Two weeks and no useful response- export code

sneauxouisneauxoui Unsigned
edited October 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
I ran into the export code problem wherein it tells me that my code is already used, even when I bought it new. I sent them all the requested information on 08/02 and still haven't gotten anything fixed, and have gone through every noted avenue. What do I need to so to get this fixed, or even some sort of response that isn't "keep waiting"?

On the off chance that someone that can do something about this us reading this, I can provide all needed documentation.

Sigh... This is getting ridiculously stupid and disappointing. I can't even take the game back for a refund! Ugh.

Comments

• sneauxouisneauxoui Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Yep. To no avail.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Return it from where you purchased it. Say its defective. (It basically is) Most places will exchange software for the same item (You may need a receipt Walmart and Target may not require one). Enjoy.
  • austin9993austin9993 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I had a problem with this.
    The thing is, I bought it from GameStop, and they wont let you do what BohemianMatt suggests.
    I just toughed it out. Why would I want to play a setlist with The Final Countdown, Panic Attack, AND Chop Suey in one game?
    *crys*
    edited August 2010
    More than that, it's the pathetic lack of support I'm getting. Shameful.

To be more specific, I have tried to contact both Warner and Harmonix regarding this issue-- calls, e-mails, messages to board staff, all have resulted in nothing. I have provided proof of purchase, including images of the code, the disc, case and receipt proving that the items are new. I have been ignored since, and told to just wait.

To be explicit: BOTH WARNER AND HARMONIX ARE PROVIDING NONEXISTENT, GARBAGE SERVICE. This cannot be blamed on Warner alone.
  • dart127739dart127739 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    sneauxoui;3945653 said:
    More than that, it's the pathetic lack of support I'm getting. Shameful.

To be more specific, I have tried to contact both Warner and Harmonix regarding this issue-- calls, e-mails, messages to board staff, all have resulted in nothing. I have provided proof of purchase, including images of the code, the disc, case and receipt proving that the items are new. I have been ignored since, and told to just wait.

To be explicit: BOTH WARNER AND HARMONIX ARE PROVIDING NONEXISTENT, GARBAGE SERVICE. This cannot be blamed on Warner alone.
    Maybe this only happened to you, and they don't really know what the problem is? Oh, and plus just return the game and buy a new one. If you can't, you can't really blame Harmonix. What can they do about that? How are they really suppose to know you didn't just buy it used or got it from a friend? I mean you can prove it, with like a receipt and stuff, but wouldn't that take a while? And if you do have the receipt, try returning it, or just selling it to someone and buy a new one.
    edited August 2010
    Try reading. I provided proof of new purchase, including receipts. The product was not as described, and that is the responsibility of the manufacturer. I would love to see how well you handle inferior service. And do note that I'm not the only one encountering this issue. Codes not working are a common enough occurrence.

That said, the issue was FINALLY resolved. Coincidentally after voicing my dissatisfaction.
  • Schiz02Schiz02 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I just bought a copy new from my local Wal-Mart a couple of hours ago and am running into this problem. I emailed the support page as soon as I noticed the problem. I have the reciept.
  • Chocobo115Chocobo115 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Aye same problem here since last week, bought this game half a year just to import the songs later into Rock Band 3. And now it doesn't work.
    /sigh

EDIT: been fixed
  • Beefy HitsBeefy Hits Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    You guys do know that you don't put the code into the game, but you go to a website, put the code in, and THEN you get another code to put into the "redeem code" screen on XBL, right? It seems ridiculous to me that they did it this way... why didn't they just have one code you put into the game???!!
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Did you really need to revive a two month old thread to add a completely irrelevant post?
This discussion has been closed.