Cant Find/ Play My RBN DLC

farrow1985farrow1985 Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Just wondered if you guys could shed some light on my problem i downloaded a few RBN songs from the PSN store and entered the game to play them but cant find them. What games are the RBN songs compatible with as im none the wiser? I have RB, L:RB, GD:RB. Do i have to buy RB2 to be able to play these songs?

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    Yep. I believe they only work with RB2.
  • farrow1985farrow1985 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Cheers, Bummer guess ill have to go out and get myself RB2 was one few songs on there i would play so didnt bother buyin it when it came out lol
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    The good news is RB2 is pretty darned cheap now :)
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Also the RB2 disc songs will more-than-likely export into RB3 when it comes out, which will also support RBN songs.
  • farrow1985farrow1985 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    true, i just assumed the RBN dlc would work in L:RB as on the describtion its says RB2 or later patched versions lol but then again maybe not be Everyone friendly lol.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    farrow1985;3918680 said:
    true, i just assumed the RBN dlc would work in L:RB as on the describtion its says RB2 or later patched versions lol but then again maybe not be Everyone friendly lol.
    http://www.rockband.com/music/dlc/rbn

All RBN songs are set by default to "Supervision Recommended" since Harmonix doesn't want to have to go through all 500 songs determining which to label as "Family Friendly" before passing them through to the marketplace. Makes things go smoother and quicker.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    TheOzone;3918744 said:
    http://www.rockband.com/music/dlc/rbn

All RBN songs are set by default to "Supervision Recommended" since Harmonix doesn't want to have to go through all 500 songs determining which to label as "Family Friendly" before passing them through to the marketplace. Makes things go smoother and quicker.
    Considering they go into quarantine, they could have without too much delay. I would suspect that for songs that weren't available at the time of LRB's release, that the data inside the song is what determines whether or not it's 'family friendly'. You'd know better than I would if you can tag songs in such a way. But I doubt it.

However, RBN tracks are stored (at least on 360) in the RB2 directory. LRB has not been updated to look for new tracks in that directory (neither has RB1) so, for all intents and purposes, those songs simply don't exists.

Saying that all RBN tracks have supervision required is just a convenient label.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3918898 said:
    Considering they go into quarantine, they could have without too much delay. I would suspect that for songs that weren't available at the time of LRB's release, that the data inside the song is what determines whether or not it's 'family friendly'. You'd know better than I would if you can tag songs in such a way. But I doubt it.

However, RBN tracks are stored (at least on 360) in the RB2 directory. LRB has not been updated to look for new tracks in that directory (neither has RB1) so, for all intents and purposes, those songs simply don't exists.

Saying that all RBN tracks have supervision required is just a convenient label.
    It would be nice to list RBN tracks without a vocals part as family friendly, but ah well, Harmonix even has a couple of SR instrumentals