Rhythm Authors - Official Thread

RhythmAuthorsRhythmAuthors Unsigned
edited April 2013 in The Rock Band Network
Feb. 4, 2011 -
Andromeda is announced for RBN2.0 featuring pro keys!

Full press release with preview video and podcast episode below:

http://www.rhythmauthors.com/news/2011/02/04/andromeda-rbn-debut-featuring-keys

------

Hey everyone, hopefully you've had the chance to check out and enjoy our work so far!

This thread is mainly here to remind you that our songs page automatically tracks all of our RBN submissions, including their status within the Playtest and Peer Review processes. If you're ever looking for updates on our stuff, that's the place to check.

Everything you want to know, including song prices, release dates, and purchase links are there. Clicking on any song will show details including a full length HD preview video of all Expert gameplay charts for 'Approved' songs with our client's permission.

Rhythm Authors Songs

It's also really easy to find our songs from the in-game Rock Band Network Store. From the Browse menu select "Author," scroll down to "R," and select "RH." All of our approved songs are there, and if you would help us out on those unrated songs we would really appreciate it!

We will bump the thread with important updates, but strongly encourage following us on Twitter and Facebook for the most up-to-date news and announcements!

Comments

• badhack0x13badhack0x13 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    *happy dance* Very excited to hear that. Thanks!
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    RA-elx;3954912 said:
    It will be returning very soon.

EDIT: Make that today (unless the orc dies, haven't seen that happen on Friday in awhile :p)
    You jinxed it now, you know that? Nord's on vacation so it's bound to happen. :p
  • CyclonusCyclonus Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Why does Unfurling a Darkened Gospel from JFAC sound so low? The drums specifically. Whenever i play that song i have to turn the volume up to like 45 from 35.

Thanks
  • JCirriJCirri Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Victory Records and Rhythm Authors are proud to announce a partnership to bring a variety of talented and influential acts to the RBN!

The first four tracks have completed authoring and are currently in playtesting in the RBN pipeline:

* Between the Buried and Me - “Obfuscation”
    * Comeback Kid - “Do Yourself A Favor”
    * Emmure - “10 Signs You Should Leave”
    * Taproot - “Fractured (Everything I Said Was True)”

Check out our full announcement and preview video here: http://www.rhythmauthors.com/news/2010/09/28/victory-records-between-the-buried-and-me-rbn
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Awesome news on "Obfuscation." Saw BTBM in the STL this year and they literally rocked my face off.

As I mentioned on Twttier, I hope this partnership w/ Victory means we get some Full Collapse-era Thursday. That would be pretty frickin' awesome.
  • cherokeesamcherokeesam Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    JCirri;4048257 said:
    Victory Records and Rhythm Authors are proud to announce a partnership to bring a variety of talented and influential acts to the RBN!

The first four tracks have completed authoring and are currently in playtesting in the RBN pipeline:

* Between the Buried and Me - “Obfuscation”
    * Comeback Kid - “Do Yourself A Favor”
    * Emmure - “10 Signs You Should Leave”
    * Taproot - “Fractured (Everything I Said Was True)”

Check out our full announcement and preview video here: http://www.rhythmauthors.com/news/2010/09/28/victory-records-between-the-buried-and-me-rbn
    wow....nice work there, RA. :)

I think Weeyoo is gonna be in metal heaven after he hears about BTBAM....;)
  • Bauer91Bauer91 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Obfuscation in RB is AMAZING news. I really hope we won't have to wait long for it to come out on PS3...
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    jasonrosenbaum;4048295 said:
    Awesome news on "Obfuscation." Saw BTBM in the STL this year and they literally rocked my face off.

As I mentioned on Twttier, I hope this partnership w/ Victory means we get some Full Collapse-era Thursday. That would be pretty frickin' awesome.
    I'm hoping for some Chase Long Beach. So very little ska out there that I actually enjoy.

Cool news on the bands. Emmure has always confused me because I listen to them and can never decide if I like them or not.
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    cherokeesam;4048301 said:
    I think Weeyoo is gonna be in metal heaven after he hears about BTBAM....;)
    You got that right :D Im so stoked right now! I just hope the chart is accurate, but it will still be fun to play it anyways.

My day has just gotten 100000 times better now! :)
  • ObsceneObscurityObsceneObscurity Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I hope that announcement will get more testers to test more of the songs you're charting. I've been waiting for Battlesoul, All Hallow's Evil, and more recently Periphery.

I'd also like to know about the status of After the Burial and Blackguard. I know it says that they're pending, but does that mean that they're still being charted, or are there any issues with anything? AtB and Blackguard are definitely among my favorite bands that have songs coming to RBN, so any info would be awesome!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2010
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Fantastic news on all counts :D
  • RA-elxRA-elx Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    ObsceneObscurity;4049349 said:
    I hope that announcement will get more testers to test more of the songs you're charting. I've been waiting for Battlesoul, All Hallow's Evil, and more recently Periphery.

I'd also like to know about the status of After the Burial and Blackguard. I know it says that they're pending, but does that mean that they're still being charted, or are there any issues with anything? AtB and Blackguard are definitely among my favorite bands that have songs coming to RBN, so any info would be awesome!
    Both Berzerker and Allegiance are just between versions right now. Both should be back in peer review this week.
    edited September 2010
    BTBAM and Emmure is such an epic announcement. I'm glad to finally see Emmure make their debut in Rock Band. Hopefully some of their stuff from the album "Felony" makes it in as well.
  • th3dude13th3dude13 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I'm so excited for BTBAM and Emmure and now PERIPHERY!?!?! GOD DAMN! I CAN'T WAIT...cause i also love Periphery =D
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    weeyoo;4048365 said:
    You got that right :D Im so stoked right now! I just hope the chart is accurate, but it will still be fun to play it anyways.

My day has just gotten 100000 times better now! :)
    HellAshes (who did the custom) did the guitar and bass charting, so if you like the custom (which I believe you've said you do), you'll probably like the guitar and bass charts. He isn't doing the drums, but they have his approval. He said that they're even harder and more fun than his chart (which scares me, actually, but hopefully it will still be passable by mortals).
    edited September 2010
    Quazifuji;4049699 said:
    HellAshes (who did the custom) did the guitar and bass charting, so if you like the custom (which I believe you've said you do), you'll probably like the guitar and bass charts. He isn't doing the drums, but they have his approval. He said that they're even harder and more fun than his chart (which scares me, actually, but hopefully it will still be passable by mortals).
    There's actually a preview video of all the songs in this link, http://www.rhythmauthors.com/news/2010/09/28/victory-records-between-the-buried-and-me-rbn

Just scroll all the way down and its right there. Obfuscation is the last song they preview. I must say, the drum chart does have some changes from HellsAshes chart, you might see the differences between the two as you watch this preview.
  • RA-elxRA-elx Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    weeyoo;4049707 said:
    There's actually a preview video of all the songs in this link, http://www.rhythmauthors.com/news/2010/09/28/victory-records-between-the-buried-and-me-rbn

Just scroll all the way down and its right there. Obfuscation is the last song they preview. I must say, the drum chart does have some changes from HellsAshes chart, you might see the differences between the two as you watch this preview.
    Yeah, this song was done completely from scratch, even though HellAshes' chart was there and could have theoretically been used as a starting point. Once you get into the separated tracks there are a lot of things that may not have been as prominent in the studio mix, as well as the possibility of using different guitar parts in the playable part.
    edited September 2010
    RA-elx;4050524 said:
    Yeah, this song was done completely from scratch, even though HellAshes' chart was there and could have theoretically been used as a starting point. Once you get into the separated tracks there are a lot of things that may not have been as prominent in the studio mix, as well as the possibility of using different guitar parts in the playable part.
    Do you mind if I state some mistakes that I see in the drum chart? I think you might realize after I point out the minor flaws in that chart that you will go back and kno what I'm talking about.
  • RA-elxRA-elx Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    weeyoo;4050573 said:
    Do you mind if I state some mistakes that I see in the drum chart? I think you might realize after I point out the minor flaws in that chart that you will go back and kno what I'm talking about.
    Sure.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Please don't chart flams in drum rolls! It's obnoxious and unrealistic. I understand the concept behind a flam and I am all for charting them for single snare hits, but they ruin any sense of realism when you (and Harmonix) chart them during rolls. How can you be hitting two drum heads at once in a drum roll that goes across your toms? You don't.
    edited September 2010
    Alright, this just may be what I'm hearing but you can correct me if I'm wrong---

(This is about the drum chart)

At around 4:00 in the preview video, that really fast red roll before that yellow+bass note, I only hear 3 fast red rolls. Its kinda hard to tell though since its fast. Also in that same section (The first "This is what we call a brain" section), I'm not sure if the bass gets continuously played or if there actually is breaks in between the other notes.

I was watching Blake Richardson's video of himself recording the song in the stuido and I'm basing some of these opinions off of that video.

Again, correct me if I'm wrong. I just figured I would pitch in my two cents since this is such a good song to have.

But other than that, from what I see in the preview this may possibly be the greatest song on Rock Band. It looks like alot of fun! :)
  • DekarTheDragoonDekarTheDragoon Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    NoThru22;4050678 said:
    Please don't chart flams in drum rolls! It's obnoxious and unrealistic. I understand the concept behind a flam and I am all for charting them for single snare hits, but they ruin any sense of realism when you (and Harmonix) chart them during rolls. How can you be hitting two drum heads at once in a drum roll that goes across your toms? You don't.
    Agreed with this x1000. And they aren't really any fun to play.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Gah!

I was hoping to see Andromeda with this batch.

Damn!

Still, I've been waiting for Obfuscation for awhile now... :)
  • XenochriaXenochria Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    weeyoo;4050573 said:
    I mean, honestly? Having the separated master tracks means that things are almost certainly going to be easier to work out mistakes than hearing the full mix, with all instruments, full speed, on an online video. I think anything wrong will have be ironed out by both the drum author from experience and having the masters available to listen to slowed down, and additionally, the QA team. It's very possible there are other mistakes in the chart, but I doubt it'd be anything you can hear in that video that wouldn't have already been picked up on.
    edited September 2010
    Xenochria;4052818 said:
    I mean, honestly? Having the separated master tracks means that things are almost certainly going to be easier to work out mistakes than hearing the full mix, with all instruments, full speed, on an online video. I think anything wrong will have be ironed out by both the drum author from experience and having the masters available to listen to slowed down, and additionally, the QA team. It's very possible there are other mistakes in the chart, but I doubt it'd be anything you can hear in that video that wouldn't have already been picked up on.
    Thats very true. I wont be upset if they dont make any changes to the chart, because it looks awesome the way it is. I was just stating what I thought was wrong, but I could be the one whos wrong in the end (which I probably am).

Your right, these authors have a way closer listen to the notes actually being played than any of us do since they have the technology to do so. Not one bit am I complaining, because I'm so stoked to finally get one of my favorite songs in the game. Its still gonna be fun as hell to play no matter what.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Xenochria;4052818 said:
    That being said, various authors still make mistakes or questionable charting decisions (I'm not saying anything about anyone in specific.) I'm sure that most authors would be happy if anyone found a correctable mistake before a track was published.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, there's no reason to discourage people from offering polite feedback. If nothing else, I think it's good to point out when the sound of the final mix doesn't seem to match up with the chart, so that the authors can investigate it further, and if it is right but deceptive, then maybe they can tweak the volume of the mix a bit to emphasize the playable part so it becomes intuitive.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Awesome that we're getting Obfuscation! Too bad we can't get Swim to the Moon, Disease, Injury, Madness or Fossil Genera... stupid 10 minute limit.

I hope you don't release them in a neutured form, that would be awuful.

EDIT; well, you know, better than never-ever releasing them, but still pretty non-cool.
  • Rawker31Rawker31 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Maybe we can get Swim To The Moon as a 2 part song