8/17/2010 DLC Discussion Thread - Black Keys, Neon Trees

edited August 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;3933933 said:
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week! Eagle eyed posters will have already caught wind of this via announcements made by the bands on Twitter and Facebook, so let that be a lesson to you: DLC announcements can come from anywhere! Be sure to keep an eye on upcoming newsletters, community events, podcasts, etc. for more announcements in the future. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Aug. 17):

The Black Keys – “Strange Times”
The Black Keys – “I Got Mine”
The Black Keys – “Your Touch”
Neon Trees – “Animal”
Neon Trees – “Sins of My Youth”
Neon Trees – “1983”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Aug. 18)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Black Keys Pack 01” and “Neon Trees Pack 01,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per track

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points) for The Black Keys Pack 01 or Neon Trees Pack 01

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!

Rock Band Network releases will be listed below shortly. Check back soon!

:o :) :p

Comments

• RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Congratulations to The Black Keys and Neon Trees for making it to Rock Band.
  • Sgt PipperSgt Pipper Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Can't say I've heard of either of these bands. I will check the charts out on Youtube when they come out.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2010
    Nice to see two bands making their Rock Band debuts.

However, these songs aren't for me (at least, right now).

More money into the RB3 fund!!
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I've heard of X, Spoon, Mission of Burma, The Stooges, and several other artists people have said "Who?" to, but really who is Neon Trees?
  • kravenkraven Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Really need to give Indie rock a rest.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Neon Trees aren't indie rock. They sound a little like the Killers, except less dramatic and over-the-top.

I'm glad we're getting "1983"... that was my standout favorite on Habits.

And the Black Keys, are like, all we have left to be proud of in Akron.
  • A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited August 2010
    Swing and a miss.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    nothing for me. neon trees may actually be the worst thing we've gotten this year, trumping some heavy-hitters.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Harmonix, let me blow you some **kisses** for the Black Keys! Strange Times is one of those songs I love but had no idea what it was called or who the artist was. Definitely snagging all three of the songs. :D

Neon Trees, though... eh, not my cup of tea. That nasal/whiny tone of the singer drives me nuts. Yay for those who love them, though.
  • BBBDBBBD Rising Star
    edited August 2010
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    A New Pyro Fool;3934073 said:
    Swing and a miss.
    Should try a bigger bat... Homerun for me! :D Thanks HMX!
  • ChaseFVChaseFV Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I'm sorry so many of you loathe Neon Trees, but "Animal" has been getting quite a bit of airplay here in C-bus, and I've been thinking since I first heard it that that the bass line would be fun to play. And of course, being in Ohio, the Black Keys are also a must-buy.
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, pass this week, might put the Black Keys on a 'get later' list. Atleast I'll be getting songs the following week.
  • foofighterfan4Mccainfoofighterfan4Mccain Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    badhack0x13;3934090 said:
    Harmonix, let me blow you some **kisses** for the Black Keys! Strange Times is one of those songs I love but had no idea what it was called or who the artist was. Definitely snagging all three of the songs. :D

Neon Trees, though... eh, not my cup of tea. That nasal/whiny tone of the singer drives me nuts. Yay for those who love them, though.
    Fixed, yeah they both rhyme.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Hooray, more than one pack/artist! I haven't been able to get into the Black Keys but I know they're pretty popular among the indie crowd, so good get for Harmonix. Neon Trees are only vaguely familiar (seems like I've seen their singer before) but after checking them out the don't sound half bad. Good week in my book.
  • badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    >.< It's definitely time for some caffeine...

(Thanks for the catch!)
  • edited August 2010
    Yessss!!!!

I went through one of those "Listen to this album non-stop" phases with Neon Trees; I absolutely love all of their songs. Great choice of songs, HMX, especially "1983." I will definitely be picking all three of these up :D
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Skip for me, but it's nice to see some new bands making it to RB.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited August 2010
    I like the Neon Trees songs. I might pick them all up.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    About time for The Black Keys! I'm not familiar with Neon Trees, but I'll give it a test listen later.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Thanks but no thanks.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2010
    I recently saw Neon Trees and enjoyed them, so they'll probably end up on my purchase list.

And from the Black Keys, probably just 'Strange Times'.
  • hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    afterstasis;3934079 said:
    nothing for me. neon trees may actually be the worst thing we've gotten this year, trumping some heavy-hitters.
    After listening I'd say not quite, the Attack Attack we got through RBN was worse and then their was the Miley Cyrus pack. But still, it's bad.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Eh, in a sense, this week is good. It saves me money.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited August 2010
    I'll pass. Just not music that sounded good to me. It is nice to see more than one artist come out, however. And for those that like these bands, well you know how I'll feel when HMX releases some Hair Metal tracks one of these weeks. :)

It's all good though. I recently damaged my left wrist pretty badly, so for the next couple of months I can't really handle the frets all that well. It's either don't play (which the DLC being released is making me do) or learn how to play lefty. :p
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    These are decent songs by decent bands for sure, but what a wasted opportunity to promote RB3 at gamescom. I hope they'll at least reveal some more European RB3 artists :(

C'mon HMX, in the week of the biggest public European gaming convention you don't release songs by a single European band? *facepalm*
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Pass. Not even slightly interested.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Not for me. Pass.
  • chico76chico76 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    WOOO for Neon Trees! I really dig on their stuff and I think "Animal" is going to be a GREAT song for full bands to rock out to...

Thanks HMX! :)
  • kotrankotran Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Whew!!! Good thing I looked at the announcement again this morning. Yesterday, when I saw it posted on Facebook, I thought I read a three pack from Black Eyed Peas. The forum would have imploded if that was the case.
This discussion has been closed.