News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• SirMaueRSirMaueR Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I really hope it´s Inflames.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    GuyOne;4179620 said:
    Most requested metal bands? Gotta be... Hammerfall, Sonata Arctica and Nightwish. Those are the three that instantly pop into my mind from scanning song request threads.

You're not thinking big enough ;)
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4179986 said:
    You're not thinking big enough ;)

Already in Rock Band or making their debut?
  • Uncharted84Uncharted84 Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    Blind Guardian, Helloween or Rainbow :D
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited November 2010
    Uncharted84;4180154 said:
    Blind Guardian

I would be fantastically alright with this
    edited November 2010
    Catch-22;4179993 said:
    Already in Rock Band or making their debut?

We've got a second band that is interested now.

So for the one I was originally talking about already in (just no material from this era of the band as of yet).

The newer band (and talks are just starting, but so far so good), not in the game yet.

Both are pretty big bands (I'm not talking Metallica or Megadeth big), but both have pretty big followings and are pretty well known.

I'm obviously not going to give away who these bands are until everything is 100% finalized, but I'd say when and if we can announce these bands you'll discover they are probably the biggest metal bands to hit Rock Band Network yet.

No disrespect intended whatsoever to the dozens of kick ass metal bands all ready available through RBN of course.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4180374 said:
    So for the one I was originally talking about already in (just no material from this era of the band as of yet).

Faith No More confirmed *squeals like a little girl*

Only joking ;)
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    So it's someone still together but with no modern songs in the game. Judas Priest?
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4180433 said:
    So it's someone still together but with no modern songs in the game. Judas Priest?

He said not from this era. That doesn't mean modern that just means an era of the band not represented in the game yet.
    edited November 2010
    Also, my guess in Anthrax.
    edited November 2010
    Catch-22;4180452 said:
    He said not from this era. That doesn't mean modern that just means an era of the band not represented in the game yet.
    Correct.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Pantera? I love guessing games.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Its probably Anthrax. I heard rumours that Scott Ian wanted to put some Island Records era stuff into Rock Band Network. He mentioned Armed And Dangerous and Be All End All
  • TheAnimeCowTheAnimeCow Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    joescorpion;4180659 said:
    Its probably Anthrax. I heard rumours that Scott Ian wanted to put some Island Records era stuff into Rock Band Network. He mentioned Armed And Dangerous and Be All End All
    He also mentioned I Am The Law.
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Catch-22;4180452 said:

Yet, even at that, it could also mean 70's Priest.

Also, I'm taking a swing and saying Motley Crue.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4179944 said:
    The post decided to send the stems the band sent to outer Mongolia (meaning they lost them.)

The band is currently getting a second batch together and sent out. Hopefully the mail service doesn't launch them into the sun or something.

Wow, that really sucks. Glad to hear they're working on another batch of them. Are you guys able to announce which song(s) of theirs will be coming to the game, or will that be announced closer to their release?

And I'm gonna guess for the metal band, Avenged Sevenfold. I think they're highly requested, and we lack anything of theirs from pre-City of Evil.
    edited November 2010
    We actually don't know what the songs were they sent. Sometimes we don't find out what the songs are until the stems arrive.
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    Joins in on the guessing game...OPETH!

????

Silence will be treated as a confirmation :D
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I was going to guess Opeth, but now you say that the band is already in the game....Canibal Corpse?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    sonicnerd23;4180870 said:
    Yet, even at that, it could also mean 70's Priest.

Also, I'm taking a swing and saying Motley Crue.
    Yeah, I'd append my guess to the Crue because I ruled them out with their more recent stuff, but Noble said it's not whoever's most recent, just a different era. We only have one Crue album and three songs from their most recent, so that leaves a lot of time in between.
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4181131 said:
    Yeah, I'd append my guess to the Crue because I ruled them out with their more recent stuff, but Noble said it's not whoever's most recent, just a different era. We only have one Crue album and three songs from their most recent, so that leaves a lot of time in between.

cough *before*
    edited November 2010
    NoThru22;4181131 said:

There's also the fact that they apparently have their own label, Motley Records.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited November 2010
    All That Remains.

EDIT: I just realized that This Calling is on Fall of Ideals.

God dammit.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2010
    I'll go with...Ministry and Cradle of Filth
  • SirMaueRSirMaueR Unsigned
    edited November 2010
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Noble, tell us your bringing some Dokken tunes for us. Please:) I remember you were talking Lynch Mob at one time.
    edited November 2010
    bjyaritz;4181891 said:
    Noble, tell us your bringing some Dokken tunes for us. Please:) I remember you were talking Lynch Mob at one time.

Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)

Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4182125 said:
    Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)

Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p

If you bring more Ratt to Rock Band, I will forever love you.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    If you could bring Extreme and W.A.S.P. into the game that would be awesome
  • uber_monkeyuber_monkey Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I absolutely love that Devin Townsend is coming to Rock Band! thank you so much! and when you next speak with him thank him from me! :D

'Ziltoid The Omniscient' and 'Addicted!' to start with! i couldn't ask for a better way to kick off HevyDevy's take over of RB

Can't wait for 'Ocean Machine: Biomech' i love that album! and 'Synchestra'

Any idea if any Strapping Young Lad will be making the leap into RB territory?

Thank you again!