Now That John Lennon Is In Rock Band 3

Dragonheart1991Dragonheart1991 Road Warrior
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
So he's been confirmed apparantly. Will this mean we could see more DLC?

OH LOOKIE, ANOTHER DLC THREAD!

Comments

• mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Well I just got some "Summer of Beatles Rock Band" email from HMX so that in itself convinces me that they're not done supporting this game yet. They wouldn't be doing stuff like that if they didn't have SOME kind of plans for the game. I think once Rock Band 3 is released, sometime after that we'll hear some official news about more Beatles DLC. And I honestly wouldn't be shocked if they are at least trying to somehow patch the keyboard into the game. Not saying it will happen, but I would wager they're looking into it.

And I am pretty shocked that Yoko Ono would approve "Imagine" for Rock Band. I would have to think that is the one song she would be ultra, ultra protective of and for her to allow it in the game says something positive about her and her perception of these games.

And I love your request for Weird Al DLC. I want it big time.
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    They will make DLC for TBRB Eventually. It'll just take a really long time untill they finally release it.
  • Dozer3677Dozer3677 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    mva5580;3956416 said:
    Well I just got some "Summer of Beatles Rock Band" email from HMX so that in itself convinces me that they're not done supporting this game yet.

And I love your request for Weird Al DLC. I want it big time.
    That is good. At least they are still promoting it.

Weird Al, at least the polka mixes. Those would be really funny.
  • D-Smoov45D-Smoov45 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    MostSpartan14;3956348 said:
    hopefully we can get some George DLC soon.
    it'd be nice, that.
  • JglaubmanJglaubman Headliner
    edited August 2010
    The same person that correctly called Imagine being on the Rock Band 3 setlist also said there will be DLC by him.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Jglaubman;3957627 said:
    The same person that correctly called Imagine being on the Rock Band 3 setlist also said there will be DLC by him.
    But if you look back on that list, Imagine was the only song he/she got right. It was simply a lucky guess on their part. But the list was fake. He just made it up. So that rumor is 100% false. There still could obviously be DLC, but that old "leaked" list doesn't hint at any.
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    That fuels the DLC fire but it really doesn't mean anything
  • metalgod22metalgod22 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    John no no no it should be Beatles!!!!!!!!!!
    edited August 2010
    metalgod22;3960115 said:
    John no no no it should be Beatles!!!!!!!!!!
    Exhibit A
  • mayhem117mayhem117 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I was hoping for Got My Mind Set On You for Rock Band 3. Thought it would have been PERFECT! And maybe Band on The Run (the actual master), don't know what Ringo has done
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    We need a 6-pack of Beatles solos: 3 Georges and 3 Ringos, as well as 2 more John singles or a simpler 3-pack

And of course we still need Beatles DLC
    edited August 2010
    mayhem117;3967088 said:
    I was hoping for Got My Mind Set On You for Rock Band 3. Thought it would have been PERFECT! And maybe Band on The Run (the actual master), don't know what Ringo has done
    You mon friar, are the first person I have read on here that agrees with me on those two thoughts. Or at least shared those two thoughts! Kindred spirits!! I would LOVE TO PLAY Got My Mind......Such a FUN song! And so catchy!
  • CaptainHarlockCaptainHarlock Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    mayhem117;3967088 said:
    Photograph, Back Off Boogaloo, You're Sixteen, It Don't Come Easy, I'm The Greatest, Weight of the World.

There's a few to choose from.
  • MrMet2087MrMet2087 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I think it more so would be a sign that exportability is a possibility. Even though John Lennon's solo stuff is solo and his Beatles are Beatles, it still means Yoko doesn't care if a "Character" is singing using his voice, which a lot of people on this board seem to just S themselves over when that idea comes up. So relax people, Paul doesn't care 'cause of his songs in RB already, and obviously Lennon's estate doesn't care either.
  • sloneramonesloneramone Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Dozer3677;3956578 said:
    That is good. At least they are still promoting it.

The polkas would be awesome!!! I sing some of the songs in Rock Band that Al has parodied with Al's lyrics, like Eye of the Tiger (Theme From Rocky XIII), Give It Away (Bedrock Anthem), Lump (Gump), etc..... I think they need a stand alone Al game like the Beatles and Green Day so they could have all his different outfits that he wears for the songs. Love me some Weird Al!!!!
  • ZorbaruZorbaru Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Dozer3677;3956578 said:

weird al DLC would be fantastic, and not really hard at all. in most case all they will need to do is chart the vocals. the instruments are pretty much done (for songs of which they already have the originals for).

the keyboard would work great for the accordian parts too.

also require some weird al originals.

oh um..... give us more beatles DLC*

*mandatory beatles content
  • nickbrownsfannickbrownsfan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I think its a good thing as well that the solo stuff is making its way into rock band more and more.
    The mail thing is what actually gives me hope now. I was pretty much starting to feel that DLC for TB:RB was done.
  • mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Would kill for some Harrison DLC.
    edited August 2010
    mjlambert1;3969103 said:
    Would kill for some Harrison DLC.
    where do we start? Mwa.....MWA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!
    (maniacal laughter ensues)
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Dozer3677;3967142 said:
    You mon friar, are the first person I have read on here that agrees with me on those two thoughts. Or at least shared those two thoughts! Kindred spirits!! I would LOVE TO PLAY Got My Mind......Such a FUN song! And so catchy!
    I too would love Got My Mind Set On You. Really fun song.

And I'd say Lennon DLC is inevitable.
  • KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    CaptainHarlock;3967326 said:
    Photograph, Back Off Boogaloo, You're Sixteen, It Don't Come Easy, I'm The Greatest, Weight of the World.

There's a few to choose from.
    You don't need to talk in this size it is reserved for truly epic things like...

bacon.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    KBeatle96;3970408 said:
    bacon.
    Oh yeah. Good stuff, man.

bacon
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    JoeSaintsFan;3970517 said:
    bacon
    Oh :o ahem.....................

BACON
  • KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    edited August 2010
    KBeatle96;3970892 said:

CanadianBacon
    yum
  • Wave57Wave57 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Frankly, I don't see why such praiseis given to Weird Al. Please give me a song that he made that he didn't do a parody of that doesn't suck.If you want Weird Al's parodies. Then sing the origionals with his lyrics. It is not hard.
  • PleasePleaseMeatPleasePleaseMeat Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    The Night Santa Went Crazy.

There you go.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Wave57;3971038 said:
    Frankly, I don't see why such praiseis given to Weird Al. Please give me a song that he made that he didn't do a parody of that doesn't suck.If you want Weird Al's parodies. Then sing the origionals with his lyrics. It is not hard.
    You must not smile very much.
  • milkandcookiesmilkandcookies Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    KBeatle96;3970892 said:
    Ham
    Fix'd.