Rhythm Authors - Official Thread

Comments

  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Xenochria;4052818 said:
    I mean, honestly? Having the separated master tracks means that things are almost certainly going to be easier to work out mistakes than hearing the full mix, with all instruments, full speed, on an online video. I think anything wrong will have be ironed out by both the drum author from experience and having the masters available to listen to slowed down, and additionally, the QA team. It's very possible there are other mistakes in the chart, but I doubt it'd be anything you can hear in that video that wouldn't have already been picked up on.
    That being said, various authors still make mistakes or questionable charting decisions (I'm not saying anything about anyone in specific.) I'm sure that most authors would be happy if anyone found a correctable mistake before a track was published.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, there's no reason to discourage people from offering polite feedback. If nothing else, I think it's good to point out when the sound of the final mix doesn't seem to match up with the chart, so that the authors can investigate it further, and if it is right but deceptive, then maybe they can tweak the volume of the mix a bit to emphasize the playable part so it becomes intuitive.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Awesome that we're getting Obfuscation! Too bad we can't get Swim to the Moon, Disease, Injury, Madness or Fossil Genera... stupid 10 minute limit.

    I hope you don't release them in a neutured form, that would be awuful.

    EDIT; well, you know, better than never-ever releasing them, but still pretty non-cool.
  • Rawker31Rawker31 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Maybe we can get Swim To The Moon as a 2 part song
  • Straight EdgeStraight Edge Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    omg i see you guys have a taproot song!!! please get Poem omgg i will forever be devoted to you guys make it happen and MORE BTBAM i have faith in you guys!!
  • D_Marc2005D_Marc2005 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Is it going to be possible to chart Expert+ once the new game is released or is it only Harmonix.

    P.S.
    I've got a hell of a list I'm working on with some great untapped bands. A good percentage of which produce their own albums. If you get some free time, give it a look. RB3 (Bands Without Current DLC) Wishlist
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited October 2010
    Awesome to see Taproot getting on RBN!
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    D_Marc2005;4061667 said:
    Is it going to be possible to chart Expert+ once the new game is released or is it only Harmonix.
    Nobody's authoring Expert+ in RB3, not even Harmonix. Pro drums is just toms vs. cymbals.
  • D_Marc2005D_Marc2005 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    FairwoodStudios;4061688 said:
    Nobody's authoring Expert+ in RB3, not even Harmonix. Pro drums is just toms vs. cymbals.
    So does that mean keys & pro guitar are going to be exclusive to the songs on the game disc?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    D_Marc2005;4061718 said:
    So does that mean keys & pro guitar are going to be exclusive to the songs on the game disc?
    Nope. RBN authors will have access to pro drums and pro keys. (And normal keys.) We can't author pro guitar and bass, since those require a considerable amount of time and expertise, which just isn't feasible for RBN. (Many official RB3 DLC tracks won't even include pro guitar.)

    That's just a matter of access, authoring any pro parts is not required for RBN.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Not the biggest Country fan here, but "High Class Trailer Trash" by Shelly Rastin feat. Randy Bachman is fun on everything!

    Highly recommended :)
  • Rawker31Rawker31 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Are you guys planning to release some Born of Osiris songs once RBN 2.0 is released? They're one of my favorites from Sumerian Records, especially their first album!
  • th3dude13th3dude13 Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    Are you guys planning to release some Born of Osiris songs once RBN 2.0 is released? They're one of my favorites from Sumerian Records, especially their first album!
    Yes! I totally agree!
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Rythm Authors' home page doesnt say that Obfuscation is in Playtesting or Peer review any more...does this mean that its just waiting to be released or is it finished in playtesting and waiting to go into peer review?

    The status on the song says "pending"
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited October 2010
    It probably just finished up it's first playtesting run. They are either making adjustments or about to put it up for peer review.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    It just finished a playtest run, and there's a good chance it'll go to playtest again as is typical for RBN.

    Suffice to say testers are working to make sure it's perfect. A song this epic deserves to be as great as possible.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Xenigma;4071019 said:
    It just finished a playtest run, and there's a good chance it'll go to playtest again as is typical for RBN.

    Suffice to say testers are working to make sure it's perfect. A song this epic deserves to be as great as possible.
    Just like the playtesters worked to make sure Mordecai was perfect before it got released...
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Taproot, woohoo. I'm getting that for sure.
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2010
    Thom1234;4071041 said:
    Just like the playtesters worked to make sure Mordecai was perfect before it got released...
    Mordecai was authored by a completely different company; RockGamer, not RA. So, that's kinda irrelevant.
  • Thom1234Thom1234 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    davidshek;4071173 said:
    Mordecai was authored by a completely different company; RockGamer, not RA. So, that's kinda irrelevant.
    Playtesters =/= Authoring Comapanies.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Not to mention Mordecai is back from when people were far less experienced with the whole process. I don't think there's any reason to worry about Obfuscation's quality.

    (I still think any problems with Mordecai are greatly exaggerated, though. Love that song, and love playing it on Rock Band.)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Tracks are pending because they are updating XNA according to Fairwood.
  • weeyooweeyoo Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Rythm Authors should make a Youtube account, something like Rock Gamer does. Its a good way to let more people preview their songs and its an awesome way to advertise their songs. It would also let people know what songs they've got coming in the future, with preview videos.
  • TheDreamGhostTheDreamGhost Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Out of curiosity, any chance we can expect more bands from Sumerian records to be put on rock band by you? we already got Asking Alexandria & Periphery, any chance we may see some Born Of Osiris or The Faceless? cause that would make my rock band life complete.
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Hi Mr Rhythm Author, any new indie artists in the works?
  • davidshekdavidshek Community Playtester
    edited October 2010
    Thom1234;4071192 said:
    Playtesters =/= Authoring Comapanies.
    Playtesters aren't the ones who author the charts, so how can you hold them responsible for what you consider a badly authored song?
    weeyoo;4071278 said:
    Rythm Authors should make a Youtube account, something like Rock Gamer does. Its a good way to let more people preview their songs and its an awesome way to advertise their songs. It would also let people know what songs they've got coming in the future, with preview videos.
    RA uses videos hosted on their own website for that.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    davidshek;4073501 said:
    Playtesters aren't the ones who author the charts, so how can you hold them responsible for what you consider a badly authored song?



    RA uses videos hosted on their own website for that.
    Easy. Because playtester are supposed to pick up errors and report them. That's their purpose.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    TheDreamGhost;4071515 said:
    Out of curiosity, any chance we can expect more bands from Sumerian records to be put on rock band by you? we already got Asking Alexandria & Periphery, any chance we may see some Born Of Osiris or The Faceless? cause that would make my rock band life complete.
    Allegiance by Blackguard and Berzerker by After the Burial are both in playtesting.
  • toymachineSHtoymachineSH Headliner
    edited October 2010
    Konador;4073365 said:
    Hi Mr Rhythm Author, any new indie artists in the works?
    http://www.rhythmauthors.com/song_preview.php?id=148

    Here's one
Sign In or Register to comment.