Premature Congratulations to Rockgamer Studios!

jmemmersonjmemmerson Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
At current count, RockGamer have released 98 songs, meaning they are two away from being the first author to release 100 onto the Network.

This is a thread to congratulate them on the great work (not to mention music) they've put into making the network a success, and hope for a lot of great material in the future.

If you wish, tell us below how many RockGamer songs you've bought in the past, or by all means sing their praises. Over all, big thanks to RockGamer (and all the other authors) who've spent their time and effort to give us the best product.

Hip hip...

Comments

• powertpowert Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I have 14 from them, but it would be more if I was on the 360, and Complexity of Light happens to be my favorite RBN song so far, so a big thanks for that. Keep the good songs coming, but more importantly get them to the PS3!!!!
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I have 46 of their songs, all of which are awesome. I am also loving the stuff in the pipeline from them. Thanks guys for working so hard to bring us tons of amazing content!
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    i hope that the number 100 be the song from Firewind :D

anyway great job guys, keep it up!!
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Love RockGamer so much, a bunch of really talented, devoted authors who are helping a lot of really great music get onto the platform. Always a joy to test on Creators, and they seem to be coming up with awesome new bands on a regular basis. Keep up the good work!
  • Thrasher9294Thrasher9294 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Glad that they did that Hold Steady track when RBN Launched. Perfect first track for me to download.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited August 2010
    RockGamer is, imho, the best authoring studio for RBN, every time i e-mail a band about RBN RockGamer is the studio i direct them to

after looking i have 74 out of 98 of their songs....their partnership with Sub Pop is probably the best thing to happen to RBN
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Congrats! :)

I love you guys. Doesn't hurt that you are committed to releasing Amberian Dawn, my favorite new band that I found thanks to being in Rock Band. ;)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Those two last tracks better be Gaslight Anthem ;)
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited August 2010
    We love you all, too! <3</font>.
  • RM-225RM-225 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    S1ckH4nds;3967696 said:
    We love you all, too! <3</font>.
    Aw, come here you. (Glomps S1ckH4nds) :D

On a serious note, I haven't bought many RBN tracks yet (still getting through the regular library) but from the YouTube videos I watch, your stuff always sounds better than anyone else.

Heck, if I was an artist, I'd go to you too.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for all the love guys :)
  • smeeguelsmeeguel Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    RM-225;3967706 said:
    Aw, come here you. (Glomps S1ckH4nds) :D
    Oh get a room you two :D

But seriously... holy s***, thanks everyone for the kind words. The RGS team has worked tirelessly for the past year, taking your feedback to heart and making sure RBN gets more of what you want to play.

The first 100 tracks sure have flown by. It feels like only a few months ago that the very first people put their faith in five Rock Band geeks who were overly excited about RBN: Harmonix, JoCo, Cetan Clawson, Gandhi, Bieler Bros. (Skindred, Soil), and a certain Finnish symphonic metal band that most of us can't seem to get enough of.

Out of the founding five, only three of us (SaikoSakura, S1ckH4nds and myself) remain -- the other two apparently had to go make real money due to things called "LIFE" and "RESPONSIBILITIES" and "DEBT" (psshhh) -- but we've also managed to pick up a heck of an All-Star team along the way. But speaking of Chris and Izzy (S1ck and Saiko), I definitely want to take a moment to tip my hat to them. Ever since I sat down with them one fateful Tuesday night at the Pourhouse to share my crazy idea of turning RBN authoring into a full-time gig, they have served as the foundation of RockGamer Studios with unflinching determination. Overworked and underpaid, they STILL go beyond the call of duty every week to keep RockGamer at the top of its game. Just to give you an example, S1ck took the initiative to set up this ridiculously detailed thread, just so you could all have a handy reference within the confines of the RB forums. Damian (formerly known as HMXDizzyBoy) rounds out the admin team. Although he came in a bit later, he has been instrumental in setting up a smooth authoring and QA pipeline. You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar.

Also a big thanks to the rest of the folks who call RockGamer their home: Amy, Brian, Cary, Dan, James, Jeff, Kev, Kyle, Lari, Leigh, Matt, Meri, Oscar, Ryan, Sara, and Wes. It's not easy keeping up with our crazy deadlines on a regular basis and produce quality output week in and week out. You truly are the best at what you do.

To all the Creators members who selflessly take time from your busy schedules to playtest and review our tracks, I wish we could reward each and every one of you for your efforts. For now, please accept our eternal gratitude and our promise that your generosity will be returned in kind.

Last but certainly not least: Thanks to YOU the player. Thank you for buying RBN tracks. Thank you for telling your friends about them. Thank you for retweeting us. Thank you for telling artists about us. Thank you for yelling at us when we screw up (yes, we like being held to high standards). Thank you for realizing our dream of helping turn RBN into a viable music platform.

So, what now?

The most important thing you can do to see the music you love in RBN is to keep supporting the platform. Whether they're self-authoring or hiring a professional author, artists and labels invest time and money negotiating deals, preparing stems for delivery, promoting, etc. If they see their investments paying off, they'll keep coming back for more, they'll tell their colleagues about their RBN success, who will in turn give it a try, and so on and so forth.

So, if you want to see more Sub Pop acts in Rock Band, go buy some Band of Horses, or Sleater-Kinney, or The Shins, and chances are you'll see more work from them in the future. Want more Century Media artists? Then pick up IWABO, or Lacuna Coil, or In This Moment. We're doing the best that we can to provide them with quality authoring and customer service, but ultimately it's your support that will make the industry take RBN seriously.

Trust us.. we're nowhere near done. We have tons of amazing music in the pipeline, ranging from developing acts to returning favorites to higher-profile artists making their Rock Band debut -- not to mention an unholy amount of metal. Many of these will hit the playtesting pipeline in the coming weeks, so stay tuned to our official channels (website, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube) for announcements. Oh, and keep your eyes peeled for some celebratory giveaways.

Now, we're off to have a big office party. Wait, what's that? We don't have an office? Aw, blurg. Maybe we should get on that.

So, who do you want to see as #100? Here's a list of candidates.

Rock on \m/-.-\m/

- Miguel

PS: If you read this wall-o-text all the way through, *Achievement Unlocked*
  • elijahbarnes65elijahbarnes65 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I just counted and realized that I have 41 of your guys songs. You've also introduced me to Fake Shark Real Zombie, Stars of Boulevard, and Amberian Dawn.
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited August 2010
    Thanks to everyone for making all the hard work feel worthwhile. It's really an honor to work with such a talented, dedicated and passionate group of people :)
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited August 2010
    smeeguel;3968692 said:
    PS: If you read this wall-o-text all the way through, *Achievement Unlocked*
    And that's why he's the boss, ladies and gents. No one can do a quality wall-o-text quite like the man here. And while he tries not to toot his own horn, the fact remains, Miguel has been the biggest driving force in RockGamer Studios from day one, from the conception through to the execution. On behalf of the rest of the team, I'd like to say thank you, Migs, for making this all happen.

And here's to the next hundred and counting!
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    smeeguel;3968692 said:

SAINT SIMON

ahem, excuse me
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    smeeguel;3968692 said:

Rock on \m/-.-\m/

Phytia, Nauthiluz, Free Spirit, Bang Camaro or Amberian Dawn would be EPIC!! :D
  • G_tarRoCK3RG_tarRoCK3R Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I just wanna post my love for Rockgamer, Izzy, Chris, and of course most of ALL Miguel! I love you guys! Congrats! :D

Now bring out some Boston! :D lol
    edited August 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3969340 said:
    I just wanna post my love for Rockgamer, Izzy, Chris, and of course most of Miguel!
    Tell me Alex, which part of me don't you love? 'Cause I'll chop it off, I swear. :D
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited August 2010
    Maybe it's the Revolution beard. :p
  • dizzyboydizzyboy Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    wow, i just got a little teary-eyed. thanks guys for your support. you're the greatest.

-d
  • milkandcookiesmilkandcookies Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Great job guys! That's like a fifth of the RBN library! :eek:

I wish I could tell you that I have a massive amount of your songs, but I only have two at the moment. :o They're both great though!
    edited August 2010
    smeeguel;3969344 said:
    Tell me Alex, which part of me don't you love? 'Cause I'll chop it off, I swear. :D
    LMAO! I edited my post :D No need to chop off body parts :p

Side note: I'm off sept 6th-10th, I might stop by the pourhouse, I miss you guys!
  • dady5000dady5000 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Just throw in an Amberian Dawn song as 99 and then Revolution by Bang Camaro at 100!
    edited August 2010
    G_tarRoCK3R;3969399 said:
    Side note: I'm off sept 6th-10th, I might stop by the pourhouse, I miss you guys!
    Uh oh... we'd better get "Revolution" in the store before then!!
    edited August 2010
    smeeguel;3969780 said:
    Uh oh... we'd better get "Revolution" in the store before then!!
    Or better yet, Out in the Streets! haha :p (Hope you working on that soon/its still going to happen!)
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited August 2010
    smeeguel;3968692 said:

The most important thing you can do to see the music you love in RBN is to keep supporting the platform. Whether they're self-authoring or hiring a professional author, artists and labels invest time and money negotiating deals, preparing stems for delivery, promoting, etc. If they see their investments paying off, they'll keep coming back for more, they'll tell their colleagues about their RBN success, who will in turn give it a try, and so on and so forth.
    I tend to buy RBN songs right away for that reason. I get behind a lot for official HMX DLC, but their DLC is more promoted and more paid attention to, so it doesn't seem to affect sales or what DLC comes out in the future as much if I don't buy it right away. It seems to matter more for little authoring groups on RBN like you guys.

The main stuff you have in the pipeline right now that I'm interested in is Bang Camaro, Inkubus Sukkubus, and Amberian Dawn. I'd love any of those as #100! :) But if it isn't one of those, that's okay. I am patient.
    edited August 2010
    jeccaneko;3969982 said:
    The main stuff you have in the pipeline right now that I'm interested in is Bang Camaro, Inkubus Sukkubus, and Amberian Dawn. I'd love any of those as #100! :) But if it isn't one of those, that's okay. I am patient.
    Subject to final approval, it appears that Lucky #100 will be "Pale Sister of Light" by Free Spirit.

This is awesome, simply because Free Spirit is the one band that keeps coming up internally in "Why isn't this artist selling better?" conversations. I think a major reason is that this Finnish group gets ZERO exposure in the U.S.. Hopefully this honor will help them pick up a new fan or two.

Two of their tracks are already in the marketplace. If you're a fan of '80s-style hard rock, you'd be doing yourself a favor by checking them out.

- "Far Away from Heaven"
    - "Until the Night"

Has anyone picked up either Free Spirit track yet? What do you guys think?
  • dman2309dman2309 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I thank you guys for bringing Sunny Day Real Estate to Rock Band and even making sure the genre was labeled emo after myself and others on this forum asked for it.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    smeeguel;3970160 said:

This is awesome, simply because Free Spirit is the one band that keeps coming up internally in "Why isn't this artist selling better?" conversations. I think a major reason is that this Finnish group gets ZERO exposure in the U.S.. Hopefully this honor will help them pick up a new fan or two.

Two of their tracks are already in the marketplace. If you're a fan of '80s-style hard rock, you'd be doing yourself a favor by checking them out.

- "Far Away from Heaven"
    - "Until the Night"

Has anyone picked up either Free Spirit track yet? What do you guys think?
    I got both and Far Away from Heaven made me buy their CD. I love them and can't wait to download Pale Sister of Light.

I really hope they get more tracks in RBN despite the disappointing sales of Until the Night (Far Away from Heaven seems to do better, but I have to say it is the better song (and more fun to play))