News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• DeathSpawn11DeathSpawn11 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Are you still working with Underground Operations?

IF SO. Is it planned to have the bands from UO being charted with keys?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2010
    DeathSpawn11;4038348 said:
    Are you still working with Underground Operations?

IF SO. Is it planned to have the bands from UO being charted with keys?

Yeah we're still working with them.

We haven't started working on their songs yet, so this far into the game anything with keys we get we'll hold off on (unless the label/band insists we go forward without it) charting them so we can have the full features of RBN 2.0.

and Cloudwolf this is just the start of us working with Devin.

It's just a question on which order we'll be getting albums from him ;)
  • JTHomesliceJTHomeslice Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    2 Devin Townshend albums?! You guys are the best.

Also, I remember a while ago on twitter some of the dudes from Every Time I Die seemed pretty into getting their stuff on RBN. Is that going anywhere?
    edited September 2010
    I sent some feelers out to the ETID back in August but never heard back.

It's possible another authoring group swooped them up, but I don't know at this point.
    edited September 2010
    We'll be bringing Order of Voices "Reaching Out" to the RBN very soon. For those not familiar with the band here's a brief bio :

ORDER OF VOICES formed in 2009, with the sole aim to create some of the most ambitious music produced by a British alternative rock band in the last 10 years.

Their self titled debut album is an ambitious body of work that trades in soulful melody, mountain moving dynamics and an overall feeling of a band stretching the conventional song format into something more; something beautiful.

ORDER OF VOICES is a collective of talented, experienced musicians who between them have toured Europe and the UK extensively as well as released albums worldwide via other projects.

A lyric from the song ‘Don’t falter’ perfectly sums up the belief within the band and the determination to succeed:
    “See the change and feel it coming, don’t falter now, Brace yourself and see it coming, don’t falter now…”

Reaching Down :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JnCJC0wCftQ
  • khevenkheven Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4038075 said:
    We're proud to announce the second full length album that we'll be bringing from Devin Townsend : Addicted.

We'll begin working on this one after we're finished with Ziltiod, AND Addicted will feature all the new additions to RBN 2.0 including Keys, Pro Drums, and Vocal Harmonies.

You can listen to the Addicted album here if you're unfamiliar with it :

http://www.myspace.com/48634966/music/albums/14056438

I recommend checking out Bend it like Bender if you haven't heard it yet.
    You just made my week :) ..... times infinity.

Hope Devin can find some time to work on this. He's a very busy boy at the moment.
    edited September 2010
    kheven;4042178 said:
    You just made my week :) ..... times infinity.

Hope Devin can find some time to work on this. He's a very busy boy at the moment.

Yeah he's touring AND working on two full albums at the moment. The man is not one to take it easy :)
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited September 2010
    Why would he work on two albums at once?
  • SweethammerSweethammer Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    He's actually been working on all 4 different albums at once, but he finished the first two. Its his way of avoiding creative exhaustion; work on the mellow clean album til he gets sick of it, then go create some brutal metal, then do some party rock/metal to even it out, then hop on the prog train.
  • Lord_of_SushiLord_of_Sushi Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Sweethammer;4043123 said:
    He's actually been working on all 4 different albums at once, but he finished the first two. Its his way of avoiding creative exhaustion; work on the mellow clean album til he gets sick of it, then go create some brutal metal, then do some party rock/metal to even it out, then hop on the prog train.
    He's not talking about Devin recording his "Devin Townsend Project" albums, he's talking about Devin getting ZTO and Addicted ready for the Rock Band Network. Read the first post, which mentions him tweaking "Ziltoid".
    edited September 2010
    No I was actually talking about new albums he was working on.

Didn't realize he was working on all four at once.

And touring.

AND tweaking two older albums to get them ready for RBN.

The man is a machine :D
  • SweethammerSweethammer Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4043400 said:
    No I was actually talking about new albums he was working on.

Didn't realize he was working on all four at once.

And touring.

AND tweaking two older albums to get them ready for RBN.

The man is a machine :D
    Yep; Ki, Addicted, Deconstruction, and Ghost were all worked on at once, Ki and Addicted just happened to get finished first. Guy's nuts.
  • Rawker31Rawker31 Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    I'm not going to lie, I'm very anxious for some Protest The Hero. What's the news on them?
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Been no news on Protest the Hero. I'm anxious to find out where that is myself.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Noble you should have a link or a page that has all the confirmed songs
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited October 2010
    And yeah, not to be a butt, but I agree with Casto21's suggestion. A little cleaning up on the first post and maybe adding a section of stuff that's in playtesting or out now would be awesome!
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    @Joescorpion - The home page of thatauthoringgroup.com has announcements of all the bands we're working with, and and they're already being worked on; you could consider those confirmed. The first of those tracks, "Stereo Stereo" by IAMKINGTONY, should hit the pipeline probably within the week. On top of that, there are currently... 7(?) tracks already in playtest that we've worked on. Needless to say, TAG will be coming soon to the RBN Store!
    edited October 2010
    I only noticed ur reply after like a whole week lmao
    well thats good that tag's stuff will be up soon cuz they have some pretty good artists signed
    I am most looking forward to Gama Bomb and Protest
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Firstly, Noble had to take a step down from taking care of things around here. I won’t go into details; if he wants the world to know, he’ll post here probably. So anyway, he asked me if I’d be interested in stepping up to the plate, and I obliged. So here I am. Hi.
    Hmm, what's going on at tag? Haven't heard from noble in a while...
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    axelkothe;4082959 said:
    Hmm, what's going on at tag? Haven't heard from noble in a while...
    One of my earlier fears with the group has apparently come to pass, but fortunately it wasn't one of the fears that would've sunk TAG.

From our last conversation, Noble's taking some much-needed (and much-deserved) time off. He may be back, possibly not, but TAG is definitely gonna keep running.
    edited October 2010
    well thats pretty good i hope he gets the news feed up and running again cuz i cant wait till the songs come out
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    *Randomly looks at thread*

Oh snap Grim Reaper? Niiiiiice.
    edited October 2010
    yeah but unfortuneatly the masters were destroyed for the grim reaper songs
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Oh, I hope he gets his rest and comes back. At least back to the forums.
  • XygnusXygnus Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I think you were working on Protest the Hero, right?

How's that coming along?
    edited October 2010
    We're in current talks with UO and Protest.

Everything is going great, and we're waiting for things to get finalized on the management teams end and then we'll be moving forward.

It's a long process getting masters and approval from three or four different groups, but so far so good :)
  • JTHomesliceJTHomeslice Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    So, Anything happen with Reel Big Fish? Dan seemed pretty into it.
  • XygnusXygnus Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4085810 said:
    We're in current talks with UO and Protest.

Looooooooooove youuuuuuuuuuu
    edited October 2010
    This morning we can announce that we will be bringing the Sounds of Violence and Godhead from Onslaught's upcoming album Sounds of Violence to RBN.

More announcements to come!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Protest the hero? Awesome news to my ears. Which song you'll chart?

Anyway it's kinda sad that I'll have to wait SO much time for get any of those songs since I'm a PS3 user...