Buying songs without xbox live?

rezignrezign Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hi, just wondering if its possible for me to buy RB/RB2 songs without having xbox live?

Thanks

Comments

• voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    If you are asking if you can buy songs with an Xbox Live Silver account, then yes.

You DO need to be connected to Xbox Live to download the songs.
  • rezignrezign Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I have neither xbox live silver or xbox live, that means i cant buy any songs?

You cant even buy songs on the computer and transfer them via usb?
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    rezign;3964466 said:

In order to download songs to your Xbox, you must connect your Xbox to the Internet (using an ethernet cable to connect your router directly to your Xbox) and you must have high-speed Internet. Once you do that, you will be asked to create an account on your Xbox. This is completely free. Once you enter the needed information, you can go to the marketplace on Xbox Live or run Rock Band and find the Music Store in-game. In order to purchase a song, you need to buy Microsoft Points. You can either buy these with a credit card over XBL (you'll be prompted) or you can go to a store (Wal-Mart, Gamestop, etc.) and buy a Microsoft Points card. Songs are typically 160 Microsoft points ($2) each.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    rezign;3964466 said:

No, because then you run into piracy.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    voodoo618;3964533 said:
    In order to download songs to your Xbox, you must connect your Xbox to the Internet (using an ethernet cable to connect your router directly to your Xbox) and you must have high-speed Internet.
    Alternatively, if your XBox isn't anywhere near a router but you have a wireless internet connection, you can get a wireless adapter for it, although they're horribly overpriced (usually $100). Unless you have one of the new smaller XBoxes, which I belive has built in wireless support.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    But silver is free.

You're obviously communicating with us so you have some kind of internet connection.

Connect your 360 through the computers internet connection, get your free silver subscription and go buy the songs.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3964639 said:
    No, because then you run into piracy.

it isn´t piracy per se, because he isn´t stealing the songs, what he´s saying its that he want to buy those songs and then transfer them into a usb memory (which he can´t do), but if the OP its using this forums to ask, he has access to internet, so, @ the OP, why don´t you conect your xbox to the internet and try it, its free after all.
  • edited August 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3965996 said:
    it isn´t piracy per se, because he isn´t stealing the songs, what he´s saying its that he want to buy those songs and then transfer them into a usb memory (which he can´t do), but if the OP its using this forums to ask, he has access to internet, so, @ the OP, why don´t you conect your xbox to the internet and try it, its free after all.
    The reason it is piracy is because if his friend says "Hey can I use that to put songs on my XBox" then that is piracy.
  • rezignrezign Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Thanks alot for the help everyone!

Have a good day! :)
  • dragon114dragon114 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    if you have high speed and a laptop and internet cable you can use your laptop for live. if you have dial up then you may be able to get live but it will be slow
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    JoshVanHalen87;3965996 said:
    it isn´t piracy per se, because he isn´t stealing the songs, what he´s saying its that he want to buy those songs and then transfer them into a usb memory (which he can´t do),
    I wasn't saying his situation was pirating, I was saying putting the DLC up for computer access leads to it.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Pescaran Death Machine;3966022 said:
    The reason it is piracy is because if his friend says "Hey can I use that to put songs on my XBox" then that is piracy.
    ohh, i didn´t catch that part, sorry :p
    GNFfhqwhgads;3967758 said:
    I wasn't saying his situation was pirating, I was saying putting the DLC up for computer access leads to it.
    haha, yep, i understand now :o