News and announcements from That Authoring Group

Comments

• HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    When should we expect to see the first songs hit playtest?
  • Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    kingtonyx;4005803 said:
    it's possible but for now I think we are looking at 2 songs from Fortress, then some (if not all of the) songs from their new album coming next year
    !!!!!

My God... this is amazing. I would have liked full discography lol but 2 songs from Fortress is amazing and a full album should be wonderful!
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited September 2010
    HeyRiles;4005825 said:
    When should we expect to see the first songs hit playtest?

Very very soon.

We've sent one completed song to the label (they're uploading songs on their own account), and we'll be sending two more Friday, two more the friday after that.

So the first should hit today or tomorrow (I'm guessing).

Our goal is to try and average two uploads a week. We do a LOT of internal testing to make sure that when the song hits testing it should make it through without needing any further revisions (fingers crossed ;) ).
    edited September 2010
    noble;4005948 said:
    Very very soon.

We've sent one completed song to the label (they're uploading songs on their own account), and we'll be sending two more Friday, two more the friday after that.

So the first should hit today or tomorrow (I'm guessing).

Our goal is to try and average two uploads a week. We do a LOT of internal testing to make sure that when the song hits testing it should make it through without needing any further revisions (fingers crossed ;) ).
    Holy Jesus this is amazing. No offence, but you need to get more AMAZING bands out (Devin Townsend, and pleaaaase get some more prog metal!). Suppose that's an opinion but kind of a backhanded compliment lol.
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4005980 said:
    Holy Jesus this is amazing. No offence, but you need to get more AMAZING bands out (Devin Townsend, and pleaaaase get some more prog metal!). Suppose that's an opinion but kind of a backhanded compliment lol.

Devin is on tour right now, but he'll be back home next month. We'll start working on tracks in October, and IF everything goes smoothly the entire album should be ready by christmas.

That's the goal. It just depends on how much Devin adds to the album to make it more RB oriented.
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    With the bands in the first post alone they got at least 29 tracks lined up. And these are just the ones they can talk about. I want more too, but let them release some songs first...
    edited September 2010
    noble;4006033 said:
    Devin is on tour right now, but he'll be back home next month. We'll start working on tracks in October, and IF everything goes smoothly the entire album should be ready by christmas.

That's the goal. It just depends on how much Devin adds to the album to make it more RB oriented.
    Are you going to put all the songs in playtesting at once?
    edited September 2010
    No they'll go into testing as we finish them. The goal is that the entire album will be finished by Christmas (barring any unforseen difficulties or complications that is ;) )
    edited September 2010
    noble;4006204 said:
    No they'll go into testing as we finish them. The goal is that the entire album will be finished by Christmas (barring any unforseen difficulties or complications that is ;) )
    Yeah. This is amazing. I have nothing else to say. Cannot wait!
  • a_bull_on_paradea_bull_on_parade Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    kingtonyx;4005803 said:
    it's possible but for now I think we are looking at 2 songs from Fortress, then some (if not all of the) songs from their new album coming next year
    Thank you so much ether way. (Please try to get that one in though, PLEASE)

Here's hoping!
  • Ralphy2009Ralphy2009 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    a_bull_on_parade;4008601 said:
    Thank you so much ether way. (Please try to get that one in though, PLEASE)
    He's not part of the authoring group, just so you know. You might want to thank noble instead.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Any info on which Scarlet Grey songs will be coming?
  • moomandwwmoomandww Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Can't wait to hear what the other Protest The Hero track off of Fortress is.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    moomandww;4009367 said:
    Can't wait to hear what the other Protest The Hero track off of Fortress is.
    They really can't go wrong, but I think "Sequoia Throne" would be the smartest choice. Among Protest fans I talk to, it seems to be a consistent favorite.

What I wanna know is when the first Protest tracks will hit testing. Oh man, I can't wait!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited September 2010
    "Sequoia Throne" or "Palms Read" would probably be my preferred choice :D
    edited September 2010
    HelloMaster;4009442 said:
    They really can't go wrong, but I think "Sequoia Throne" would be the smartest choice. Among Protest fans I talk to, it seems to be a consistent favorite.

What I wanna know is when the first Protest tracks will hit testing. Oh man, I can't wait!
    What's the first one? I'd love Bone Marrow and The Dissentience, though I love pretty much every song off that album and Sequoia Throne would also be amazing.
  • HelloMasterHelloMaster Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    Nathaniel607;4009461 said:
    What's the first one? I'd love Bone Marrow and The Dissentience, though I love pretty much every song off that album and Sequoia Throne would also be amazing.
    noble more or less confirmed "Bloodmeat" back when he announced the formation of his group. I'm ecstatic. It'll be a blast to play, and it's possibly my favorite PtH track.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    kingtonyx;3969768 said:
    I should have the tracks to you this week sometime. My dude has to re-do the drum track because it's just one drum track and I want to send you fully separated drums :)
    cool,I'll be looking forward to it!

ever tryed mixing disco with hardcore punk?
    just asking:D
    edited September 2010
    exploder;4010362 said:
    cool,I'll be looking forward to it!

ever tryed mixing disco with hardcore punk?
    just asking:D
    haha :p
    edited September 2010
    Some exciting news to announce today that I know you old school metal fans are gonna love:)

Here's the latest bands to sign on with us:

Onslaught
    Gama Bomb
    Girlschool
    Musica Diablo
    Chad Smith's Bombastic Meatbats
    Rishloo
    Ethereal Collapse

We'll have more information and band bios posted soon!
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    I'm excited for Rishloo. They were on a list in my head of bands to contact. I know this isn't where we suggest bands, but perhaps you could read my mind for the other bands I keep forgetting to contact. :)

I will though request some songs. I know they will probably want to start out with stuff from "Feathergun", but it would be awesome to get stuff like "Illumination", "Omega", and "Alchemy Alice" from their earlier albums on the network. Nice work getting them.
    edited September 2010
    bwschulze;4014279 said:
    I'm excited for Rishloo. They were on a list in my head of bands to contact. I know this isn't where we suggest bands, but perhaps you could read my mind for the other bands I keep forgetting to contact. :)

I will though request some songs. I know they will probably want to start out with stuff from "Feathergun", but it would be awesome to get stuff like "Illumination", "Omega", and "Alchemy Alice" from their earlier albums on the network. Nice work getting them.

We're starting out with the entire Feathergun album.

Also if you want to request songs/bands you can go to our forums here :

http://www.thatauthoringgroup.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0
  • b-movib-movi Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    That is exciting news! I really hope Girlschool comes over to the ps3.
    edited September 2010
    If anyone is interested we're currently looking for a sound mixer to join the team.

We've been doing it by taking turns on a song by song basis, but with the amount of songs we're starting to get in we're going to need someone that can focus on getting the songs mixed and ready for charting.

If anyone is interested just drop me a line at [EMAIL="nlarimer@gmail.com"]nlarimer@gmail.com[/EMAIL]

We all get paid on percentages of songs sold(and low percentages at that) so the pay isn't the greatest, but you'll get to work with some fantastic bands.

We're also always on the look out for charters. If you know how to chart bass, guitar, drums, vox then we can use you.

If you're interested in working with band like KMFDM, Powerman 5000, Union Underground, Onslaught, Ministry, Obituary, Protest the Hero, and dozens more, then just drop me a message and I can get you more details.
  • bwschulzebwschulze Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    noble;4014306 said:
    We're starting out with the entire Feathergun album.

Also if you want to request songs/bands you can go to our forums here :

http://www.thatauthoringgroup.com/forum/index.php?board=4.0
    That is what I figured. Looking forward to it. Try to make "Omega" the first song after the stuff from Feathergun if you can. :)

Will have to check out the other bands you listed since I am only familiar with some by name.
  • Onslaught_feiOnslaught_fei Headliner
    edited September 2010
    Wait. Did I just see one of my favorite thrash bands listed up there? Couldn't be. I MUST BE DREAMING?!?!

80s era Onslaught or Killing Peace?!?! I MUST KNOW. Oh jesus I'm gonna pass out. All the blood has left my head and gone to my groin.
    edited September 2010
    I would imagine it would be from Killing Peace or even from their upcoming album.

Cool either way imo.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    noble;4014184 said:
    some exciting news to announce today that i know you old school metal fans are gonna love:)

here's the latest bands to sign on with us:

Onslaught
    gama bomb
    girlschool
    musica diablo
    chad smith's bombastic meatbats
    rishloo
    ethereal collapse

we'll have more information and band bios posted soon!
    holy crap gama bomb!!!!
    edited September 2010
    I'm not really a proper fan of many of those bands, but I know some of them will probably be epic in game (Gamma Bomb particularly...).

Also, this is just because you've managed to get those types of bands... I request Heathen.
    edited September 2010
    Onslaught_fei;4014692 said:
    Wait. Did I just see one of my favorite thrash bands listed up there? Couldn't be. I MUST BE DREAMING?!?!

80s era Onslaught or Killing Peace?!?! I MUST KNOW. Oh jesus I'm gonna pass out. All the blood has left my head and gone to my groin.

It's off their upcoming album.

That's just for starters.

After that we're dipping into the back stuff.