News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited November 2010
    I'll go with...Ministry and Cradle of Filth
  • SirMaueRSirMaueR Unsigned
    edited November 2010
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Noble, tell us your bringing some Dokken tunes for us. Please:) I remember you were talking Lynch Mob at one time.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    bjyaritz;4181891 said:
    Noble, tell us your bringing some Dokken tunes for us. Please:) I remember you were talking Lynch Mob at one time.

    Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

    IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

    But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

    Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)


    Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p
  • sonicnerd23sonicnerd23 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4182125 said:
    Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

    IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

    But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

    Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)


    Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p

    If you bring more Ratt to Rock Band, I will forever love you.
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    If you could bring Extreme and W.A.S.P. into the game that would be awesome
  • uber_monkeyuber_monkey Unsigned
    edited November 2010
    I absolutely love that Devin Townsend is coming to Rock Band! thank you so much! and when you next speak with him thank him from me! :D

    'Ziltoid The Omniscient' and 'Addicted!' to start with! i couldn't ask for a better way to kick off HevyDevy's take over of RB

    Can't wait for 'Ocean Machine: Biomech' i love that album! and 'Synchestra'

    Any idea if any Strapping Young Lad will be making the leap into RB territory?

    Thank you again!
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    uber_monkey;4182823 said:
    I absolutely love that Devin Townsend is coming to Rock Band! thank you so much! and when you next speak with him thank him from me! :D

    'Ziltoid The Omniscient' and 'Addicted!' to start with! i couldn't ask for a better way to kick off HevyDevy's take over of RB

    Can't wait for 'Ocean Machine: Biomech' i love that album! and 'Synchestra'

    Any idea if any Strapping Young Lad will be making the leap into RB territory?

    Thank you again!

    It got mentioned on the hevydevy forums that The New Black will come after Addicted, depending on sales of Ziltoid and Addicted of course... Apparently Devin is interested in releasing his whole catalogue.

    If Alien ever makes it way to Rock Band I will fap.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4182125 said:
    Can't speak specifics, but we're working on a deal (and have been since we got started) to make hair metal fans VERY VERY happy.

    IF...and I repeat IF the deal goes through, then we'll have more hair metal than is in the entire GH franchise...from the big hitters of the day.

    But nothing is set in stone yet, although it is looking very favorable.

    Believe me Hair is one of the big genres I've been chasing to get in the game. Warrant, Poison, Slaughter, Skid Row, Crue, Winger, Steelheart, White Lion, Dokken, Ratt, etc. THESE are the bands I'm gunning for (and of course is unrelated to the two bands I was speaking of above). Multiple tracks, and in some cases full albums. So not just one and done ;)


    Hopefully we can get the deal wrapped. :p
    Well whoever it is, the news sounds like it will be big. Look forward to hearing about the band and the tracks they will be bringing.
  • EvolusEvolus Unsigned
    edited November 2010
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited November 2010
    I don't have enough rock history knowledge to wager a guess as to who it might be, but I like the sound of hair metal enough that I am excited, and will definitely buy at least one song, maybe all of them, depending on the specifics I suppose
  • TwiggyTwiggy Unsigned
    edited November 2010
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    I just happened in here to check and see what That Authoring Group was up to. Wow, am I glad I did. Very excited to see what announcements are made in the next couple of days. Keep it up, man!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    In case you guys hadn't heard, Harmonix has recently allowed the charting of Double Bass versions of Rock Band Network songs. The catch is that there has to be a version that has 'legacy' charting (meaning no double bass/can be done with a stock single pedal drum kit), and a double bass version.

    So you'd see something like this :
    Devin Townsend - ZTO
    Devin Townsend - ZTO (double bass)
    in the store.

    All of our songs (ThatAuthoringGroup) that we do in house will have a double bass version (we can't speak for songs we do for outside clients. I.E. if they want us to do double bass versions or not).

    How it will work is we will work on the legacy (meaning no double bass) version first. Once that makes it into the store we'll submit the double bass version.

    Just wanted to let all of you double bass pedal players out there know that songs that require double bass pedal will be getting a double bass version.

    We wanted to be up front with everyone so you don't buy the original version, then two weeks later there was suddenly a double bass version available.

    If any songs come across our desk that don't require a double bass version we'll announce it, so you don't have to wonder if there's going to be a second version down the road.

    So TLDR : All our songs will have a double bass version in addition to the legacy version.
  • n00b09n00b09 Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4187684 said:
    In case you guys hadn't heard, Harmonix has recently allowed the charting of Double Bass versions of Rock Band Network songs. The catch is that there has to be a version that has 'legacy' charting (meaning no double bass/can be done with a stock single pedal drum kit), and a double bass version.

    So you'd see something like this :
    Devin Townsend - ZTO
    Devin Townsend - ZTO (double bass)
    in the store.

    All of our songs (ThatAuthoringGroup) that we do in house will have a double bass version (we can't speak for songs we do for outside clients. I.E. if they want us to do double bass versions or not).

    How it will work is we will work on the legacy (meaning no double bass) version first. Once that makes it into the store we'll submit the double bass version.

    Just wanted to let all of you double bass pedal players out there know that songs that require double bass pedal will be getting a double bass version.

    We wanted to be up front with everyone so you don't buy the original version, then two weeks later there was suddenly a double bass version available.

    If any songs come across our desk that don't require a double bass version we'll announce it, so you don't have to wonder if there's going to be a second version down the road.

    So TLDR : All our songs will have a double bass version in addition to the legacy version.
    I Presume there'll be a double bass version of the Ziltoid album then? If I buy both versions I guess Devin will profit from both.

    Also any idea on the pricing for that album yet?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    n00b09;4187827 said:
    I Presume there'll be a double bass version of the Ziltoid album then? If I buy both versions I guess Devin will profit from both.

    Also any idea on the pricing for that album yet?

    We can't sell full albums (or packs through RBN). We can only price them indivudally for sale. Devin is still deciding if they'll be $2, or $1, or a mixture of the two, but there are going to be 9 different tracks (some of the tracks have been combined to flow better) in total, so the least it could is $9, the most is $18,
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    Stereo Stereo is going into Peer Review!

    With a little luck you'll be able to pick up this catchy (and fun as hell if I do say so) song very very soon in the store.

    We'll let you know when it passes.

    I find a nice symmetry to the fact that an authoring group that got its start right here on this very board would release a song by a member of said board as our first in house song.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2010
    well, that answers the question I just emailed you guys about :D
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4189158 said:
    as our first in house song.
    When can we expect your first song that is not published bei tag? Or is it already out there?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited November 2010
    Wait, is my song actually up in peer review yet? I just looked at your profile on Creators and it says you have no songs up!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Are you guys working on any songs with drum solos like Stereo Stereo?
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    @Axel - Some non-TAG songs we worked on are uploading their (hopefully) final PT version within the week, and should be good soon. We're well on our way to having multiple songs up by Christmas.

    @King Tony - submissions have been a little borked over the past couple days; several songs have been updated but aren't 'in the pipeline' yet. That's why Stereo Stereo hasn't actually appeared in PR yet.

    @NoThru - Not yet, that I am aware of.

    And to everybody, take comfort in knowing that every song from TAG will be Pro Drum-enabled, and authored correctly. We're taking plenty of measures to make sure no mistakes fall through before RBN2.0 is up and running, which means you drummers will never have to worry about which TAG songs to avoid.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    Edit - Davy beat me to it ;)

    To expand on what Davy said NoThru, we've got a number of songs that are Review ready that should start hitting as soon as the clients start uploading them/and the upload isn't borked ;)
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Any vague hints to torment us for the week?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    I was hoping we'd be clear to announce at least one of the bands by now but it seems that the music industry moves at a slightly slower pace than glaciers having sex ;)

    So while I can't announce anything quite yet, and even if someone did guess correctly I can't confim, what I can let you now is that no one has guessed the two bands in particular I was talking about yet.

    So I guess that will be your hint for the time being.

    As for all the other bands guessed at, don't think we aren't actively pursuing them. It just happens that they don't have anything to do with this announcement :)
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4191903 said:
    I was hoping we'd be clear to announce at least one of the bands by now but it seems that the music industry moves at a slightly slower pace than glaciers having sex ;)

    So while I can't announce anything quite yet, and even if someone did guess correctly I can't confim, what I can let you know is that no one has guessed the two bands in particular I was talking about yet.

    So I guess that will be your hint for the time being.

    As for all the other bands guessed at, don't think we aren't actively pursuing them. It just happens that they don't have anything to do with this announcement :)

    I follow your twitter so I know you're at least trying to get Anthrax
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    Hey Noble, I was wondering if you ever gave Tesla a call. It seems that they have been willing to give up some tunes to GH ("Love Song" and "Modern Day Cowboy"). They are really great bunch of guys and awesome musicians. Recently was a fire that destroyed their recording studio. I was thinking that an approach as of right now might be good with those guys. I'm sure they would love to make a little cash and get some of their great music out to the masses. Especially to the younger generation that may not be familiar with them. They have always been one of my favorites and would love to see them bring their tunes to the RBN. Just a thought. What do you think?
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited November 2010
    bjyaritz;4193579 said:
    Tesla

    I'm with bjyaritz. Getting Tesla would be awesome.
  • Tasty80sTasty80s Unsigned
    edited November 2010
Sign In or Register to comment.