News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited August 2010
    Flawless;3971836 said:
    It was all professional until the KingTony thingy, ew.
    That's kinda my bad! I literally just started so I don't have a bio or anything.

I'm working on something :)
  • FlawlessFlawless First Poster
    edited August 2010
    It's nothing against you at all... just saying the rest was all professional I guess bios and then a fairly lazy interview. Killed the flow.

More of Noble's fault than yours.

(I hope some of your stuff comes to PSN.)
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited August 2010
    Do you know when your first track will be dropping roughly? :D
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    Lady Siara;3977187 said:
    Do you know when your first track will be dropping roughly? :D

We're working on our first batch of four now.

If everything goes well they should get into testing some time next week.

We're trying to make sure everything is as good as it can be before we submit them for testing (meaning lots of internal testing). That way once they get into testing and we've done our jobs properly, it shouldn't be too long after that for them to hit the store.

So hopefully soon :)
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    noble;3977193 said:
    We're working on our first batch of four now.

If everything goes well they should get into testing some time next week.

We're trying to make sure everything is as good as it can be before we submit them for testing (meaning lots of internal testing). That way once they get into testing and we've done our jobs properly, it shouldn't be too long after that for them to hit the store.

So hopefully soon :)
    Any word on what the first batch conists of? :D
    edited August 2010
    xXPM5KXx;3977663 said:
    Any word on what the first batch conists of? :D

Some of them we can't talk about at this juncture. The band(s) want to handle all the promotional stuff on their end.

Kind of a moot point when it goes into testing and people start posting about it, but I digress ;)

We're also about to start working on I AM KING TONY's track Stereo Stereo, we're expecting the grim reaper/grimmstine stuff any day now, and Scarlet Grey is sending their stuff over later today as well.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited August 2010
    Flawless;3972919 said:
    It's nothing against you at all... just saying the rest was all professional I guess bios and then a fairly lazy interview. Killed the flow.

More of Noble's fault than yours.

(I hope some of your stuff comes to PSN.)
    At first I was gonna say that was kind of harsh, but yeah, that interview should probably be posted in a separate spot and then just include a link to it in this thread. It does throw off the flow.
  • xKroth570xxKroth570x Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    So to all the people that checked out Ethereal Collapse when I posted in here, I've been in contact with the guys from the charting co. and we're going to be working on getting the whole Categories EP on the RBN, and also thank you to the person who went and downloaded the EP after the post =P

If anyone else is interested in downloading the Ep OR our full length Breaching The Citadel, head on over to our reverb nation store at http://www.reverbnation.com/store/index/artist_674710 and click the Music tab below the featured items.

Thanks everyone!
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Hey noble when do you think the first raven songs will be available?
  • joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I meant Grim Reaper songs lmao
    edited September 2010
    joescorpion;3992509 said:
    I meant Grim Reaper songs lmao

Hopefully soon :)

I don't want to nail down a date and then unforseen shenanigans pop up to cause delays ;)

Also we've got a new Facebook page up and running again.

You can check it out here :

http://www.facebook.com/pages/That-Authoring-Group/150911748269887
    edited September 2010
    ThunderCurls;3993826 said:
    Doesn't work.

Really?

I just clicked the link and it took me right to the page.
  • ThunderCurlsThunderCurls Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    It just takes me to http://www.facebook.com/home.php

I can't even find it in the search...
  • kiggidykevkiggidykev Thinks about pandas
    edited September 2010
    I'm having the same problem as ThunderCurls.
  • xXPM5KXxxXPM5KXx Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Me too. Just brings to home page
    edited September 2010
    works for me

noble, http://www.facebook.com/username

you need 25 fans first though
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure why this isn't working for you guys. I click the link and it takes me right to the page. I search for it and it pops right up in the search window.

I'll do some digging on facebook and see if I can find a cause.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited September 2010
    Works fine for me. ._.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Works fine for me.

Are you guys logged in?
    edited September 2010
    Just heard back from Steve with some terrible news regarding Grim Reaper.

He went to get the masters of the old Grim Reaper tracks from the label only to discover that the label HAD RECORDED OVER THEM.

Yes, the Grim Reaper masters are lost forever.

The good news is that Steve is in the studio now recording new versions of the songs for us to use, but what kind of MORON records over master tracks?

Gah.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    noble;3995551 said:

He went to get the masters of the old Grim Reaper tracks from the label only to discover that the label HAD RECORDED OVER THEM.

The good news is that Steve is in the studio now recording new versions of the songs for us to use, but what kind of MORON records over master tracks?

Gah.
    I think this is one of the few cases where we can legitimately say that the record label is destroying music. Up until now we've just been saying that figuratively.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    noble;3995551 said:

Gah.
    Hahaha! This is tragic but also absolutely hilarious... that's the kind of ******ed thing you'd expect to see in some daft sitcom or Mr. Bean, lol.
  • LightningBoltLightningBolt Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I was looking forward to those songs. Hope the re-records are as good!

And yeah, there's a nice balance of humor and sadness to that story.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    noble;3995551 said:

Gah.
    Well judging from what I've heard these days from him this isn't the worst thing in the world. He can still sing really well.

The label recording over them doesn't surprise me. Metal labels are the worst, especially when they did business in the 80s.

On a side note, a couple years back, Earache Records (Carcass, Entombed, Bolt Thrower, 1000s of other bands) sold the masters for one of the early Morbid Angel albums (Blessed are the Sick) on ebay: link. So yeah, labels really do terrible things with masters.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Hey noble, any updates on Protest? I believe you mentioned "Bloodmeat" as a definite at one point.

(Sorry if this isn't the time and place.)
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I don't believe there has been any news on Protest the Hero since the initial announcement.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Xenigma;4004847 said:
    I don't believe there has been any news on Protest the Hero since the initial announcement.
    Thanks.
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Protest was announced though?!?! My dreams of playing Blindfolds Aside may materialize!?!???????????????????????????

YES!
    edited September 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;4005764 said:
    Protest was announced though?!?! My dreams of playing Blindfolds Aside may materialize!?!???????????????????????????

YES!
    it's possible but for now I think we are looking at 2 songs from Fortress, then some (if not all of the) songs from their new album coming next year