Paul/Beatles on Glee?

BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
edited October 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Paul has said he would definitely be open to his and/or the Beatles music being on Glee, and apparently the creator is going to do it. I'm assuming they are talking about Master tracks, since they can do covers anyway, unless they mean an entire episode of it or something.

I don't mind, it's not my favorite show, but I've seen a few episodes. [It's really only worth watching for the funny Jane Lynch]. I'd definitely watch one with their music though.

Any music that is on Glee always rises up the charts. The only thing is as we know Beatles music is not digital, wonder if that's coming soon? Not that I care, I have all the albums now, though I would definitely download Real Love and Free as a Bird.

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I really don't care if they do covers. If I don't like it, I just won't listen to it. Doesn't affect me at all if it is bad.
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Is Paul going to be on the show?
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    they also did imagine.

i think glee does a great job with the music. at the very least it exposes a younger generation to classic songs who then may go out and find the original.
  • BeatlesPhins1BeatlesPhins1 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Yeah they've already done covers, but I think this would be using masters in the background or something? Unless he just wants them to use more covers.

I think all these artists like the show since it promotes music, and sells it.

http://www.pbpulse.com/gossip/celeb-stalker/2010/08/03/paul-mccartney-pitches-beatles-songs-for-glee/
  • JoeMamaNewAccountJoeMamaNewAccount Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I am ok with this, as long as its not as bad as "Across The Universe" where the sound of the songs completely changed.
  • fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    No no no no no how can paul let this happen ! They ruin every song they touch ! They are like kidz bop but with high school musical !
    edited August 2010
    fatalfiend37;3912095 said:
    No no no no no how can paul let this happen ! They ruin every song they touch ! They are like kidz bop but with high school musical !
    Like I said before, if you don't like the songs just do listen to them. No one's forcing you to. Who cares if the cover ends up being bad? The original's still there for you to listen to. It wouldn't affect you at all.
  • Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    The day Glee do Cannibal Corpse is the day i'll respect it.

But seriously, if it gets kids to listen to Beatles instead of Lady/Lord Gaga, i'm all for it.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited August 2010
    If this gets kids to listen to the Beatles over some of the crap that comes out today... I'm all for it.
  • kkslider9827kkslider9827 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    GLEE KIlls MUSIC END OF STORY
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Dragonheart1991;3912148 said:
    The day Glee do Cannibal Corpse is the day i'll respect it.

But seriously, if it gets kids to listen to Beatles instead of Lady/Lord Gaga, i'm all for it.
    Kids won't listen to the Beatles, kids will listen to Glee cover the Beatles.
    edited August 2010
    Rockbandfan23467;3912227 said:
    Kids won't listen to the Beatles, kids will listen to Glee cover the Beatles.
    And there's a problem with that? Music is music. If they enjoy it, let them listen to it. I'm sure you, and many other people, listened to some pretty "crappy" songs when you were younger. But today you're listening to the Beatles. Kids will eventually move on to more "mature" music. But everyone's gonna start somewhere. At least they're getting in to music that resembles the Beatles.
    edited August 2010
    THERE IS a problem with that
    edited August 2010
    fatalfiend37;3912312 said:
    THERE IS a problem with that
    What's the big deal? Why is it a problem?
    edited August 2010
    its ruining amazing music.
    edited August 2010
    fatalfiend37;3912351 said:
    For every person who thinks it's ruining the music, there's gonna be a Glee fan who loves it. Just let them enjoy it if they like it. It will probably even eventually lead to them discovering the original songs as well as other music by tons of other different artists. And they can get in to music they probably wouldn't have thanks to the show of the show. And like I said before, no one's making you listen to it. You can just totally ignore it and continue life like it never happened. While the people that do like the music can continue to enjoy it.
  • dannycorkerdannycorker Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Even if they do do a bad cover how would it ruin the music? 'Yesterday' has been covered 3500 times or something, and I bet a fair umber of them have been bad covers. But last time I checked, Yesterday was still an amazing Beatles song. I think enough people love the Beatles music that you don't need to worry about it being covered by a TV show!
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    i always find it humourous how people try to enforce their taste on others. ill give you a tip: nobody gives a rats what you like or dont like. if you dont like it, turn it off. your problem is now solved. how does it affect you if little johnny on the other side of the country likes it?
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I know glee sucks i thought hello goodbye was so cheesy. But by paul putting his songs on the show the teens who watch the show, i think it will result in more teens searching up the mcCartney that was just on glee or it could be a bad result that they think of the glee version first over the mcCartney version or they just don't care because they think today's music best man, McCartney is old. Well i guess one of your older relatives is bad because he/she is old. But yeah i'm rambling on.
  • EdgarmcflyEdgarmcfly Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    i agree
  • KylekillgannonKylekillgannon Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Glee is not good in my eyes.

I don't see people picking up old music when they like a song covered on Glee, I see them stocking their MP3s with that version of the song and talking about how amazing it is and how it's even better than the original. Which is BULL ****. I don't care how good Don't Stop Believing was to you, Steve Perry out sings those ***** by miles.
  • risnuffrisnuff Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Kylekillgannon;3926660 said:
    Glee is not good in my eyes.

I don't see people picking up old music when they like a song covered on Glee, I see them stocking their MP3s with that version of the song and talking about how amazing it is and how it's even better than the original. Which is BULL ****. I don't care how good Don't Stop Believing was to you, Steve Perry out sings those ***** by miles.
    Exactly. All the Glee fans I know don't seek out the music by the original artists unless it was some trendy pop music that they had already, like Rhianna or Lady Gaga. Instead, they just have the Glee versions. What can I say? I don't exactly appreciate a person's taste in music if they have Glee's version of Bohemian Rhapsody, but not the original. It's like Kidz Bop all over again, except Kidz Bop didn't have three albums at the top of the Billboard charts....in one year!
  • JelfossJelfoss Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Why is there something wrong with that? So what, they like a cover more than the original. It's still the same song. I mean, I don't see people complaining about actual bands covering other songs, so why is Glee different? Did the Beatles ruin Twist And Shout? Did Hendrix ruin All Along The Watchtower? People preferring a cover over an original is not a bad thing.
  • Jdawg1Jdawg1 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    celtfan;3909434 said:
    Glee sucks they did KISS and they ruined the songs that they did
    I'm so with you. They already mutilated KISS's songs. If they do it with The Beatles I will kill them.:mad:
  • Shadowkiller11Shadowkiller11 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    soup567;3909359 said:
    Glee butchers songs.
    This, they get good songs then molests them so they will never sound the same again without hearing the utter awful Glee alternative.
  • JelfossJelfoss Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    They don't butcher songs. It's not like they're covering the song in a different genre, because if you listen to the original, and then the Glee version (which I doubt most of you have, or else you would have already realized this), they're not that different.

Journey

Glee

They're a little different, but I wouldn't call that butchering.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I seriously lol'd at all the ignorant responses complaining about Glee.
    edited August 2010
    I also lol'd at Glee, some kid singing Bo'Rap and butchering it, killing freddy mercury in the afterlife.
  • BeatlesFan88BeatlesFan88 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    hiimSMAP;3930740 said:
    I seriously lol'd at all the ignorant responses complaining about Glee.
    fatalfiend37;3931297 said:
    I also lol'd at Glee, some kid singing Bo'Rap and butchering it, killing freddy mercury in the afterlife.
    You might wanna read that a little more carefully.
  • justinmioljustinmiol Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    I love Glee and Lea Michele is my favorite star actress from the show.