Problem with We are the Nightmare

powertpowert Opening Act
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Its not really a problem, its more of a complaint, but is anyone else a little upset that they didn't chart the into of the song on guitar, bass, or drums? I still love the song, but I was just wondering if there was any reasoning behind not charting the first 25 seconds of it.

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I may be mis-remembering, because there's a few tracks where this happened. But every now and then intros will come in "baked down" to a single stem, while the rest of the song is split properly. You can't author it if it's "baked down", so those bits go un-authored. I don't know that We Are the Nightmare is a case of that, but it's a high possibility.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited August 2010
    Fairwood is correct. From the creators thread on the song:
    Also, the intro is all a single combined stem, and thus unable to be authored.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    They also say that on the most popular YouTube video of it. They animated it anyways, as I'm sure you know.
  • powertpowert Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    FairwoodStudios;3947420 said:
    I may be mis-remembering, because there's a few tracks where this happened. But every now and then intros will come in "baked down" to a single stem, while the rest of the song is split properly. You can't author it if it's "baked down", so those bits go un-authored. I don't know that We Are the Nightmare is a case of that, but it's a high possibility.
    I figured it was something like that but couldn't find an answer anywhere, so thanks. Its still a great songs, I've been hoping it would make its way to the PS3 for a while now. I'm a sucker for songs that have slow intros then get heavy real quick, so I wanted to be able to play it all.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Awww... that's really sad. It's my favourite part of the song! What they should have done is got Arsis to re-record the intro (-:
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    It's a recording, and it has precedent: see Aces High (Live) from Iron Maiden. Not like the song isn't hard enough without the intro anyway. ;)
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited August 2010
    Ah, I always wondered why that wasn't charted.

Now I know. :D
  • edited August 2010
    Xenigma;3948153 said:
    It's a recording, and it has precedent: see Aces High (Live) from Iron Maiden. Not like the song isn't hard enough without the intro anyway. ;)
    That is a case of HMX recreating the Iron Maiden concert experience, when you start playing is when Maiden starts playing, that intro is pre recorded.
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Pescaran Death Machine;3962014 said:
    That is a case of HMX recreating the Iron Maiden concert experience, when you start playing is when Maiden starts playing, that intro is pre recorded.
    Precisely what I said. I have to believe this is the exact same case here, given the sound quality of the intro is totally different.
  • TheDreamGhostTheDreamGhost Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    My problem with this song is that it's by a band I love, but I'm not spending 160MS points for a song I can't get 4 seconds into once it starts.