The Touch - released today via RBN (Oct 13)

recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
edited October 2010 in Rock Band
Stan Bush just announced on his twitter "The Touch" was coming to Rock Band in a few weeks. Anyone know any more on this? Regular or RBN? If regular, will it be free like on GH?

Couldn't find any threads on this in either section.

EDIT: Song released today.

Comments

• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Sweetnessnessnessnessnessness!
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited August 2010
    LOL I didn't expect this.

I never play GHWT anymore, so I'd love to have this on Rock Band. Then I'd, you know, actually get to play the song. And in a format where vocals works properly, imagine that! :D
  • LedZeppTroyLedZeppTroy Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited August 2010
    Probably normal pre-RB3 DLC.
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Something like that would make me a happy camper. It might make me so happy that I'd have to dress like this again just to make a funny Youtube video:

Super Nerd In Action combo'd with playing that song in RB and sending it straight to Youtube.

Yeah... I'd do it.
  • rjbr2000rjbr2000 Insane
    edited August 2010
    Will it be free as well?
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2010
    Uh, post the tweet please

EDT: http://twitter.com/Stan_Bush

Hardly legitimate
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    rjbr2000;3947165 said:
    Will it be free as well?
    I wouldn't expect it to be. GH just naturally has more free songs than RB does. But anyone ready to complain about it not being free can find their way to the door. Going from not being able to play the song at all in Rock Band to being able to play the song, even if you have to pay for it, is an improvement regardless of what another platform may have gotten.
  • ammar91994ammar91994 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I read a post by an RBN author somewhere in the RBN section like last week that he was in contact with Stan Bush and he was interested (So it's coming through RBN, meaning it won't be for free :( ). I would post the link but I can't find it right now.
    edited August 2010
    ammar91994;3947180 said:
    I read a post by an RBN author somewhere in the RBN section like last week that he was in contact with Stan Bush and he was interested (So it's coming through RBN, meaning it won't be for free :( ). I would post the link but I can't find it right now.
    I love the song (and would buy it in a heart beat when/if it comes out) but that sucks if it's coming through RBN... just means terrible distracting character lip syncing. Something official DLC would remedy since it gets hands on TLC.

I always dread having a song I love to come through RBN just because it will never 'look' as good....
  • zeronautzeronaut Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    recharge138;3947139 said:
    Stan Bush just announced on his twitter "The Touch" was coming to Rock Band in a few weeks. Anyone know any more on this? Regular or RBN? If regular, will it be free like on GH?

Couldn't find any threads on this in either section.
    that's freakin' sweet!

i'm gunna go home and watch transformers: the movie. :cool:

now they just need to make it a stan bush 2 pack, and include DARE.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    If you head over to the RBN section, our very own Noble is the one collaborating on authoring the song. I guess I'm not 100% sure that Stan is talking about Noble's work, but I'm going to assume that's what he's referring to in his tweet.

Go over here to check out all the work that Noble's doing.
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Ah, thanks. Figures it was an RBN track.

Mods, move it along!

Also, second wanting Dare. Hell, I'd rather have that personally, but The Touch is the more well known.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Can somebody please get Vince DiCola on the horn?

Once RBN can support keys, specifically.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited August 2010
    This has been on my profile's Top 5 Wanted list for a long, long time. If it's not true, I'll weep.
    edited August 2010
    kiggidykev;3947271 said:
    This has been on my profile's Top 5 Wanted list for a long, long time. If it's not true, I'll weep.
    It's true, although it's coming via Noble's authoring group on RBN and not from HMX. He's done a bang-up job so far, so it should be a quality chart.
  • toyotasupramantoyotasupraman Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I would prefer it to be post-RB3 DLC (synth intro? hell yeah!)
    edited August 2010
    CrazyIvan;3947286 said:
    It's true, although it's coming via Noble's authoring group on RBN and not from HMX. He's done a bang-up job so far, so it should be a quality chart.
    I don't think Noble's group has put anything out yet.
    edited August 2010
    kiggidykev;3947293 said:
    I don't think Noble's group has put anything out yet.
    Not yet, but Noble was given the rights to... I think... two songs from Stan. The Touch and another Transformers song. His group has been working on them for a couple weeks now, from what I understand. Which means that Stan Bush's tweet is most likely referring to Noble's work.

Unless, of course, he gave the rights to Noble without knowing that HMX was also working on the song. I guess that could happen.

EDIT: Oh... you mean regarding my "bang-up job" comment. You're right. I was thinking of another authoring group. Still, Noble has been on these boards and has been active enough, that I think he understands what charts have been successful and which have bombed. In other words, I think he knows what the audience wants. Plus, he's put together a pretty darn good team. I have high hopes for their work.
    edited August 2010
    I don't know, that's a lot of assumptions. I'll wait and see what happens announcement-wise before jumping to a conclusion.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    Actually it isn't us.

Everything was going great, and then Stan backed out at the last minute.

It happens sometimes, just the way of the industry I guess.

I'm not sure if Stan is now working with HMX, but we wish him all the success with the Touch, and we're all psyched to play it as well :D
  • recharge138recharge138 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    But...what...

(I was PSYCHED for Dare for about 2 minutes there...now...)

Well, anyways Noble, we do all appreciate you guys! If Stan's going the official route (and it appears he is) hopefully we'll ALSO see Dare down the line as well, one way or another.
  • uziloveruzilover Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Hell Yeah, we need the rest of the movie Soundtrack
  • onemoreshotonemoreshot Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    uzilover;3947951 said:
    :D
  • RealMessiahRealMessiah Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    folkeye;3947192 said:
    I love the song (and would buy it in a heart beat when/if it comes out) but that sucks if it's coming through RBN... just means terrible distracting character lip syncing. Something official DLC would remedy since it gets hands on TLC.

I always dread having a song I love to come through RBN just because it will never 'look' as good....
    This always makes me wonder...which peripheral are you using where you have a lot of time to look at the animations in detail?
    edited August 2010
    Well... bummer for you, Noble, but I really look forward to The Touch. Childhood memories galore.
    edited August 2010
    RealMessiah;3948477 said:
    This always makes me wonder...which peripheral are you using where you have a lot of time to look at the animations in detail?
    I sing... a lot. OR I use RB2 as a music video with no fail mode/performance mode on too. So plenty of time between the two. It's just super noticeable. Like watching a badly dubbed movie.
  • NumskullNumskull Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    uzilover;3947951 said:
    This.

Hell, The Touch is my least favorite song on there. I want Hunger. In fact, I want it so bad I can taste it.
  • Fuelie79Fuelie79 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Wow! A song I'd actually download being released!?! Unlikely, must be RBN.
  • LongawayLongaway Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    But which version? The original, or the recent remake?

Original gets my $1.99!