im real dissapointed!

darkversiondarkversion Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
why? well 1st of all i payed $250 for the beatles rockband limited eddition, then i go and buy the gretch beatles rockband guitar thats $350 bucks(im a big beatles fan), and guess what, my gretsch strum bar dosent work and now my bass wammy bar is mest up too! yeah im real mad, dissapointed, and well i feel cheated, my RB2 equipment still works to this day! and i am not gonna pay 60 bucks for them to fix it. i take care of my stuff and honesly this hardware is less durable i want these things to be fixed for free.hell im a big time RB supporter and i still plan to get RB3, and those are my 2 cents....or should i say my 350 bucks!...Tears*********

Comments

• TheSituationTheSituation Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Im disappointed because I bought the complete package. Rickenbacker, Hofner, Drums, Wireless Mic, and the Extra Gretsch. Then after HMX has gotten me on that they only release 3 albums of DLC. Normally for any other band that would be enough. But with the Beatles they could easily release another 3-4 full albums worth of DLC and it would sell like hotcakes.
    And its not the fact that they havent released anymore DLC that makes me mad. What makes me mad is that they wont tell us one way or the other. They could say no, we just cant justify releasing any more DLC for The Beatles: Rock Band. Apple/EMI is pissed at us because the multitracks for EVERY Beatle song in the game including the DLC is "out there" and we didnt do a good job protecting it. Out encryption scheme was a joke and now millions of Beatle fans are enjoying separated instruments for these songs. Drums, Bass, Guitars, Vocals and Extra. All separated for people to listen to. I personally thank HMX. But I can see how it makes getting more DLC from Apple/EMI a problem.
  • darkversiondarkversion Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    not only that but it takes alot of money to use the tapes to make more dlc, it cost more money to make it becouse ppl are not buying the dlc. u see i get that i do. but im still pist that my equipment dosent work. ireally want hmx to fix it and i dont wanna pay, its not fair, + i bought all TBRB DLC! man come on help a beatle and rockband fan out!
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    TheSituation;3957536 said:
    Im disappointed because I bought the complete package. Rickenbacker, Hofner, Drums, Wireless Mic, and the Extra Gretsch. Then after HMX has gotten me on that they only release 3 albums of DLC.
    That's your own fault for being disappointed. You can't blame HMX for that. You, and everyone, knew before the game came out there there would only be 3 additional albums and AYNIL as DLC. That's all HMX promised us. You still decided to buy the game knowing that would most likely be the only DLC we would be getting. So you just set yourself up for disappointment in the end and can only blame yourself.
  • TheSituationTheSituation Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    No, HMX also allowed a story to circulate about the possibility that they would do ALL the Beatles DLC based on how well the first 3 albums sold. Now I will concede that that is not a guarantee. But from what I heard, The DLC sold very well. Im sure others read that same article and bought all the dang instruments thinking that sooner or later there would be more DLC. I mean, WHY leave out songs like Strawberry Fields, Hey Jude, Penny Lane, Let it Be? They could atleast give us those. Those are some of their BIGGEST hits. But instead we got Boys, Do you want to know a secret (I dont), I wanna be your man, among other lesser Beatle tunes.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    TheSituation;3957573 said:
    No, HMX also allowed a story to circulate about the possibility that they would do ALL the Beatles DLC based on how well the first 3 albums sold. Now I will concede that that is not a guarantee. But Im sure others read that same article and bought all the dang instruments thinking that sooner or later there would be more DLC. I mean, WHY leave out songs like Strawberry Fields, Hey Jude, Penny Lane, Let it Be? They could atleast give us those. Those are some of their BIGGEST hits. But instead we got Boys, Do you want to know a secret (I dont) among other lesser Beatle tunes.
    Actually, they never said that. In fact, they said it would be a huge stretch for them to do every album and that we shouldn't expect that. Did they say there might be more? Yes. But they never promised anything beyond what we did get so you can't blame them for not delivering. It's only your fault if your disappointed because you interpreted their hope for more DLC as a guarantee, no one else's.

As for why they left out some hits, it would have been impossible to please everyone. Songs like Hey Jude and Let it Be were left off for being to piano heavy while other songs like She Loves You were left off because the masters seem to not exist anymore. Boys and Do You Want to Know a Secret were on the game so that each Beatle got a song in the first venue and to make each Beatle get as equal representation as possible. You may not like the songs but for every song you don't like, there's someone who does. HMX can't please everyone.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    You paid for a game. You got a game.

I remember back in the day you bought a game, you paid your money and that was IT.

No dlc, no anything. If it was broke, tough. No patches. You wanted more, you waited for the next game and you bought that.

Any DLC they put out after a game is released should be considered a gift.

Honestly the amount of entitlement in this thread is staggering.
    edited August 2010
    can we get back to the real problem about having my stuff fixed.im real bumed out
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2010
    My Gretsch Guitar was $100. Works fine too. Sucks about what happened to you guys though.

You could always go buy a brand new guitar and put the defective in the box and return it.

I "don't" support this.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Why do people feel personally entitled to new DLC just because they paid out the ass for expensive peripherals (which, incidentally work on other music games too, including but not limited to music games that have over 1800 songs with more coming every week)?
  • edited August 2010
    You have three choices.

1. Pay to get your stuff fixed.
    2. Learn to fix your own stuff. (My personal recommendation)
    3. Complain more.

Two of things will result in working gear.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    darkversion;3957762 said:
    can we get back to the real problem about having my stuff fixed.im real bumed out

Things break.

I've been playing these games since GH1. (and playing them A LOT)

I've purchased probably eight guitars, five drumsets and three mics. I have younger nephews and they can be a bit rough on the equipment.

At the end of the day, we're banging and strumming on plastic toys. For hundreds of hours.

It's just the nature of the equipment that it will eventually fail under constant use.
  • CaptainHarlockCaptainHarlock Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    MostSpartan14;3957619 said:
    Actually, they never said that. In fact, they said it would be a huge stretch for them to do every album and that we shouldn't expect that. Did they say there might be more? Yes. But they never promised anything beyond what we did get so you can't blame them for not delivering. It's only your fault if your disappointed because you interpreted their hope for more DLC as a guarantee, no one else's.

As for why they left out some hits, it would have been impossible to please everyone. Songs like Hey Jude and Let it Be were left off for being to piano heavy while other songs like She Loves You were left off because the masters seem to not exist anymore. Boys and Do You Want to Know a Secret were on the game so that each Beatle got a song in the first venue and to make each Beatle get as equal representation as possible. You may not like the songs but for every song you don't like, there's someone who does. HMX can't please everyone.
    That is sadly the case. Back then EMI would erase the two track masters once they were "mixed down" to a single tape. Love Me Do, P.S. I Love You, and I'll Get You suffered the same fate as well.

As for the "promise" that there would be more downloads, that's something that had no truth to it and circulated on the internet. Fans ran with it and CREATED that news. How many rumors have may their way around the internet, that many have turned into "truth"? I bet many of you are STILL waiting for that XBox360 release of Metal Gear Solid 4.

I paid the same price for the limited edition pack, and I'm not complaining.
    edited August 2010
    i fixed it! wanna know what i did? lol. i did a transplant! lol i opend it up and i had a rockband 1 guitar for wii that i dont use and disconnected wires and replaced the strum bar from the wii one to my ps3 grestch. im so happy.
  • edited August 2010
    darkversion;3959728 said:
    i fixed it! wanna know what i did? lol. i did a transplant! lol i opend it up and i had a rockband 1 guitar for wii that i dont use and disconnected wires and replaced the strum bar from the wii one to my ps3 grestch. im so happy.
    Feels good, dont it?

Nicely done.
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    darkversion;3959728 said:
    Niiiiiiiiiiccccccccceeeeeeeee