Let It Be (Film)

TheHunterX360TheHunterX360 Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Have you guys seen it? I thought it was a pretty great film. I'd like to see it in remastered in HD someday. Quite unfortunate how it'll probably never see the light of day due to its content.

Comments

• nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    I need to find all films
  • Andyx1337Andyx1337 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    TheHunterX360;3929285 said:
    Have you guys seen it? I thought it was a pretty great film. I'd like to see it in remastered in HD someday. Quite unfortunate how it'll probably never see the light of day due to its content.
    What's the content? Explicit things?
  • fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    the movie was good, still need to see M.M.T
  • Shadowkiller11Shadowkiller11 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Andyx1337;3929439 said:
    What's the content? Explicit things?
    Where is one or two profanities but really its because The Beatles didn't want to re-release it as it represented the bad times in their life. I had to look it up on Youtube sadly i loved the Rooftop and the random spontainous scene of Ringo cheerfully strolling in and Paul on the piano and they just have a jam on the piano.
  • Zachy7777Zachy7777 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    fatalfiend37;3929878 said:
    the movie was good, still need to see M.M.T
    You probably won't make it past the first ten minutes.
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Zachy7777;3934375 said:
    You probably won't make it past the first ten minutes.
    I agree. I love the Beatles, but "Magical Mystery Tour" was 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
  • Big-A2Big-A2 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    LeCH24;3934398 said:
    I agree. I love the Beatles, but "Magical Mystery Tour" was 90 minutes of my life that I'll never get back.
    You will if you spend less time on RockBand.com's fourms.
  • Zerobox94Zerobox94 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    LeCH24;3934398 said:
    This.
  • StopSign49StopSign49 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I've seen them all except this.
    Might watch it on Friday.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    TheHunterX360;3929285 said:
    Hate to be this blunt, but once Paul and Ringo are dead it'll probably be released again.
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    In the let it be film the beginnig is so depressing. And crazy. The thinks that make me happy in the film is the rooftop, The beatles playing Two of us, Let it be and The long and winding road. Another thing that made me smile and laugh was when paul and john were rehearsing Two of us and they were sharing the mic and having fun and then the camera showed Yoko who looked jealous :p
  • CaptainHarlockCaptainHarlock Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    There has been talk about releasing Let It Be again throughout the last few years. When? That's anyone's guess. Back in 2008 Paul and Ringo stopped a planned release because they didn't want fans to see their "darker side".

The film IS out there, if you want it bad enough you can find it.
    edited August 2010
    You can watch it on youtube
  • Obla-Di-Obla-DaObla-Di-Obla-Da Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    That was weird when they were going kakakakakakakakaka.
  • TheHunterX360TheHunterX360 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    RetroGaming;3929407 said:
    I'd rather see Magical Mystery Tour, first.
    Are you serious? lol
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I have seen it, and I don't get the reported problem with showing the "dark side" of the Beatles, because it barely exists in the film. Barring the infamous argument between George and Paul (which to be honest was a pretty tame affair) most of the film is just the Beatles sitting around jamming or working on tracks or messing around. Other than various Beatles occasionally looking fairly bored (which for all we know is how they looked most of the time in the studio), there isn't anything about it thats all that negative or reflects especially poorly on the band. And the rooftop concert is great; this alone makes watching the film worthwhile.

"Magical Mystery Tour" on the other hand, is an abysmal, unwatchable mess. Arrg.
    edited August 2010
    there is no dark side in this movie. Though when it starts its kind of dark but otherwise it isn't. John and paul doing two of us is fun. Paul is going rwaow rwaow rwaow rwaow rwaow.
  • AppleScruff88AppleScruff88 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    LeCH24;3934398 said:
    Funny because the film is only an hour long. I'm probably in the minority but I actually like Magical Mystery Tour. It's not my favorite film by any stretch, but it has it's moments (I Am the Walrus, WHERE'S THE BUS?, Little Nicola).
    edited August 2010
    AppleScruff88;3951628 said:
    Funny because the film is only an hour long. I'm probably in the minority but I actually like Magical Mystery Tour. It's not my favorite film by any stretch, but it has it's moments (I Am the Walrus, WHERE'S THE BUS?, Little Nicola).
    I like MMT too. but out of AHDN Help LIB and YS, MMT is last. YS and MMT are odd movies.

1.Help
    2.AHDN
    3.LIB
    4.YS
    5.MMT
  • Shadowkiller11Shadowkiller11 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    AppleScruff88;3951628 said:
    I had to watch it on youtube and i didn't mind it. Granted it somewhat failed in humor the unique premise was interesting.
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I think it would be good but I don't get the dark side
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I mean was it darth vader or the Emperor who led the dark side
  • gforce1985gforce1985 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I liked the film well enough (bless you YouTube). The movie that supposedly showed the breakup of a band wasn't all that turbulent. I like seeing the behind the scenes work. It is disjointed compared to their other films, but it is a documentary after all. The rooftop concert makes the whole affair worth it (what I wouldn't give to be that guy sitting on the roof right across the street). Also, John and Yoko waltzing to I Me Mine is great, what a sense of humor and whimsy.
    edited August 2010
    I wanted to be in Mal Evans' position since he got to bang the anvil in maxwell silver hammer :p. Also he really got into it too he had a clipboard and when he banged it he banged it good :D and he was mouthing the words.
  • RampantFrenzyRampantFrenzy Opening Act
    edited August 2010
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    It was a good film, but it's hard to watch, because it's more of just sitting there watching them sit around, not really a film. There are some good parts, but it's very disjointed, which is both good and bad in some ways.
  • Dr.SmootDr.Smoot Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    gforce1985;3960622 said:
    I liked the film well enough (bless you YouTube). The movie that supposedly showed the breakup of a band wasn't all that turbulent.
    Exactly. We always hear how they could barely stand to be around each other during this time and were quarrling constantly, but little to none of that comes across in the film. I have heard quite a few audio recordings from the period that are much the same - you don't really hear much in the way of animosity, just normal conversations, kidding around and so forth. Maybe they were very careful to keep that kind of thing under wraps if they knew a camera or a tape machine was going to catch it.
  • wlorcbwlorcb Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    The thing is, this is the period between The Beatles and Abbey Road.

How many other bands of ANY time period would record an album, decide they didn't like it and then go record another album of all new songs? Just them.

The Get Back project was supposed to be an album, a film of the album and a tour. There was a boatload of film shot during this period. What The Beatles need is their very own Jeff Stein to go over it all, choose the good bits, have Martin redo the audio and release 6 or 7 hours on BluRay. Have you guys read the list of 'oldies' that the boys used to warm up during Let It Be(it's in the booklet that came with the original LP). Stuff like that would be gold to watch.
  • TheHunterX360TheHunterX360 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Eh at least the should release the segments with the songs.
  • MaRkiSHMaRkiSH Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    A Hard Day's Night is way funnier.