Oh, whiny me..

Comments

• DeviateRogueDeviateRogue Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    We'll be a dream, should have been put up. *disappointed
  • a1ltobeg0dly16a1ltobeg0dly16 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    cwade729;3900987 said:
    I checked my thread about emailing bands, and they haven't been contacted yet. If you can find their contact info, you can email them about the Network
    i have their contact info and i know travis pretty well cause my sister went to high school with them (i go to manatee high school,the school they got famous in) so il see what i can do,from what my sister has said to them though they definitly want more of there stuff in rock band.
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited July 2010
    cwade729;3900987 said:
    I checked my thread about emailing bands, and they haven't been contacted yet. If you can find their contact info, you can email them about the Network
    I'm guessing you missed the news that four (soon to be five) of their songs have just been released. It's not like they don't know. :)
    I believe they were using rbn to promote their newest album Smile Kid some more. Maybe they'll give the authors some earlier songs if these do good seeing how both albums are on the same label.
    This fellow is on the right track. If you want to see more, then support the songs that did get released, all of which are excellent in their own right!
  • Erra93Erra93 Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    a1ltobeg0dly16;3901024 said:
    i have their contact info and i know travis pretty well cause my sister went to high school with them (i go to manatee high school,the school they got famous in) so il see what i can do,from what my sister has said to them though they definitly want more of there stuff in rock band.
    Totally awesome, love you man! I'll see which ones I like from their new stuff and I'll definitely get some!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2010
    The new We The Kings album is amazing so while, yeah, I'd love some of the stuff from the self-titled this is awesome too.

RG, if you guys get "We'll Be A Dream" (their duet with Demi Lovato) wait til RBN 2.0 please :)
  • EricTheUnicornEricTheUnicorn Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Explain why no Heaven Can Wait?
    edited August 2010
    You know, the more I think about it I'm thinking HMX may have a few more WTK tracks in their stockpile, likely the singles. Hopefully they will actually release them and not let them sit there.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    kingtonyx;3945143 said:
    You know, the more I think about it I'm thinking HMX may have a few more WTK tracks in their stockpile, likely the singles. Hopefully they will actually release them and not let them sit there.
    This is probably the most likely. The group's people probably came to Harmonix and said "Okay, how about you release a few of our new songs along with our old ones to promote our new album" and Harmonix replied "All righty, we'll put you in the queue. They'll be out in January 2011" so the group's people went to RBN for the new songs instead.
    edited August 2010
    kingtonyx;3945143 said:
    What gives you this hunch?
    edited August 2010
    EricTheUnicorn;3959889 said:
    What gives you this hunch?
    well HMX did have "Check Yes Juliet" in their stockpile, so it would make sense that they had others
    edited August 2010
    kingtonyx;3959896 said:
    well HMX did have "Check Yes Juliet" in their stockpile, so it would make sense that they had others
    I thought that was because Check Yes Juliet was the song with huge radio play. I wasn't sure if WTK were big enough for them to get pack of them. Boys Like Girls got Thunder in LRB and then The Great Escape a couple of months later. I guess I can hope.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Oh look, it's another "right band, wrong song" thread.
    edited August 2010
    I hope people aren't immediately discounting the songs because they aren't their most popular singles. Each of the ones released is very fun to play on just about every instrument without being overly challenging, and the songs are all extremely catchy. Honestly, any of the five could easily be released as their next big single.
    edited August 2010
    I bought 3 of them so far :D I particularly dig "Summer Love"
    edited August 2010
    kingtonyx;3960327 said:
    I bought 3 of them so far :D I particularly dig "Summer Love"
    Yeah, I think I'll be getting that one song, it's the one I like the most so far ^^
  • taylorleetaylorlee Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Why is the song from Harmonix and LEGO Rock Band (Check Yes Juliet) labelled as Emo, but the rest of them on RBN are placed under Alternative?
    edited August 2010
    it's annoying but you will find this often on RBN

bands have been avoiding the "Emo" tag
    edited August 2010
    I don't know why they would. Aside from Taking Back Sunday, most of the songs under the "Emo" category have sold really well.

Same with the Nu-Metal category, almost all of those songs have a respectable selling rate.
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, although to be fair it's a bit of a erratic grouping created by HMX.

Really it could be dissolved and all of the bands moved to Pop-Rock or Punk or something. Really if you look at it it doesn't make sense to have Blink-182, All Time Low, and Yellowcard in three different genres but it's the way we have it right now.
    edited August 2010
    kingtonyx;3982362 said:
    Yeah, although to be fair it's a bit of a erratic grouping created by HMX.

Really it could be dissolved and all of the bands moved to Pop-Rock or Punk or something. Really if you look at it it doesn't make sense to have Blink-182, All Time Low, and Yellowcard in three different genres but it's the way we have it right now.
    I always thought that if the song has a whiny sounding teenagey singer, it would be classified as emo.

Worked for We The Kings, All American Rejects, Boys Like Girls anyways.
    edited August 2010
    Many times, it is up to the record label or band themselves to decide what genre they wish to be placed in for RBN content. Hence why the five WTK RBN tracks ended up as "Alternative".
  • crash13crash13 Jiminy jillickers!
    edited August 2010
    I hope we get Skyway Avenue before RB3 to hold us over till we get Secret Valentine after RB3.
    edited August 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3982833 said:
    Many times, it is up to the record label or band themselves to decide what genre they wish to be placed in for RBN content. Hence why the five WTK RBN tracks ended up as "Alternative".
    That makes sense, but it is going to be quite annoying once RBN tracks are integrated into the challenges on RB3.
    edited August 2010
    kingtonyx;3983035 said:
    That makes sense, but it is going to be quite annoying once RBN tracks are integrated into the challenges on RB3.
    Yeah, I can see that happening.

Playing an Alternative marathon, and then having "We The Kings" show up.

Or the odd genre discrepancies from RB1 tracks, like Black Hole Sun and In Bloom.
    edited April 2012
    crash13;3983021 said:
    I hope we get Skyway Avenue before RB3 to hold us over till we get Secret Valentine after RB3.

Sadly, that wasn't the case though. Bringing this up because I still need Skyway Avenue!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited April 2012
    Hold on a sec...

Doesn't this belong in the Ultimate Setlist Forum (where most song/band request threads go)?
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited April 2012
    LiveHomeVideo;4696971 said:
    Hold on a sec...

Doesn't this belong in the Ultimate Setlist Forum (where most song/band request threads go)?

Presumably, it was here because the band had a bunch of songs released through RBN.