Contacting bands

PseudomaniacPseudomaniac Road Warrior
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm considering contacting a few bands that I saw at Pointfest in St. Louis the other weekend about the RBN, starting with Halestorm. However, I cannot, for the life of me, find their E-mail. Where do you normally find a band's e-mail. Sorry if this is a really stupid\ignorant question.

Comments

• Nathaniel607Nathaniel607 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Unfortunatly, it depends completly on the band. It might be at the bottom of the page, they might have a "contact" page.

If you are on their homepage, try pressing ctrl+f and then typing the "@" symbol. It'll find any e-mails on that page (as "@" symbols are rare elsewhere).
  • Wilkins IIIWilkins III Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    To find a band's e-mail address, you generally have to go to the band's website. In the case of Halestorm, I typed into Google "Halestorm band". I got their site, first result.

Then I tried to find a contact page, because the vast majority of the time, that's where the relevant e-mail addresses are. You'll want to look for a link at the top and bottom first (i.e. the menus). On the Halestorm site, there is a "Contact Us" link at the bottom of the page. And voila. Here are their contact details.

If the band in question doesn't have an official website, they'll most likely have a MySpace.
    edited August 2010
    It's usually easier with smaller bands. Iron Maiden aren't going to have a personal e-mail at the bottom of their page, for example.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    A webmaster will be more than willing to redirect you, and you can always find their email on the website
    edited August 2010
    Well, that's a lie. Some bands may be too;

A) Sociopathic
    B) Dead
    C) Liqudated
    D) Technically stupid

To put their email on their website.
  • PseudomaniacPseudomaniac Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Thanks for the advice. Can't believe I missed the glaringly obvious "Contact Us" link. Another question: would it be OK if I recommended a specific authoring group? Namely, Rockgamer studios. Also, Halestorm is signed to Atlantic. Is Atlantic one of those companies that has a tendency to be a**es about who they license out to?
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    If a band is signed to a label nine times out of ten the label will have the rights to the masters. So even if the band says heck yes lets do this, if you don't get permission from the label, it's a moot point.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to save you some frustration.

TL/DR version - contact the labels instead of the bands if they are signed.
    edited August 2010
    noble;3970984 said:
    If a band is signed to a label nine times out of ten the label will have the rights to the masters. So even if the band says heck yes lets do this, if you don't get permission from the label, it's a moot point.

Not trying to rain on your parade, just trying to save you some frustration.

TL/DR version - contact the labels instead of the bands if they are signed.
    UNLESS! UNLESS!!! It's the artists label (a "vanity label") or just a straight-up made up non-label... which I've totally come across before.