News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2010
    I'm not sure why this isn't working for you guys. I click the link and it takes me right to the page. I search for it and it pops right up in the search window.

I'll do some digging on facebook and see if I can find a cause.
  • Lady SiaraLady Siara Metal Maiden
    edited September 2010
    Works fine for me. ._.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Works fine for me.

Are you guys logged in?
    edited September 2010
    Just heard back from Steve with some terrible news regarding Grim Reaper.

He went to get the masters of the old Grim Reaper tracks from the label only to discover that the label HAD RECORDED OVER THEM.

Yes, the Grim Reaper masters are lost forever.

The good news is that Steve is in the studio now recording new versions of the songs for us to use, but what kind of MORON records over master tracks?

Gah.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    noble;3995551 said:

He went to get the masters of the old Grim Reaper tracks from the label only to discover that the label HAD RECORDED OVER THEM.

The good news is that Steve is in the studio now recording new versions of the songs for us to use, but what kind of MORON records over master tracks?

Gah.
    I think this is one of the few cases where we can legitimately say that the record label is destroying music. Up until now we've just been saying that figuratively.
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    noble;3995551 said:

Gah.
    Hahaha! This is tragic but also absolutely hilarious... that's the kind of ******ed thing you'd expect to see in some daft sitcom or Mr. Bean, lol.
  • LightningBoltLightningBolt Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I was looking forward to those songs. Hope the re-records are as good!

And yeah, there's a nice balance of humor and sadness to that story.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    noble;3995551 said:

Gah.
    Well judging from what I've heard these days from him this isn't the worst thing in the world. He can still sing really well.

The label recording over them doesn't surprise me. Metal labels are the worst, especially when they did business in the 80s.

On a side note, a couple years back, Earache Records (Carcass, Entombed, Bolt Thrower, 1000s of other bands) sold the masters for one of the early Morbid Angel albums (Blessed are the Sick) on ebay: link. So yeah, labels really do terrible things with masters.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Hey noble, any updates on Protest? I believe you mentioned "Bloodmeat" as a definite at one point.

(Sorry if this isn't the time and place.)
  • XenigmaXenigma Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I don't believe there has been any news on Protest the Hero since the initial announcement.
    edited September 2010
    Xenigma;4004847 said:
    I don't believe there has been any news on Protest the Hero since the initial announcement.
    Thanks.
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Protest was announced though?!?! My dreams of playing Blindfolds Aside may materialize!?!???????????????????????????

YES!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;4005764 said:
    Protest was announced though?!?! My dreams of playing Blindfolds Aside may materialize!?!???????????????????????????

YES!
    it's possible but for now I think we are looking at 2 songs from Fortress, then some (if not all of the) songs from their new album coming next year
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    When should we expect to see the first songs hit playtest?
    edited September 2010
    kingtonyx;4005803 said:
    it's possible but for now I think we are looking at 2 songs from Fortress, then some (if not all of the) songs from their new album coming next year
    !!!!!

My God... this is amazing. I would have liked full discography lol but 2 songs from Fortress is amazing and a full album should be wonderful!
    edited September 2010
    HeyRiles;4005825 said:
    When should we expect to see the first songs hit playtest?

Very very soon.

We've sent one completed song to the label (they're uploading songs on their own account), and we'll be sending two more Friday, two more the friday after that.

So the first should hit today or tomorrow (I'm guessing).

Our goal is to try and average two uploads a week. We do a LOT of internal testing to make sure that when the song hits testing it should make it through without needing any further revisions (fingers crossed ;) ).
    edited September 2010
    noble;4005948 said:
    Very very soon.

We've sent one completed song to the label (they're uploading songs on their own account), and we'll be sending two more Friday, two more the friday after that.

So the first should hit today or tomorrow (I'm guessing).

Our goal is to try and average two uploads a week. We do a LOT of internal testing to make sure that when the song hits testing it should make it through without needing any further revisions (fingers crossed ;) ).
    Holy Jesus this is amazing. No offence, but you need to get more AMAZING bands out (Devin Townsend, and pleaaaase get some more prog metal!). Suppose that's an opinion but kind of a backhanded compliment lol.
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4005980 said:
    Holy Jesus this is amazing. No offence, but you need to get more AMAZING bands out (Devin Townsend, and pleaaaase get some more prog metal!). Suppose that's an opinion but kind of a backhanded compliment lol.

Devin is on tour right now, but he'll be back home next month. We'll start working on tracks in October, and IF everything goes smoothly the entire album should be ready by christmas.

That's the goal. It just depends on how much Devin adds to the album to make it more RB oriented.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    With the bands in the first post alone they got at least 29 tracks lined up. And these are just the ones they can talk about. I want more too, but let them release some songs first...
    edited September 2010
    noble;4006033 said:
    Devin is on tour right now, but he'll be back home next month. We'll start working on tracks in October, and IF everything goes smoothly the entire album should be ready by christmas.

That's the goal. It just depends on how much Devin adds to the album to make it more RB oriented.
    Are you going to put all the songs in playtesting at once?
    edited September 2010
    No they'll go into testing as we finish them. The goal is that the entire album will be finished by Christmas (barring any unforseen difficulties or complications that is ;) )
    edited September 2010
    noble;4006204 said:
    No they'll go into testing as we finish them. The goal is that the entire album will be finished by Christmas (barring any unforseen difficulties or complications that is ;) )
    Yeah. This is amazing. I have nothing else to say. Cannot wait!
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    kingtonyx;4005803 said:
    Thank you so much ether way. (Please try to get that one in though, PLEASE)

Here's hoping!
  • Ralphy2009Ralphy2009 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;4008601 said:
    Thank you so much ether way. (Please try to get that one in though, PLEASE)
    He's not part of the authoring group, just so you know. You might want to thank noble instead.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Any info on which Scarlet Grey songs will be coming?
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Can't wait to hear what the other Protest The Hero track off of Fortress is.
    edited September 2010
    moomandww;4009367 said:
    Can't wait to hear what the other Protest The Hero track off of Fortress is.
    They really can't go wrong, but I think "Sequoia Throne" would be the smartest choice. Among Protest fans I talk to, it seems to be a consistent favorite.

What I wanna know is when the first Protest tracks will hit testing. Oh man, I can't wait!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2010
    "Sequoia Throne" or "Palms Read" would probably be my preferred choice :D
    edited September 2010
    HelloMaster;4009442 said:
    They really can't go wrong, but I think "Sequoia Throne" would be the smartest choice. Among Protest fans I talk to, it seems to be a consistent favorite.

What I wanna know is when the first Protest tracks will hit testing. Oh man, I can't wait!
    What's the first one? I'd love Bone Marrow and The Dissentience, though I love pretty much every song off that album and Sequoia Throne would also be amazing.
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4009461 said:
    What's the first one? I'd love Bone Marrow and The Dissentience, though I love pretty much every song off that album and Sequoia Throne would also be amazing.
    noble more or less confirmed "Bloodmeat" back when he announced the formation of his group. I'm ecstatic. It'll be a blast to play, and it's possibly my favorite PtH track.