News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Oh, I hope he gets his rest and comes back. At least back to the forums.
  • XygnusXygnus Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    I think you were working on Protest the Hero, right?

How's that coming along?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited October 2010
    We're in current talks with UO and Protest.

Everything is going great, and we're waiting for things to get finalized on the management teams end and then we'll be moving forward.

It's a long process getting masters and approval from three or four different groups, but so far so good :)
  • JTHomesliceJTHomeslice Unsigned
    edited October 2010
    So, Anything happen with Reel Big Fish? Dan seemed pretty into it.
  • XygnusXygnus Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4085810 said:
    We're in current talks with UO and Protest.

Looooooooooove youuuuuuuuuuu
    edited October 2010
    This morning we can announce that we will be bringing the Sounds of Violence and Godhead from Onslaught's upcoming album Sounds of Violence to RBN.

More announcements to come!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Protest the hero? Awesome news to my ears. Which song you'll chart?

Anyway it's kinda sad that I'll have to wait SO much time for get any of those songs since I'm a PS3 user...
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    TheDescent;4113255 said:
    Protest the hero? Awesome news to my ears. Which song you'll chart?
    It's not finalized yet, but the original idea was to start with Bloodmeat (since that has been on GH) and see where the band/label wanted to go from there.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    Grim Reaper is from the 80's? Yes! More old stuff! Not only that, but it sounds very kickass! Very good job getting them.
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for the long delay between updates. Been recouping from my work overload.

Anyhoot here's the current updates.

1 - We're in the process of working on the Ziltoid album, and tweeking it to jibe with the Ziltoid attacks and takes over Rock Band that the album has now.

2 - I know it seems like we don't have anything up and in testing (outside of two songs), but in actuality we've gotten about 13 into the process at this point. However some of the clients we're working for like to keep all the promotion to themselves, so we're not allowed to talk about them at this point. However longtime followers of our news from the original threads should be able to figure out which tracks are ours (that aren't listed under the ThatAuthoringGroup label)

3 - Not to be a tease (as I really wish we could announce this now), but we're currently hammering out the details to bring one of THE most requested metal bands to Rock Band Network.

I haven't been this excited since I was a little girl :p

Hopefully I'll be able to announce something concrete early next week.

4 - Grim Reaper will be entering into the studio in early 2011 to re-record their classic tracks (such as See You in Hell), to bring them to Rock Band in 2011.

5 - For those that haven't seen it here's the WORK IN PROGRESS version of Stereo Stereo (there's been a few changes from this version, but we wanted to give you guys a sneek peek :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqViXlFHt60

6 - I've got the new pre release Nekrogoblikron album and let me tell you if you guys liked the first album you're going to love this one. We'll have more info on what tracks we'll be bringing from the new album very soon, and look for the new album, and Rock Band Network tracks in first quarter 2011 with full harmony and keyboard support.

For those of you not familair with Nekrogoblikron here's one of their earlier tracks (this is NOT one of the tracks we'll be working on initially just FYI).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB1nkyssLOQ

We'll be announcing more news and updates in the coming days so stay tuned!
  • jeccanekojeccaneko Headliner
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4175824 said:

5 - For those that haven't seen it here's the WORK IN PROGRESS version of Stereo Stereo (there's been a few changes from this version, but we wanted to give you guys a sneek peek :
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqViXlFHt60
    My feedback on this is that Tony's vocals are mixed too low. It's really hard to hear him. The guitar is overpowering. I don't know if this is something you can fix or if it's due to what he gave you.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    4 - Grim Reaper will be entering into the studio in early 2011 to re-record their classic tracks (such as See You in Hell), to bring them to Rock Band in 2011.
    http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/5/53838/1218758-rageguy_super.jpg

Not that there's anything wrong, it's just my pet peeve to see songs listed as being from a year that they aren't (though it's the only way we'll ever see those songs, I know).
    edited November 2010
    Yeah with the label recording over the original masters they either record them again, or we never get them.

And Jeccaneko we're also working on the mix for Stereo stereo so no worries :)
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Sorry for the long delay between updates. Been recouping from my work overload.

Anyhoot here's the current updates.

3 - Not to be a tease (as I really wish we could announce this now), but we're currently hammering out the details to bring one of THE most requested metal bands to Rock Band Network.

I haven't been this excited since I was a little girl :p

Hopefully I'll be able to announce something concrete early next week.

We'll be announcing more news and updates in the coming days so stay tuned!

Are you saying we are getting Dream Theater!?
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    GameMaster439;4176480 said:
    Are you saying we are getting Dream Theater!?

No, they stole Attack Attack!! from RGS. :p
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2010
    sonicnerd23;4175918 said:
    Not that there's anything wrong, it's just my pet peeve to see songs listed as being from a year that they aren't (though it's the only way we'll ever see those songs, I know).

I noticed that, in RB3, many of the rerecorded songs and greatest hits album songs are corrected when sorting by decade, and if you go to the expanded info page, they have two different release years, like 1981 (2008). A few are still obnoxiously backwards, like Power of Love is 2006 (1985) so it shows up under 2000s, but it's nice that they acknowledge both years.

I did notice that none of the RBN re-records that I have access to have this information, so Semi-Charmed Life '09 is just listed as being from 2009 for example. Hopefully RBN authors get access to this field at least in time for RBN 2.0, as overall it is a big improvement
    edited November 2010
    While I'd love to say we landed Dream Theater that is not the band we are referring to ;)

Depends on your taste in metal if you're going to be excited about this announcement, but I don't know of any metal fans that are meh on the band we are talking about.

HOPEFULLY more to be announced on this very very soon.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited November 2010
    I can only think of Metallica then.(Yeah, probably not likely, I'm not a metal head though) Unless there is some heavily requested metal band that completely went over my head.
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4176932 said:
    While I'd love to say we landed Dream Theater that is not the band we are referring to ;)

Depends on your taste in metal if you're going to be excited about this announcement, but I don't know of any metal fans that are meh on the band we are talking about.

HOPEFULLY more to be announced on this very very soon.

uuuugh Noble you tease ;) I'm very, very excited to hear what this band is.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Any news on how the Scarlet Grey track(s) are coming along?
  • GuyOneGuyOne Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Most requested metal bands? Gotta be... Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. Those are the three that instantly pop into my mind from scanning song request threads.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Sonata Arctica is already in testing (authored by another authoring group), so it's not them.
    edited November 2010
    The Frisk;4179614 said:
    Any news on how the Scarlet Grey track(s) are coming along?
    The post decided to send the stems the band sent to outer Mongolia (meaning they lost them.)

The band is currently getting a second batch together and sent out. Hopefully the mail service doesn't launch them into the sun or something.
  • SirMaueRSirMaueR Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I really hope it´s Inflames.
    edited November 2010
    GuyOne;4179620 said:
    Most requested metal bands? Gotta be... Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. Those are the three that instantly pop into my mind from scanning song request threads.

You're not thinking big enough ;)
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4179986 said:
    You're not thinking big enough ;)

Already in Rock Band or making their debut?
  • Uncharted84Uncharted84 Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Blind Guardian, Helloween or Rainbow :D
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    Uncharted84;4180154 said:
    Blind Guardian

I would be fantastically alright with this
    edited November 2010
    Catch-22;4179993 said:
    Already in Rock Band or making their debut?

We've got a second band that is interested now.

So for the one I was originally talking about already in (just no material from this era of the band as of yet).

The newer band (and talks are just starting, but so far so good), not in the game yet.

Both are pretty big bands (I'm not talking Metallica or Megadeth big), but both have pretty big followings and are pretty well known.

I'm obviously not going to give away who these bands are until everything is 100% finalized, but I'd say when and if we can announce these bands you'll discover they are probably the biggest metal bands to hit Rock Band Network yet.

No disrespect intended whatsoever to the dozens of kick ass metal bands all ready available through RBN of course.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4180374 said:
    So for the one I was originally talking about already in (just no material from this era of the band as of yet).

Faith No More confirmed *squeals like a little girl*

Only joking ;)