Rock Band Network Songs

cfh1973cfh1973 Rising Star
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Are the songs originals or someone's interpretations? Sorry if it's a stupid question but I haven't bought anything from there yet. If they are interpretations, how do you know if they are any good since you can't sample them?

Comments

• XeMpLiFyyXeMpLiFyy Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    You can actually download a demo of the track before you buy it. Almost all of them are originals, some songs are jokes (Shoot the Zombies being my favorite), but they don't have somebody doing a cover of all of these songs, if that's what you mean.
  • blzbub74blzbub74 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    The only way the songs can be released is if they are released by the original rights holder (or a company contracted by them). So yes, they are the originals, not covers.
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    XeMpLiFyy;3935377 said:
    You can actually download a demo of the track before you buy it. Almost all of them are originals, some songs are jokes (Shoot the Zombies being my favorite), but they don't have somebody doing a cover of all of these songs, if that's what you mean.
    He could be on the PS3 where even now we don't have audio previews in RBN.

As for the OP's question; they are all the original songs by the artist. The only thing that makes RBN different from the regular DLC is that HMX has little involvement with the songs being put onto the RBN.
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    All original songs. Every song can be sampled and previewed

/thread
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2010
    If you don't have the preview option (aka PS3) take a few moments and go to Youtube :)
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited August 2010
    xXPM5KXx;3935381 said:
    All original songs. Every song can be sampled and previewed

/thread
    Unless...
    libregkd;3935380 said:
    He could be on the PS3 where even now we don't have audio previews in RBN.

As for the OP's question; they are all the original songs by the artist. The only thing that makes RBN different from the regular DLC is that HMX has little involvement with the songs being put onto the RBN.
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    But ya see Ballistic, theres this thing that has every song ever avalable to listen to before buying it on RBN.

You may have heard of it.

Its called the internet.
  • cfh1973cfh1973 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    moomandww;3935686 said:
    But ya see Ballistic, theres this thing that has every song ever avalable to listen to before buying it on RBN.

You may have heard of it.

Its called the internet.
    Yes, this is very true. But ya see, moonmandww, sometimes even Harmonix might not get the version of the song that is played on the radio or even on the released CD. SO, I was just wanting to know if there was a way to listen to the version that was used in RBN. :p

Anyway, I went ahead and bought 4 of them last night and have to say, overall, I'm pleased. It's nice to have some Seether in the game.

Thanks for the help everyone.
  • mrjsr05mrjsr05 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    what about some Bad Company by five finger death punch.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    You can preview many of the RBN songs here:

http://www.youtube.com/RBNPreview
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Still able to preview songs on the RBN here with my PS3, original 40gig model.

I've had audio previews since launch.
  • PaulTMDPaulTMD Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    cfh, it looks like there might be some confusion as to just what RBN is. RBN is songs NOT charted by HMX(though some Harmonix team members do chart songs independent of their primary duties at HMX - PR leader John Drake charts a number of songs using his band name as his studio - TheMainDrag). Bands or studios - whoever it is that owns the license to a given song, use the RBN software to chart their own songs, or more often hire somebody else to do so.

So to answer your original question, they are originals because a cover band wouldn't own the license to the song.

And along the lines of what TheOzone pointed out, many charting studios do post videos of songs after they've finished charting them, as a preview of the song and to encourage other RBN Creators to review their song for approval. As a result many of the songs are available on YouTube even before their release in the RBN store.
    edited August 2010
    hey why hasn't The Sound of Truth By As Lay Dying and Strong tower by Kutless been Available let for RBN and is Strong tower by Kutless gonna be Available soon for RBN? Yes or No?.
    edited August 2010
    TheOzone;3936973 said:
    You can preview many of the RBN songs here:

http://www.youtube.com/RBNPreview
    is Kutless gonna be Available on RBN soon?
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    wesjett08;3936987 said:
    Still able to preview songs on the RBN here with my PS3, original 40gig model.

I've had audio previews since launch.
    Well you are one of the rare few.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I've noticed :P, Wonder if it's a location thing?