• hiimSMAPhiimSMAP Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    mason95;3960994 said:
    The Stooges aren't punk
    That's actually right.
  • seriousbussonseriousbusson Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    mason95;3960994 said:
    Yellow Submarine is the best Beatles album.

The Jonas Brothers are the greatest pop group of the last 34 years.

Kid A is just a ripoff of the Beastie Boys.

All of David Bowie's songs sound the same. All of them.

The Stooges aren't punk.

look at sig vvvv
    Best post of the thread, by far.
  • mason95mason95 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    hiimSMAP;3961003 said:
    That's actually right.
    No they're like some sort of alternative post-rock group.

in my opinion
  • Rocket2RussiaRocket2Russia Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    mason's avatar and sig and post are so perfect in so many ways
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    United Abominations is my favorite Megadeth Album.

I actually think Systematic Chaos is a great album (DT).

Chinese Democracy is among my top 10 favorite albums (GnR)

Just some I can think of right now...
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    Bleach is even more overrated of a Nirvana album than Nevermind.

Dream Theater, on balance, has been better with Jordan Rudess than with Kevin Moore.

It's a travesty that we haven't seen more bands trying to revive the various styles of 80s music.

The aesthetic of lo-fi annoys me to no end.

The current era is the greatest time for music in the entirety of human history.
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited August 2010
    Not as much as In Utero, though.
    Dream Theater, on balance, has been better with Jordan Rudess than with Kevin Moore.
    Very unpopular, heavily disagree.
  • TheRollingBonesTheRollingBones Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Nevermind is Nirvana's best album.
    edited August 2010
    Hahaha, no it's really not.
  • instantdeath999instantdeath999 Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    killer_roach;3961198 said:

Gowienczyk;3961209 said:
    Not as much as In Utero, though.

By commercial standards, by Nirvana fan standards, or by random people on message boards standards?
    killer_roach;3961198 said:

It's a travesty that we haven't seen more bands trying to revive the various styles of 80s music.

What annoys me more is when bands add a synthesizer to one of their songs, and say in interviews, "we were going for an 80's feel on that one".

As for Nirvana... I'd say In Utero is their best, with Nevermind and Bleach on the same level for entirely different reasons.
    edited August 2010
    by Nirvana fan standards
    Also In Utero is their most creative and adventurous, but it falls flat on being completely dull and mediocre. Nevermind is Nirvana almost completely removed from their noise rock/noise punk roots and is hit/miss. Bleach is their noise rock/punk prime and has their best material.
    edited August 2010
    Gowienczyk;3961218 said:
    Hahaha, no it's really not.
    People around here seem to believe that since the first three songs are played so much, they aren't good, and since the album was a huge hit, saying it was their best would be way too "mainstream" and "uncool". But that's not my thang.
  • killer_roachkiller_roach Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    Gowienczyk;3961240 said:
    Bleach is their noise rock/punk prime and has their best material.
    Precisely why it's so overrated :)
    edited August 2010
    People around here seem to believe that since the first three songs are played so much, they aren't good
    I like every song on Nevermind and you really don't know the forum members at all if you think 'cool' and 'mainstream' are factors.
  • KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I think OK Computer is overrated, and I like Early Beatles more than late Beatles.
    edited August 2010
    Gowienczyk;3961253 said:
    I like every song on Nevermind and you really don't know the forum members at all if you think 'cool' and 'mainstream' are factors.
    Not talking about you specifically. And btw, just because you read posts by a person on a video game forum doesn't mean you know them at all.
    edited August 2010
    TheRollingBones;3961258 said:
    Not talking about you specifically. And btw, just because you read posts by a person on a video game forum doesn't mean you know them at all.
    :rolleyes:
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited August 2010
    Aside from their last couple of albums before Something for Everybody, I found Q: Are We Not Men? A: We Are Devo! rather average.
    edited August 2010
    Gowienczyk;3961261 said:
    :rolleyes:
    Phew *wipes brow*. I was sure you were going to go all Gowie on me with that comment.

;)
  • Rocket2RussiaRocket2Russia Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    He eye rolled because you said not to judge people by posts after you did so.
  • DeviateRogueDeviateRogue Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    instantdeath999;3960781 said:
    I can see some merit in Nickelback, and really haven't listened to ICP enough to comment. However, I think that pretty much every band falling under the crunk core genre, particularly brokeNCYDE, are all very adept at doing everything possible horribly wrong.
    I find Family Force 5 entertaining but that's just me ;)

Also I actually enjoyed St.Anger. :eek:
    edited August 2010
    Also consider most of the reg's do talk to each other offsite; whether on instant messengers, p2p or w/e.
  • QuaszarQuaszar Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Favorite Pink Floyd cd is Animals
    Favorite Yes cd is Drama
    Led Zeppelin II is their worst cd not counting Coda....
    edited August 2010
    Fair enough, but still. I wouldn't say you 'know' anyone until you've met them for real.
  • clashcityrocker10clashcityrocker10 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Quaszar;3961281 said:
    Favorite Pink Floyd cd is Animals
    That's actually not all that unpopular.
    edited August 2010
    Gowienczyk;3961240 said:
    Also In Utero is their most creative and adventurous, but it falls flat on being completely dull and mediocre. Nevermind is Nirvana almost completely removed from their noise rock/noise punk roots and is hit/miss. Bleach is their noise rock/punk prime and has their best material.
    Just a few comments on each.

Bleach- I agree it has their best material in a song-by-song basis, but I feel like a lot of it was in imitation of their peers. Not that that's a bad thing, but I think they display the least amount of individuality on the album.

Nevermind- Slightly overproduced, though has some fantastic songs (Something in the Way, Drain You, Lithium). The faster paced songs don't work as well, like Stay Away and Territorial Pissings.

In Utero- I personally disagree about it being dull. I find "Scentless Apprentice", "Pennyroyal Tea", and "All Apologies" as exciting as anything on Bleach.
    edited August 2010
    TheRollingBones;3961285 said:
    Fair enough, but still. I wouldn't say you 'know' anyone until you've met them for real.
    This is completely incorrect, while some people mask their social ineptitude through the internet; their posts and typing is an extension of them and sometimes more honestly them (I'm a pretty reserved dude in reality for example, but I can be honest to myself and others online due to me not having that social ineptitude on the computer). You learn about peoples opinions, perspectives, viewpoints, quirks, dislikes, etc. all through posts and instant messenger. This is who somebody is, not to the extent of their quirks offsite the PC, but do not assume I don't know anyone because I talk to them on a digital box.
  • edited August 2010
    Serve The Servants is a great tune.
    edited August 2010
    I'm a lot nicer on the internet than I am in real life.
    edited August 2010
    instantdeath999;3961291 said:
    Just a few comments on each.

Bleach- I agree it has their best material in a song-by-song basis, but I feel like a lot of it was in imitation of their peers. Not that that's a bad thing, but I think they display the least amount of individuality on the album.

Nevermind- Slightly overproduced, though has some fantastic songs (Something in the Way, Drain You, Lithium). The faster paced songs don't work as well, like Stay Away and Territorial Pissings.

In Utero- I personally disagree about it being dull. I find "Scentless Apprentice", "Pennyroyal Tea", and "All Apologies" as exciting as anything on Bleach.
    I really don't find it driving, interesting, exciting. It's their most progressive-- I will not deny it, but I do not see the quality in it otherwise. Meh.

ALSO IMITATION ISNT ALWAYS BADZ

Oh yeah, Territorial Pissings rules.