Comments

• sonny34sonny34 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    The Tragically Hip track is $3.00?...dang:(
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited August 2010
    1. Racket
    2. Noisy
    3. Ding ding ding! I can stop hassling HMX until New Orleans is Sinking comes out! Although I really hate the idea of $3 songs.
    4. I know a lot of people like Coulton, but I have more than enough.
    5. Um, I don't know, maybe? Sounds ok but I'll have to listen to it somewhere other than at work.
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    sonny34;3934301 said:
    The Tragically Hip track is $3.00?...dang:(
    If that's true then I'm definitely not getting that song, $3.00 is too much I will not pay it even if the song is good. Will definitely pick up Coulton, I think the dude's a genius and will download all of his stuff that comes to PS3. The other ones I have to listen to before deciding, anything that is screamy noise though is pretty unlikely to be bought.

After listening, only Coulton, the first 2 are definite passes and the last one looks and sounds boring.
  • warrenpollardwarrenpollard Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I'd have to forfeit my Canadian citizenship if I didn't buy "Blow at High Dough". 3 dollars or not.
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Not going to buy a $3 dollar song, I can promise you that.

The others, I'll have to to youtube when I get home and check 'em out.
  • doomed26doomed26 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    nothing for me this week. rbn or rb dlc.
  • bigmfbigmf Tiny Hulk Smash!
    edited August 2010
    warrenpollard;3934317 said:
    I'd have to forfeit my Canadian citizenship if I didn't buy "Blow at High Dough". 3 dollars or not.
    Gord Downie himself would have to come to your house and throw you out of the country.
  • MyronJ906MyronJ906 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Blow at High Dough!!!!!!! Made my freaking day.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2010
    After listening to the 3 non noise songs.... will pick up Anarbor 'Let the Games Begin'. TH didn't do anything for me, and JC is all sounding the same to me.
  • metalhead27metalhead27 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Blow at High Dough is the only thing that interests me this week, but I'm going to think over the $3 price tag.
  • MyronJ906MyronJ906 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Gave "Let The Games Begin" a listen, and I decided I like it. Definitely buying. So I guess for me it's that and Blow at High Dough. For sure. Don't think I'm snagging the regular DLC, I'll have to give it a listen to be certain though. Granted I should limit myself, move into my dorm next Friday anyways
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Gonna get Blow at High Dough because it rocks. I probably will pick up JoCo and JFAC too.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Job for a cowboy and Texas in july fo sho. Two AWESOME songs at the price of one? Just count me in!

Still confused about the tragically hip thing. It's a really good song, I just don't feel like paying 3 bucks for that one.
  • powertpowert Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    *sigh*... still waiting on Evile, Meshugga, Exodus, Emperor, Death Angel, Glass Hammer, Quartered, Scale the Summit, Ron Wasserman, 5FDP, and Rodrigo y Gabriela. This 5 song/week limit is killing me, but I'll still be picking up Job for a Cowboy and Texas in July.
  • Johnny StaccatoJohnny Staccato Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    folkeye;3934379 said:
    After listening to the 3 non noise songs.... will pick up Anarbor 'Let the Games Begin'. TH didn't do anything for me, and JC is all sounding the same to me.
    This pretty much sums it up. I'd also like to mention that Job for a Cowboy should spend more time roping calves and less time making music.
  • MexMex Mex Type Thing
    edited August 2010
    Tragically Hip for me. Even at 3 bucks it must be done.
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited August 2010
    Nothing this week, first time in awhile a miss for RBN!
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    Again, nothing.

*sigh*
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    So JoCo has like 5 songs but Bang Camaro has 1?
  • rocker820rocker820 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    elements was really good, so I'll look into Texas in July
    definate pass on Job for a Cowboy
    considering Tragically Hip
    never in the ****ing world would I buy a Jonathan Coulton song. Harmonix really needs to stop releasing all of his songs because they all suck.
    Never heard of Anarbor but I'll look into it.

so overall a below average week, but not horrible.
  • Ruz-ElRuz-El Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    nice to see some love for The Hip!
  • GDVPlayerGDVPlayer Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    2nd Texas in July song already!? Hell yes, buying that.
  • CommonCriminalCommonCriminal The Stork Whisperer
    edited August 2010
    Maybe Johnathan Coulton.

I wish the Tragically Hip song had a drum chart for me to see...
  • TheRazorsEdgeTheRazorsEdge Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Texas in July & Job For a Cowboy
  • TheRazorsEdgeTheRazorsEdge Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Johnny Staccato;3934633 said:
    This pretty much sums it up. I'd also like to mention that Job for a Cowboy should spend more time roping calves and less time making music.
    So, any band that has a music style you don't like should just quit??

Just because you hate it doesn't mean they don't have fans.
  • MontresorMontresor Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Might get the Coulton since I have and enjoy his others, but the rest doesn't impress me at all.
  • SoratarSoratar Scapegoat
    edited August 2010
    That Anarbor song looks extremely fun on drums. Definitely buying that song. But nothing else.
  • Mikey35Mikey35 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Is Screamo really that popular??? Really? Ill get the Hip and the JoCo song. But what the hell is with all the screaming music? It makes me wanna scream...and not in a good way.
  • Johnny StaccatoJohnny Staccato Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    TheRazorsEdge;3935156 said:
    So, any band that has a music style you don't like should just quit??

Just because you hate it doesn't mean they don't have fans.
    OK, then, I'm sorry. Cripes dude, lighten up. I was just making an admittedly poor pun on their name. They're not really cowboys, you know...
  • powertpowert Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Mikey35;3935698 said:
    Is Screamo really that popular??? Really? Ill get the Hip and the JoCo song. But what the hell is with all the screaming music? It makes me wanna scream...and not in a good way.
    Texas in July is Metalcore, Job for a Cowboy is Death Metal, Tragically Hip is Rock, JoCo is... well JoCo, and Anarbor is pop-rock, none of which is screamo. What makes you think screamo is so popular?