News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited November 2010
    It's been a holiday week for a lot of the record execs here in the states, so nothing new to report yet.

I'm HOPING that things will get moving this week so we can start making announcements.
    edited November 2010
    Just popped in to let you all know that the charting for the Ziltoid album is going great and tracks are going to start entering the peer review/testing phase very very soon (this week soon if all the paperwork goes through quickly enough).

ZTO is the first track that should be up and running and we've really tried to push the limits on what can be done in Rock Band.

Long story short when Ziltoid breaks into Rock Band to take over, the game doesn't react well to his shenanigans.

We'll hopefully have a preview video of ZTO up in the next 24 hours.

Either way I'll post it here as soon as it's available.

We're all long time fans of Devy's and we're trying to make his first album in Rock Band a memorable experience that NO ONE is soon to forget.

Also once the entire album is out and available Ziltoid will be issuing a challenge to all players to top the leader boards, and dethrone him as the universe's greatest guitar player.

Very unique, special, and one of a kind prizes will be involved.

Some from Devy himself...

Stay tuned, and keep it heavy!
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4194598 said:
    Concerning Tesla - They are actively on our radar and we are courting a label with some of their material. Hopefully we can wrap the deal up, and have an 80's hair metal overload in RBN in 2011.

Sounds great Noble. One thing. I know that their most recent stuff at least from music after Into The Now, they record themselves "Tesla Electric Co. Recordings" And might be easier to get. But if we get a bunch of Tesla yesterday and today that would be the BEST!
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited December 2010
    Eagerly awaiting the Onslaught (on your facebook?), Girlschool (same), Ziltoid/DTP, and the hair metal you're promising! :)
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2010
    The creators site really needs to get working, the delays on my song are starting to get annoying!
  • kmoirknekmoirkne Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    What happened to that big announcement???
    edited December 2010
    Lady Siara;4203121 said:
    Eagerly awaiting the Onslaught (on your facebook?), Girlschool (same), Ziltoid/DTP, and the hair metal you're promising! :)

We've almost got a deal sewn up (of course things can happen at the last minute), that will have enough hair metal in the game to give you a aqua net overdose ;)

Yeah Onslaught is coming (off the new album), Girlschool, Nekrogoblikron (new album), Ziltoid album, Rishloo album, Ahimsa Sunrise, Ethereal Collapse, Left Spine Down, Musica Diablo, Union Underground, Cult To follow, Raggedy Angry, and that's just what we've got now. 2011 is going to have some huge artists coming from us including the Addicted Album from Devin Townsend, a three pack of old school Grim Reaper songs, POSSIBLY the New Black by Strapping Young Lad...and if the dad blamed labels would ever finally send masters (I'm not going to announce ANYTHING until we have masters in hand at this point), we could start making announcements on them. Plus we've got 11 songs in the testing process, and another eight in production that we can't discuss until they are released.

We've already got 50 tracks in various states of testing and creation, and 2011 is looking to quadruple that...if not more (I may never sleep again).

AAAAAAND...Stereo Stereo is up in Peer Review and flying along. If all things go well it should pass in the next few days (fingers crossed!)
    edited December 2010
    kmoirkne;4203288 said:
    What happened to that big announcement???
    See my post below yours.

We've got one huge and one semi huge band wrapped up, and contracts are going out, but until I have masters in hand I'm not announcing anything.

I did that with a previous band, and even though contracts were signed, the deal still fell through. It happens, so I'm being extra cautious now.

Don't want to get anyone's hopes up and then it go splat on us.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4203446 said:
    We've almost got a deal sewn up (of course things can happen at the last minute), that will have enough hair metal in the game to give you a aqua net overdose ;)

Yeah Onslaught is coming (off the new album), Girlschool, Nekrogoblikron (new album), Ziltoid album, Rishloo album, Ahimsa Sunrise, Ethereal Collapse, Left Spine Down, Musica Diablo, Union Underground, Cult To follow, Raggedy Angry, and that's just what we've got now. 2011 is going to have some huge artists coming from us including the Addicted Album from Devin Townsend, a three pack of old school Grim Reaper songs, POSSIBLY the New Black by Strapping Young Lad...and if the dad blamed labels would ever finally send masters (I'm not going to announce ANYTHING until we have masters in hand at this point), we could start making announcements on them. Plus we've got 11 songs in the testing process, and another eight in production that we can't discuss until they are released.

We've already got 50 tracks in various states of testing and creation, and 2011 is looking to quadruple that...if not more (I may never sleep again).

AAAAAAND...Stereo Stereo is up in Peer Review and flying along. If all things go well it should pass in the next few days (fingers crossed!)

You good sir win the RBN cock tease of the month award. Please select your prize.
    edited December 2010
    Catch-22;4203483 said:
    You good sir win the RBN cock tease of the month award. Please select your prize.
    Is it a cock?

Did I win more to tease? :p
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4203487 said:
    Is it a cock?

Did I win more to tease? :p

No but if you want I can playtest or peer review one of your songs. Also, are you guys still hiring?
    edited December 2010
    Yes we are. We're always on the lookout for new blood. As the songs keep rolling in, we're going to need as many hands on deck to handle them as possible. Drop me an email at [EMAIL="nlarimer@gmail.com"]nlarimer@gmail.com[/EMAIL] if you want details.
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4203498 said:
    Yes we are. We're always on the lookout for new blood. As the songs keep rolling in, we're going to need as many hands on deck to handle them as possible. Drop me an email at [EMAIL="nlarimer@gmail.com"]nlarimer@gmail.com[/EMAIL] if you want details.

email sent.
  • ObsceneObscurityObsceneObscurity Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    A deal fell through? Oh God please tell me it wasn't Protest the Hero. If it is I just... I mean...

no
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2010
    what profile is "Stereo Stereo" under? I don't see it under the TAG profile on the Creators site
    edited December 2010
    kingtonyx;4203539 said:
    what profile is "Stereo Stereo" under? I don't see it under the TAG profile on the Creators site

It's not my place to say but it looks like it might have been removed.
  • PastadudePastadude Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    " POSSIBLY the New Black by Strapping Young Lad..."

City please? Maybe just a single for Skeksis? C'mon Dev, don't deprive the true SYL fans of your excellence AGAIN. My heart broke when they broke up, but this is just so achingly close to awesomeness it hurts. They are hands down my favorite band ever, it saddens me to realize they won't do anything else. At least, with the SYL moniker.

Fingers crossed for Dev to work with either Gene, Jed or Byron again. Maybe all four.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4203446 said:
    a three pack of old school Grim Reaper songs

I know myself and 3 friends of mine await the day these arrive.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Pastadude;4203573 said:
    " POSSIBLY the New Black by Strapping Young Lad..."

City please?

City is an unstoppable monolith of death. Such a great album. I like Heavy as a Really Heavy Thing too.
    edited December 2010
    ObsceneObscurity;4203515 said:
    A deal fell through? Oh God please tell me it wasn't Protest the Hero. If it is I just... I mean...

no

So far the deal with Protest is still ongoing. The label is just dragging their feet over a few issues regarding cost of getting started, but no it wasn't Protest I was talking about.
  • ZosoBaronZosoBaron Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Girlschool and Grim Reaper are very nice.
    edited December 2010
    Catch-22;4203547 said:
    It's not my place to say but it looks like it might have been removed.

Looks like when the system was freaking out on uploading, the guitar chart got knocked out of whack a fraction of a second.New version is uploading and hopefully the system behaves long enough to get this through.
  • TerminXTerminX Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Can you possibly tell us who the deal that fell through was? Or is that not allowed?

Also, what happened to the video preview of ZTO that was supposed to be up by now? I'm looking forward to it :c
    edited December 2010
    Sorry just now saw this.

It was for Stan Bush's the Touch and a few of his other songs. We had contracts sent out and were almost ready to go and he changed his mind at the last instant. Not a big deal, as it happens all the time. I'm just glad he's getting his music into RB even if it isn't through us.

As for the video's our video editor is currently snowed under with mid terms at college so he hasn't been able to get to the videos quite yet.

Worst case scenario I'll be picking up some video editing equipment on the 7th, and the video's should go up not long after that. However he might have them almost done and they could be up before then ;)
  • TerminXTerminX Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Noted. Thanks for the response :D
  • kmoirknekmoirkne Unsigned
    edited December 2010
    Can you list what 80's bands you're working with yet?
    edited December 2010
    Outside of Grim Reaper we can't.Even though the deal is almost done, until it is done, I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.
  • SmellMyFingerSmellMyFinger Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    How is Rishloo coming along?
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    I can't wait for some Protest The Hero! Hopefully we get Bloodmeat, Sequoia Throne, and Wretch.
    edited December 2010
    SmellMyFinger;4211800 said:
    How is Rishloo coming along?

We've got multiple rishloo tracks that are about to enter testing.

And multiple Ziltoid tracks, and so on. (and some we can't talk about yet)

We're going to be flooding RBN's testing site during the month of December.

I'm picking up a digital video recorder tomorrow (online) and once it gets here I'll be able to post some work in progress videos on my end (our video guy is neck deep in college work right now).

So if I don't manage to blow myself up hooking it up, you should start seeing multiple (WORK IN PROGRESS) videos going up by the end of the week/weekend.