The Rooftop Concert

ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Okay, I just have one question. I read on the wiki what songs the Beatles played on the rooftop. I want you (she's so heavy) was not one of them, unfortunately.

Why is it played on the rooftop in the game?

Comments

• milkandcookiesmilkandcookies Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Coldplayer;3973064 said:
    Okay, I just have one question. I read on the wiki what songs the Beatles played on the rooftop. I want you (she's so heavy) was not one of them, unfortunately.

I'm guessing that it's because it really fit the rooftop atmosphere. At least, I think it did.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Coldplayer;3973064 said:

There were probably a few reasons for it. First of all, they probably wanted to have enough songs on the Rooftop to fill it up and I Want You is the best song in the game from that period to put on the rooftop. It's also probably easier to just put the song on the rooftop than to make a whole new dreamscape for it, especially one that would have been about 8 minutes.

I personally think they should have chose One After 909 for the game instead of I Want You so we could have had the whole actual rooftop concert setlist but whatever.
  • jrdj87jrdj87 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    one after 909 would have been amazing, love that song, great guitar solo.
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I me mine was not on the rooftop either. So both of those songs replaced one after 909 which was actually played on the rooftop. I would've like One after 909 for I Me Mine and I want you she's so heavy in abbey road.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Coldplayer;3973064 said:

That's (partially) wrong. John played the opening line of the song when they were changing songs, so saying they didn't play it is half-wrong.

But they didn't play I Me Mine on the rooftop. They probably chose it because they needed a George song.
    edited August 2010
    bridog7;3973332 said:
    I would've like One after 909 for I Me Mine and I want you she's so heavy in abbey road.
    Why? We would have gotten I Want You as DLC (part of Abbey Road) anyway. So wouldn't you rather replace that song then get rid of I Me Mine and have us possibly never get it?
    edited August 2010
    okay w/e. Anything to get One after 909. I like that song. Great guitar solo.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    There was a nice breeze on the rooftop. Dur.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Imagine playing the song in studio

How boring do you think that would be after you've now played the game for 11 months? :p
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Well, I love I Want You, it's probably my favorite Beatles song (along with Day In The Life) and I agree that it suits the Rooftop atmosphere perfectly! (The Beatles should have played it)

Still, I think they should have made the whole thing as realistic as possible. They could have choosen the other songs they played on the rooftop instead.
    But I would have been pissed if I Want You wasnt in the game right from the start. xD

Also, @gamegyro56: Is there a video proof of that somewhere? (I didnt see the Let It Be movie) Not like I would count a short guitar part as "playing I Want You on the rooftop" but I would really like to hear it. ^^
    edited August 2010
    Coldplayer;3975727 said:

Also, @gamegyro56: Is there a video proof of that somewhere? (I didnt see the Let It Be movie) Not like I would count a short guitar part as "playing I Want You on the rooftop" but I would really like to hear it. ^^
    To my understanding, The Beatles played it while they were changing tapes so no recordings exist.
    edited August 2010
    MostSpartan14;3975768 said:
    To my understanding, The Beatles played it while they were changing tapes so no recordings exist.
    There is a recording. It's on the 14th disc of Thirty Days (bootleg) (And probably other bootlegs). It's the full Rooftop concert (with God Saves the Queen). I have it. They started the concert by playing Get Back 3 times, and John played I Want You in between the 2nd and 3rd time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_AGMzO3Show

If you want me to give you my version (mine's about 2 minutes), I can give it to you on AIM (But you are never on).
    edited August 2010
    I would've liked to see all my loving and she loves you and please please me instead of can't buy me love, AHDN and i wanna be your man in ed sullivan show. Can't buy me love should be at budokan or shea, I wanna be your man should be a budokan and a hard days night should be at shea. Also the beatles never played a song on revolver live. So alot of songs are out of place but the main thing about the game is the music. Though all my loving, PPM, and she loves you would be nice. I would want All My Loving over I wanna be your man.
  • jrdj87jrdj87 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    bridog7;3975907 said:
    I would've liked to see all my loving and she loves you and please please me instead of can't buy me love, AHDN and i wanna be your man in ed sullivan show. Can't buy me love should be at budokan or shea, I wanna be your man should be a budokan and a hard days night should be at shea. Also the beatles never played a song on revolver live. So alot of songs are out of place but the main thing about the game is the music. Though all my loving, PPM, and she loves you would be nice. I would want All My Loving over I wanna be your man.
    i totally agree with that
  • ColdplayerColdplayer Headliner
    edited August 2010
    gamegyro56;3975903 said:
    There is a recording. It's on the 14th disc of Thirty Days (bootleg) (And probably other bootlegs). It's the full Rooftop concert (with God Saves the Queen). I have it. They started the concert by playing Get Back 3 times, and John played I Want You in between the 2nd and 3rd time.

If you want me to give you my version (mine's about 2 minutes), I can give it to you on AIM (But you are never on).
    Nah, thanks, I just wanted to hear what it sounded like, but I guess you can't really call it a full song, it looks like it's just John who's playing one of the riffs for a short time to have something to do until the bands ready for the next song.

Thanks for the link though!

Also, what's the point in playing Get Back 3 times in a row? Guess they just wanted a good recording of it.
    Should have played I Want You instead. :(
    edited August 2010
    Coldplayer;3977558 said:
    Nah, thanks, I just wanted to hear what it sounded like, but I guess you can't really call it a full song, it looks like it's just John who's playing one of the riffs for a short time to have something to do until the bands ready for the next song.

Thanks for the link though!
    lol...I was kinda talking to MostSpartan since I have his AIM and we talk(ed). But you're welcome for the link.
    edited August 2010
    Coldplayer;3977558 said:
    Also, what's the point in playing Get Back 3 times in a row? Guess they just wanted a good recording of it.
    Should have played I Want You instead. :(
    They actually played it 5 times and I'm guessing they didn't finish writing I Want You:
    Get Back
    Get Back- I Want You
    Get Back
    Don't Let Me Down
    I've Got A Feeling
    One After 909
    One After 909- Danny Boy
    Dig A Pony
    Dig A Pony- God Save The Queen
    I've Got A Feeling- A Pretty Girl Is Like A Melody
    Get Back
    Don't Let Me Down
    Get Back
    edited August 2010
    gamegyro56;3975903 said:

When there was I want you (she's so heavy) in TBRB i was like they didn't play this but turns out they somewhat did. Also Beatles didn't play I Me Mine, I think anyways.