Just a story I thought I'd share

kitlerckitlerc Road Warrior
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
A couple months ago I went to visit my cousin and saw that the only Rock Band game he had was Rock Band 1. So, by way of thanking him for letting me stay, I figured that since I needed a new set of instruments anyway that I would buy a new RB bundle on sale and ship him the spare game.

So earlier in the month I saw that Beatles: Rock Band was on sale for roughly $90 (practically nothing after a giftcard that I had) so I scooped that deal up. Shipping took a while but eventually I was able to pick it up at the store. (Beautiful instruments by the way, I'm almost ashamed of how worn out they will be in just a couple months). So anyway, I take the game out and ship that back to my cousin.

Today I got a call from him thanking me for the game. However, when he put the game in he got the RRoD, so he doesn't get to play it now. He said he would buy a new one eventually and I told him that he should check the Xbox website to see if he could get it fixed (after I explained that microsoft has a 3 year warranty for the RRoD). I just find it a little sad that after three years of only having RB1, he finally gets a new RB game and the Xbox quits on him. So sad.

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Reminds me of when my Xbox 360 RRoD'd on me the day the Halo 3 Beta came out; right when I finished downloading it and was about to play it for the first time.

Thank god for the towel trick :D
  • olddrummerolddrummer Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    gee that was tragic............
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    olddrummer;3970911 said:
    gee that was tragic............
    Let me put you into another predicament.

Let's say you ate 2 slices of bologna for 3 years, 3 times a day. Then one day, your cousin gives you a ton of apples to eat. Too bad the apples rotted too quickly for you to have.

Wouldn't you have gotten sick of the bologna after awhile? Wouldn't you appreciate the fact that your cousin cared about you to send you some food? Wouldn't it suck to have the chance for something new but then have it taken away?

Jeez.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Sorry to your cuz...I don't think I ever got an RRoD, ever
  • olddrummerolddrummer Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Shanerane;3970934 said:
    Let me put you into another predicament.

Let's say you ate 2 slices of bologna for 3 years, 3 times a day. Then one day, your cousin gives you a ton of apples to eat. Too bad the apples rotted too quickly for you to have.

Wouldn't you have gotten sick of the bologna after awhile? Wouldn't you appreciate the fact that your cousin cared about you to send you some food? Wouldn't it suck to have the chance for something new but then have it taken away?

Jeez.
    I wouldn't want my cousin to send me food because after all that bologna I probably would have diarrhea.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    olddrummer;3971254 said:
    I wouldn't want my cousin to send me food because after all that bologna I probably would have diarrhea.
    Thank you for sharing. :)