the Creators site. Some songs seem to get crapped on just because people feel they can or dont like a certain group and other IMO crap gets pushed out by their buddies.. That song was fine to play 2 versions ago. People like to nitpick the slightest things.. things that your average player would never see or have an issue with. Things that HMX would let pass as in the end they are trivial. Its not the only one but being a fan of Emery and playtesting the song since day one its very annoying.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, it happens unfortunately.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited October 2010
    Deeznutzs27;4128394 said:
    Yeah that one really pisses me off. There seems to be a bit of some elitest crap that goes on at the Creators site. Some songs seem to get crapped on just because people feel they can or dont like a certain group and other IMO crap gets pushed out by their buddies.. That song was fine to play 2 versions ago. People like to nitpick the slightest things.. things that your average player would never see or have an issue with. Things that HMX would let pass as in the end they are trivial. Its not the only one but being a fan of Emery and playtesting the song since day one its very annoying.
    First, no these are not things HMX would pass. In fact the have explicitly told the testers on multiple occasions that if any of the rules are broken then you must fail it. Not up for opinion. These are basic rules and really should not be hard for an author to follow. To me, this would be like a student handing in a paper and getting mad when he got asked to rewrite because of grammar and spelling errors even though he didn't bother to learn the rules or properly proofread his paper.

    Secondly, the 'crap' that gets pushed out by 'buddies' is called trading. Authors and testers do it, it is encouraged. The fact that this author does nothing for other tracks is why other stuff makes it out faster. Not to mention the couple month turnaround for his new versions.

    Thirdly, I find the idea that testers actually 'crap' on songs because they don't like the band ridiculous. You can argue that a song won't get much attention because someone dislikes a band or song. But no one is going to take the time to playtest something because they specifically dislike it.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited October 2010
    It's not like Randy has a ton of time to be doing playtests or reviews or anything, I mean he's probably pretty busy being in Demon Hunter and all...
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    So it's still up in playtest right now? I remember hearing that it wasnt happening anymore.
  • jbrocker56jbrocker56 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I do hope we get this Emery track and lots more from Tooth & Nails!!
Sign In or Register to comment.