Faulty Hofner Bass Whammy Bar

JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Not sure if anybody else has experienced this problem, but figured I'd ask anyway.

I just bought the bundle yesterday and everything works great EXCEPT for the whammy bar on the Hofner bass. When I whammy during sustains it doesn't register at all.

Any solutions/ ideas? Thanks! Really don't want to bundle the whole thing back up and pick up a new set or ship it off and wait for a replacement.

Comments

• KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    It's not supposed to. Apple wont let the music be altered. That's why you can't whammy, the effects switch doesnt work, and drums don't have fills. It should work just fine in any other rock band game.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    KBeatle96;3967285 said:
    It's not supposed to. Apple wont let the music be altered. That's why you can't whammy, the effects switch doesnt work, and drums don't have fills. It should work just fine in any other rock band game.
    I was playing it on the Green Day game actually, and by "it won't whammy" I mean it doesn't increase my star power (or whatever its called in RB lol) on sustains which it should do still.
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, how fast do you whammy?
    edited August 2010
    KBeatle96;3967446 said:
    Hmm, how fast do you whammy?
    I tried it at multiple speeds and nothing would work. I'm not new to this and have gotten a ton of use out of lots of whammy bars which all have worked just fine. This one just seems defective right out of the box.
    edited August 2010
    Hmm, then it may be defective.
  • edited August 2010
    Hmmm, something like that happened to me today, i also bought the bundle yesterday and today suddenly the whammy bar didn't work, i restarted the game and it worked again
  • CaptainHarlockCaptainHarlock Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Jerkinator;3967492 said:
    I tried it at multiple speeds and nothing would work. I'm not new to this and have gotten a ton of use out of lots of whammy bars which all have worked just fine. This one just seems defective right out of the box.

Did you get a chance to try it on Rock Band or Rock Band 2? I have the Hofner and the whammy bar works on Rock Band 2.
    edited August 2010
    OctopussBeatle219;3970889 said:
    Hmmm, something like that happened to me today, i also bought the bundle yesterday and today suddenly the whammy bar didn't work, i restarted the game and it worked again
    Hmm.. I didn't try re-starting the game, might have to give that a shot tonight. Doesn't make sense that restarting would work, but with electronics stupid things like that seem to do the trick haha
    CaptainHarlock;3976763 said:
    Did you get a chance to try it on Rock Band or Rock Band 2? I have the Hofner and the whammy bar works on Rock Band 2.
    I was actually playing it on both Green Day RB and Rock Band 2 both that day. Not sure what the deal is!