I hope to God that it's easier to buy RBN songs from Quickplay Demos in RB3

Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
80% of the time, I play the demo, and try to buy the song and it "fails" to get me to the music store.

When it does work, I try to get back to Quickplay to play the next demo and I look at that concert backscreen for like 2 minutes before it gives me back the menus...

Comments

• SatansBestBuddySatansBestBuddy Opening Act
    edited July 2010
    That's... pretty dismal internet you've got there. >.>

But I agree that they should find a way to make it a little smoother; even when everything works perfectly it still takes at least two minutes from when you hit Buy Song to when you actually own it, and a lot of that is loading time.
  • Givem2meGivem2me Rising Star
    edited July 2010
    SatansBestBuddy;3903050 said:
    That's... pretty dismal internet you've got there. >.>

But I agree that they should find a way to make it a little smoother; even when everything works perfectly it still takes at least two minutes from when you hit Buy Song to when you actually own it, and a lot of that is loading time.
    Internet is fine. We had 3 XBox's playing Halo at once. My reader maybe about to red-ring or something... many times I go to RBN and try to preview a song and I get 30 seconds of loading and then it says I can't access the Network, but that is just more of my issue.

But even when it works fines, I have to log back into quickplay, local quickplay, log in the a player of the mic and the guitar (as I play both), pick a song [the only worthwhile step here], scroll down from medium to expert with both, watch my 2 players get announced... then finally play another 30 seconds of another perview before deciding to buy or delete another song. It's a real chore.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I have a lot of trouble buying songs after playing demos too. Most recently with the We the Kings songs that were released.

I downloaded the trials for all the songs. Played through the first one, selected "Buy Song", loaded for a few seconds, error message. Next song, same thing. And again with the next one. I finally had to purchase them on the RBN store.

Oddly enough, I had no problems buying the full versions of two other songs after playing their demos. With those songs, however, I downloaded their trials days earlier. Is it possible that the amount of time the trial is on your hard drive affects whether or not the "Buy Song" option works? :confused: