News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Small suggestion- turn drum fills off when making videos, it helps drummers evaluate the track. But still, it looks good, came a long way.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited December 2010
    Thanks Fairwood.

Yeah that was a dumb oversite on my part.

I'll make sure future videos are fill free ;)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4218200 said:
    Thanks Fairwood.

Yeah that was a dumb oversite on my part.

I'll make sure future videos are fill free ;)

Hey, at least now I know Stereo Stereo has the right fill rate. So if I have to do the last review that's one less thing to check. :)
    edited December 2010
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    You should turn off drum fills for RBN previews. A lot of people don't even have fills turned on in RB3!
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4218167 said:
    Did you like the spazz out more than the garbage vox?

I actually liked the spazzing out quite a lot, but really, I liked the garbage vox, too.

I think that if you combined the two, you'd have something pretty sweet, but that's just me.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4218196 said:
    That was Devin's call. He had the melodic stuff baked into the baking tracks so we couldn't do anything with it charting wise.
    I see, that's still a shame though. :(
    The random vocal lines is our way of trying to 'break' rock band. Ziltoid has hacked into the game, so since we couldn't physically show a Ziltoid character we had to make his effects known in other ways. Like the animation/character spazzing, and the vocal chart spewing out random 'garbage vox'

Think of it like interference when one station breaks into another one on a radio.

But we all agree that the garbage vox was too much in the second build, so it's being parsed down to just one or two random lines.
    To be honest I would rather there weren't any charted. I'd say the venue and animation freakout is enough without impacting the actual gameplay.
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4217976 said:
    This is our second run at ZTO. The most notable change is the venue, lighting, and camera cuts have been really toned down. The second change is the introduction of the 'garbage vox'. Meaning that Ziltoid has hacked into the Vocal chart and is forcing the player to say all kinds of zany phrases to appease him. Of course the effect of him doing so sometimes spits out gibberish phrases the players has to 'sing' as well.

I think this was a ridiculously fantastic idea, and I'd enjoy it even more if there were notes charted for the other instruments even though they aren't playing. I watched the second version first and loved it; I watched the first version second and liked it a lot less. I really hope the "garbage" vox are kept for the third version.
    Oscarvarium;4218191 said:
    Personally, I'm rather disappointed that the great melodic vocals at 0:33 or so aren't charted.
    That was Devin's call. He had the melodic stuff baked into the baking tracks so we couldn't do anything with it charting wise.

That's a damn shame.
    edited December 2010
    The 'garbage' vox will indeed stick around, just not quite as much of it so it doesn't seem so cluttered and busy.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited December 2010
    I'm not sure how much of a pain in the butt it is to make the videos, but any chance I could get a finished Stereo Stereo video without the fills on? The silences are kind of annoying.
    edited December 2010
    No worries Tony. I'll get one made up tonight!
  • SwivleSwivle Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    I loved the crazy camera effects, but I thought the 'garbage vox' were kind of dumb.
  • KaneRobotKaneRobot Opening Act
    edited December 2010
    Laughed at the backwards Planet Smasher lyrics in ZTO. Can't wait. Yeah, tone down the garbage vocals a bit, but frankly I prefer the camera going as bat**** crazy as possible.

"Make it perfect!"
    edited December 2010
    So from everyone's reaction so far I'm getting "Make the venue/camera as crazy as possible (like in the first version), and add garbage vox, but tone it down."

Is this assumption correct?

We want to make this as fun as possible for you guys :)
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4219743 said:
    So from everyone's reaction so far I'm getting "Make the venue/camera as crazy as possible (like in the first version), and add garbage vox, but tone it down."

Is this assumption correct?

We want to make this as fun as possible for you guys :)

Yeah, that's about how I feel, not sure about everyone else though.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2010
    I feel like the garbage vox thing will only confuse people, unless the Ziltoid voiceover specifically references it before it happens (something like "I even control you!") But that's just my thought. I also think it'd be nice if the garbage lines were timed such that they function as "callbacks" responding to Ziltoid's lines and/or to the uncharted chorus.

I like the venue spazzing as well.
    edited December 2010
    The Panic Range by Ken Kardashian.
    This is our first run at this song so as usual things can and will change in future iterations.
    Just wanted to give everyone a sneak peek!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBEtZbKznY4
    edited December 2010
    Stereo Stereo is up on error420!

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000675-0000-4000-8000-000045410869

It should hit the store in the next update. IF you don't want to wait I can guarantee that this is the final version of the song.

We don't plan on putting up another version, and HMX has already sent the 'you're approved' email for the song.

Hooray! Our first song is up. :D
    edited December 2010
    Here's a 'music video' of Stereo Stereo by I Am King Tony available for purchase in Rock Band 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlUWP6EKD0
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4221657 said:
    Here's a 'music video' of Stereo Stereo by I Am King Tony available for purchase in Rock Band 3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jlUWP6EKD0

Anyway you can get this on the Wii as soon as possible? Pwease?
  • b70x7nb70x7n Rising Star
    edited December 2010
    Any updates on the hair metal front? :D
    edited December 2010
    edited December 2010
    Gamemaster we're going to try to get as many of our songs onto other consoles as possible.

I'm not sure how we're going to do that, but it probably involves cake and beer in HMX mailbox :)

B70x7n - being the holidays we're not getting a lot of movement on anything label wise.

I don't know if the music industry just takes November 20th-january 2nd off or what, but things have slowed to a crawl on all fronts.
    edited December 2010
    The worst part is that I only have 60msp in my account right now and might have to wait until Christmas to get more :(
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    kingtonyx;4221964 said:
    The worst part is that I only have 60msp in my account right now and might have to wait until Christmas to get more :(

That sucks that you can't even buy your own song right now, If I could I would give you 20 MSP
    edited December 2010
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4221975 said:
    That sucks that you can't even buy your own song right now, If I could I would give you 20 MSP

I know right!?

• LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited December 2010
    Have you signed up for xbox live rewards? I think you can get 20 msp for doing a survey. Granted I have no idea if you'd actually get the points any earlier than Christmas, since stuff like this is never instant.
    edited December 2010
    LuigiHann;4222033 said:
    Have you signed up for xbox live rewards? I think you can get 20 msp for doing a survey. Granted I have no idea if you'd actually get the points any earlier than Christmas, since stuff like this is never instant.

yeah I signed up :) they said I would get an email when I could access my account
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited December 2010
    Noble, any new developments on the Hair Metal deal? I seen your comment in another thread and you said something around the lines of "wait until you see what's in store for 2011". Metal perhaps:)
    edited December 2010
    Nothing new unfortunately.

Since the holidays everything has pretty much ground to a halt with the labels (they must just take entire month off ;) ).

We do have some amazing stuff that's pretty much signed, but again until I get stems in hand I'm not going to announce it.

As for 2011. Metal, Hair metal, country, pop, punk, you name it. We're going to have it.

Both new up and coming bands, and giants of the music industry.