News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4180433 said:
    So it's someone still together but with no modern songs in the game. Judas Priest?

    He said not from this era. That doesn't mean modern that just means an era of the band not represented in the game yet.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Also, my guess in Anthrax.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    Catch-22;4180452 said:
    He said not from this era. That doesn't mean modern that just means an era of the band not represented in the game yet.
    Correct.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Pantera? I love guessing games.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Its probably Anthrax. I heard rumours that Scott Ian wanted to put some Island Records era stuff into Rock Band Network. He mentioned Armed And Dangerous and Be All End All
  • TheAnimeCowTheAnimeCow Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    joescorpion;4180659 said:
    Its probably Anthrax. I heard rumours that Scott Ian wanted to put some Island Records era stuff into Rock Band Network. He mentioned Armed And Dangerous and Be All End All
    He also mentioned I Am The Law.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Catch-22;4180452 said:
    He said not from this era. That doesn't mean modern that just means an era of the band not represented in the game yet.

    Yet, even at that, it could also mean 70's Priest.

    Also, I'm taking a swing and saying Motley Crue.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4179944 said:
    The post decided to send the stems the band sent to outer Mongolia (meaning they lost them.)

    The band is currently getting a second batch together and sent out. Hopefully the mail service doesn't launch them into the sun or something.

    Wow, that really sucks. Glad to hear they're working on another batch of them. Are you guys able to announce which song(s) of theirs will be coming to the game, or will that be announced closer to their release?


    And I'm gonna guess for the metal band, Avenged Sevenfold. I think they're highly requested, and we lack anything of theirs from pre-City of Evil.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    We actually don't know what the songs were they sent. Sometimes we don't find out what the songs are until the stems arrive.
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Joins in on the guessing game...OPETH!

    ????

    Silence will be treated as a confirmation :D
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I was going to guess Opeth, but now you say that the band is already in the game....Canibal Corpse?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    sonicnerd23;4180870 said:
    Yet, even at that, it could also mean 70's Priest.

    Also, I'm taking a swing and saying Motley Crue.
    Yeah, I'd append my guess to the Crue because I ruled them out with their more recent stuff, but Noble said it's not whoever's most recent, just a different era. We only have one Crue album and three songs from their most recent, so that leaves a lot of time in between.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4181131 said:
    Yeah, I'd append my guess to the Crue because I ruled them out with their more recent stuff, but Noble said it's not whoever's most recent, just a different era. We only have one Crue album and three songs from their most recent, so that leaves a lot of time in between.

    cough *before*
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4181131 said:
    Yeah, I'd append my guess to the Crue because I ruled them out with their more recent stuff, but Noble said it's not whoever's most recent, just a different era. We only have one Crue album and three songs from their most recent, so that leaves a lot of time in between.

    There's also the fact that they apparently have their own label, Motley Records.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited November 2010
    All That Remains.

    EDIT: I just realized that This Calling is on Fall of Ideals.

    God dammit.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2010
    I'll go with...Ministry and Cradle of Filth
  • SirMaueRSirMaueR Unsigned
    edited November 2010
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Noble, tell us your bringing some Dokken tunes for us. Please:) I remember you were talking Lynch Mob at one time.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    bjyaritz;4181891 said:
    Noble, tell us your bringing some Dokken tunes for us. Please:) I remember you were talking Lynch Mob at one time.

    Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

    IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

    But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

    Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)


    Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4182125 said:
    Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

    IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

    But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

    Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)


    Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p

    If you bring more Ratt to Rock Band, I will forever love you.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    If you could bring Extreme and W.A.S.P. into the game that would be awesome
  • uber_monkeyuber_monkey Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I absolutely love that Devin Townsend is coming to Rock Band! thank you so much! and when you next speak with him thank him from me! :D

    'Ziltoid The Omniscient' and 'Addicted!' to start with! i couldn't ask for a better way to kick off HevyDevy's take over of RB

    Can't wait for 'Ocean Machine: Biomech' i love that album! and 'Synchestra'

    Any idea if any Strapping Young Lad will be making the leap into RB territory?

    Thank you again!
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    uber_monkey;4182823 said:
    I absolutely love that Devin Townsend is coming to Rock Band! thank you so much! and when you next speak with him thank him from me! :D

    'Ziltoid The Omniscient' and 'Addicted!' to start with! i couldn't ask for a better way to kick off HevyDevy's take over of RB

    Can't wait for 'Ocean Machine: Biomech' i love that album! and 'Synchestra'

    Any idea if any Strapping Young Lad will be making the leap into RB territory?

    Thank you again!

    It got mentioned on the hevydevy forums that The New Black will come after Addicted, depending on sales of Ziltoid and Addicted of course... Apparently Devin is interested in releasing his whole catalogue.

    If Alien ever makes it way to Rock Band I will fap.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4182125 said:
    Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

    IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

    But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

    Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)


    Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p
    Well whoever it is, the news sounds like it will be big. Look forward to hearing about the band and the tracks they will be bringing.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited November 2010
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2010
    I don't have enough rock history knowledge to wager a guess as to who it might be, but I like the sound of hair metal enough that I am excited, and will definitely buy at least one song, maybe all of them, depending on the specifics I suppose
  • TwiggyTwiggy Unsigned
    edited November 2010
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I just happened in here to check and see what That Authoring Group was up to. Wow, am I glad I did. Very excited to see what announcements are made in the next couple of days. Keep it up, man!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    In case you guys hadn't heard, Harmonix has recently allowed the charting of Double Bass versions of Rock Band Network songs. The catch is that there has to be a version that has 'legacy' charting (meaning no double bass/can be done with a stock single pedal drum kit), and a double bass version.

    So you'd see something like this :
    Devin Townsend - ZTO
    Devin Townsend - ZTO (double bass)
    in the store.

    All of our songs (ThatAuthoringGroup) that we do in house will have a double bass version (we can't speak for songs we do for outside clients. I.E. if they want us to do double bass versions or not).

    How it will work is we will work on the legacy (meaning no double bass) version first. Once that makes it into the store we'll submit the double bass version.

    Just wanted to let all of you double bass pedal players out there know that songs that require double bass pedal will be getting a double bass version.

    We wanted to be up front with everyone so you don't buy the original version, then two weeks later there was suddenly a double bass version available.

    If any songs come across our desk that don't require a double bass version we'll announce it, so you don't have to wonder if there's going to be a second version down the road.

    So TLDR : All our songs will have a double bass version in addition to the legacy version.
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4187684 said:
    In case you guys hadn't heard, Harmonix has recently allowed the charting of Double Bass versions of Rock Band Network songs. The catch is that there has to be a version that has 'legacy' charting (meaning no double bass/can be done with a stock single pedal drum kit), and a double bass version.

    So you'd see something like this :
    Devin Townsend - ZTO
    Devin Townsend - ZTO (double bass)
    in the store.

    All of our songs (ThatAuthoringGroup) that we do in house will have a double bass version (we can't speak for songs we do for outside clients. I.E. if they want us to do double bass versions or not).

    How it will work is we will work on the legacy (meaning no double bass) version first. Once that makes it into the store we'll submit the double bass version.

    Just wanted to let all of you double bass pedal players out there know that songs that require double bass pedal will be getting a double bass version.

    We wanted to be up front with everyone so you don't buy the original version, then two weeks later there was suddenly a double bass version available.

    If any songs come across our desk that don't require a double bass version we'll announce it, so you don't have to wonder if there's going to be a second version down the road.

    So TLDR : All our songs will have a double bass version in addition to the legacy version.
    I Presume there'll be a double bass version of the Ziltoid album then? If I buy both versions I guess Devin will profit from both.

    Also any idea on the pricing for that album yet?
Sign In or Register to comment.