Become an RBN Playtester

rose_of_jerichorose_of_jericho Opening Act
edited October 2010 in The Rock Band Network
UPDATE 10/7/2010

Thanks to HMXMister_Game I have been supplied with two more XNA codes, so I am announcing two very well deserved runner-ups to the contest. They are Ryan B. and Colin L. Welcome to the playtester community guys!

Also I want to annouce that we will be doing another playtester contest in November so if you missed this one or would like to try again you will get your chance. Stay tuned!

UPDATE 10/5/2010

After receiving many really outstanding playtests the judges have turned in all of their results. Congrats to HeyRiles (Guitar) and EllipseM (Drums) for their outstanding playtests. They will each be receiving an XNA code so they can join the RBN community and beign playtesting for real.

I am trying to get a hold of another XNA code so there may be a runner-up annouced shortly. As soon as I know for sure I will update this thread.

Thanks to everyone who submitted to the contest. I wish I had more codes cause we really received some great playtests and we can definitely use the help on the creators site.

BIG thanks to all of the judges: Chil, Xenigma, FairwoodStudios, RedRockCharters, and jarr3tt88

Special Thanks to DavyinaToga for donating an XNA code as a prize

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I know you have come a across a song in RBN that you disagree with how it was charted. Well now is your chance to voice your opinion and become a playtester. Check this out:

http://rockbandaide.com/7596/rbn-playtester-contest/

Comments

• G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Yay! and so it begins :) You should make sure they read the charting guidelines also Matt. Hopefully you get a good turn out and find some qualified peeps!
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited August 2010
    I couldn't find it on RockBandAide, but what's the deadline for this? I'll try to get it in ASAP, but just wondering...
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    With regards to lack of play-testers, I'm hoping the addition of the 'rewind' feature in Audition mode will help encourage more people to help out. It certainly will help cut down the amount of time require to properly play-test a song.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2010
    Hm, I'd like to get back into testing but when I did testing I mostly looked at vocals and bass.

Oh well, good luck to others :)
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    rose_of_jericho;3965866 said:
    Hey everyone, I know you have come a across a song in RBN that you disagree with how it was charted. Well now is your chance to voice your opinion and become a playtester. Check this out:

http://rockbandaide.com/7596/rbn-playtester-contest/
    *Unless you don't live in the United States. Which is approximatly nine tenths of Earth's population.
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited August 2010
    kingtonyx;3966445 said:
    Hm, I'd like to get back into testing but when I did testing I mostly looked at vocals and bass.

Oh well, good luck to others :)
    I'm assuming you're not forced to do guitar or drums if you actually win the contest, it's just for purposes of this.

...at least, I hope this is true. I heard there's still a severe lack of vocals playtesters. But I could playtest guitar or bass too. (Drums I play, but don't feel confident enough about the nuances of the instrument to playtest.)
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited August 2010
    Nathaniel607;3966800 said:
    *Unless you don't live in the United States. Which is approximatly nine tenths of Earth's population.
    That's not entirely true. There are quite a few non-American folk that are actively involved in RBN. I don't live in the States and I've been doing playtests for months now.
  • rose_of_jerichorose_of_jericho Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    jeccaneko;3966387 said:
    I couldn't find it on RockBandAide, but what's the deadline for this? I'll try to get it in ASAP, but just wondering...
    I didn't set a time limit cause I wanted to give people plenty of time to get entries in. I plan to run the contest for at least 2 weeks, maybe more depending on the number of entires.
    jeccaneko;3966387 said:

I'm assuming you're not forced to do guitar or drums if you actually win the contest, it's just for purposes of this.
    You are correct. There is just guitar and drums for this contest, but if you become a playtester you can playtest whatever instrument(s) you want.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2010
    I may give a shot, I have done a few guitar and drum playtests before and plenty of glance over peer reviews of them.
  • CreepsCreeps Banned
    edited August 2010
    no luck after 10 tries to register on creators.com

meh
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    kiggidykev;3967663 said:
    That's not entirely true. There are quite a few non-American folk that are actively involved in RBN. I don't live in the States and I've been doing playtests for months now.
    Ermmm... HOW?

Please explain. According to this page

http://creators.rockband.com/membership_details

I need to "be at least 18 years of age and reside in the US to participate."
    edited August 2010
    Creeps;3968602 said:
    no luck after 10 tries to register on creators.com

meh
    What is the error you are getting?
    edited August 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3966064 said:
    Yay! and so it begins :) You should make sure they read the charting guidelines also Matt. Hopefully you get a good turn out and find some qualified peeps!
    Hey Alex, I wanted to thank you again for making the videos. This contesnt wouldn't be happening without them.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited August 2010
    Nathaniel607;3968831 said:
    Ermmm... HOW?

Please explain. According to this page

http://creators.rockband.com/membership_details

I need to "be at least 18 years of age and reside in the US to participate."
    Basically you have to lie, which isn't right.
    edited August 2010
    rose_of_jericho;3969207 said:
    Hey Alex, I wanted to thank you again for making the videos. This contesnt wouldn't be happening without them.
    Its no problem at all Matt! You and Rose of Jericho are awesome, and I'm glad to help out anyway I can! :D

I was going to do some playtest love for Signed with love this week, but unfortunately my xbox decided to not read discs this morning :( Going to call M$ lata and see whats up.....
  • CreepsCreeps Banned
    edited August 2010
    password not strong enough. Had one I entered with like 10 letters and 8 numbers and it still rejected it.

I realize it wants a really secure password but I need to be able to remember it lol.
  • Wilkins IIIWilkins III Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Creeps;3970893 said:
    password not strong enough. Had one I entered with like 10 letters and 8 numbers and it still rejected it.

I realize it wants a really secure password but I need to be able to remember it lol.
    I think you're required to have at least one capital letter and one symbol.
    edited August 2010
    Wilkins III;3970964 said:
    My password has neither of those ;)
  • CreepsCreeps Banned
    edited August 2010
    Wilkins III;3970964 said:
    Did all that too. Still had no luck
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I used this to generate my password, and it was up to snuff pretty fast. Yea, you're not going to remember it, but at least you'll have a strong enough one.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Creeps;3970893 said:

Write a word you can remember in leet, use ! instead of i,e-3,o-0,etc.
  • CreepsCreeps Banned
    edited August 2010
    Thanks, maybe I will try again.
    edited August 2010
    I'm surprised this doesn't have more activity :( Come on people! xD
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, the contest is going well and we have received many submissions with some top notch feedback. I wanted to let everyone know that we will stop accepting submissions on Sept. 10, 2010. This basically means you have a week to get your entry in if you have not already submitted. If you have submitted and did not receive a confirmation please contact me.

We will annouce the winners shortly after the 10th.
    edited September 2010
    Hey guys, just a reminder, today is the last day to submit to this contest. If you were waiting for the last minute, its here. Get those playtests in!
    edited October 2010
    Have the winners been announced yet?
    edited October 2010
    I will be annoucing the winners this week. The judges are on a purely volunteer basis so I have to give them time to review all of the playtests.
    edited October 2010
    After receiving many really outstanding playtests the judges have turned in all of their results. Congrats to HeyRiles (Guitar) and EllipseM (Drums) for their outstanding playtests. They will each be receiving an XNA code so they can join the RBN community and beign playtesting for real.

I am trying to get a hold of another XNA code so there may be a runner-up annouced shortly. As soon as I know for sure I will update this thread.

Thanks to everyone who submitted to the contest. I wish I had more codes cause we really received some great playtests and we can definitely use the help on the creators site.

BIG thanks to all of the judges: Chil, Xenigma, FairwoodStudios, RedRockCharters, and jarr3tt88

Special Thanks to DavyinaToga for donating an XNA code as a prize
    edited October 2010
    Sad Face.

Well, congrats to Riles and Ellipse
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Unfortunately I just discovered this thread. I have all the RBN songs and have played them all on expert drums. If and when another contest happens again I'll be happy to enter.