The Temper Trap

Cubbieblue14Cubbieblue14 Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm thinking about e-mailing The Temper Trap. What information should I send them and does any other fans have any information they would like me to add.

I intend to tell them the basics that it is a good way to promote their music. I intend to tell them that their music would work well with game. Tracks that I would like to see would be Down River, Fader, and Seet Disposition.

I'm a noob at this so that is why I ask for your help

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    Sticky: RBN - Suggested Etiquette for Contacting Bands (Multi-page thread 1 2)

It's literally right there in the stickies.
  • Wilkins IIIWilkins III Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Having The Temper Trap on RBN would be really cool. In fact, I'd welcome most of your DLC wishlist.

Anyway, I wish you luck in contacting them.
  • Cubbieblue14Cubbieblue14 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Thank you very much for the info GNFfhqwhgads, I usually skip the stickies and skim for the new release thread.

Wilkins III, I would love more music from the bands in my wishlist and many more. The more Indie Rock or alternative, the better for me and hopefully many others. One of those bands, The Shins, I got into via the RBN preview of Australia (Instant Buy). Hopefully, The Temper Trap will come aboard.
    edited August 2010
    No problem.
    edited August 2010
    Tell me what you think, before I send it. I not great with grammar if you can't tell.

Dear Temper Trap,

I would like to inform you of Rock Band Network if you don't already know. Rock Band Network is a way for bands to get their music on the video game series Rock Band. It's a great way for you guys to promote your music in a new format to a new audience outside of soundtracks, commericals, etc. An example of gaining new fans would be me in that I personally have become a fan of The Shins through the Rock Band network.

Here is a link from Harmonix, the developers of Rock Band that should due a good job of explaining Rock Band Network. http://creators.rockband.com/

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and hopefully the Rock Band community will see you such tracks as Fader, Sweet Disposition, Down Rover and/or others.

Can't wait to see you back in Chicago whenever you come back.

----Don
    edited August 2010
    Revised last sentence (I'm a terrible typer)

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and hopefully the Rock Band community will see such tracks as Fader, Sweet Disposition, Down River and/or others fairly soon.
    edited August 2010
    Dear Temper Trap,

I would like to inform you of the Rock Band Network if you don't already know. Rock Band Network is a way for bands to get their music on the popular video game series Rock Band, which includes artists ranging from Roy Orbison to Judas Priest to Disturbed. It's a great way for you guys to promote your music in a new format to a new audience outside of soundtracks, commercials, etc. An example of gaining new fans would be me in that I personally have become a fan of The Shins through their music on the Rock Band Network.

Here is a link from Harmonix, the developers of Rock Band that should do a good job of explaining the Rock Band Network. http://creators.rockband.com/

Thank you for taking your time to read this, and hopefully the Rock Band community will see you appear with such tracks as Fader, Sweet Disposition, Down Rover and/or others.

Can't wait to see you back in Chicago whenever you come back.

----Don

--------------------
    I fixed up some grammatical things and also tossed in some big names from varying sounds of music.
    edited August 2010
    Info has been sent to The Temper Trap.

Thank you very much GNFfnqwhgads, for the helpful revisions.
    edited August 2010
    No problem. Odds are, bands will ignore anything with errors, much like businesses now ignore applications with the smallest mistake.

I did my best to make sure that doesn't happen, and here's to hoping this band makes it, whoever they are.
  • Wilkins IIIWilkins III Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    @GNFfhq: If you've watched (500) Days of Summer, you'll probably recognise Sweet Disposition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxKjOOR9sPU
    edited August 2010
    I did not watch that and the video is blocked for the US.
  • CloudWolfCloudWolf Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I've seen this band live two times now. The first time they were opening for Silversun Pickups in Amsterdam, that was a about a month before they made it big with their single Sweet Disposition. It's one of the few occasions I can think of where the opening band has become far more popular than the main act, Silversun Pickups is considered an obscure band in Europe, while The Temper Trap has played on numerous big European festivals.

That said, I'd love to have them in Rock Band. Drum Song please :D