i have a question

LucklessLuckless Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hi so ive not been in the forums for ages and i was wondering one thing, Can anyone submit a song if they become members and have the right tools for example im an average person and if i were to record a song could i submit it? The reason i ask this is because every rbn band i google seems to have myspace and seem pretty dame famous.

:) sorry for my dumb english and sorry if ive made my question unclear
i just wanna know if i record a song can i submit it?

Comments

• SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2010
    Anyone with a USA account can record, chart, and submit a song. You will have to be able to prove you own the copyrights to the song and the performances before it can be sold.
  • LucklessLuckless Unsigned
    edited August 2010
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Sayburr;3975091 said:
    Anyone with a USA account can record, chart, and submit a song. You will have to be able to prove you own the copyrights to the song and the performances before it can be sold.
    Actually, being from the US is the only requirement for submission. You can be from anywhere else to record and chart. (The proof of copyrights is also true, too.)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited August 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3975263 said:
    Actually, being from the US is the only requirement for submission. You can be from anywhere else to record and chart. (The proof of copyrights is also true, too.)
    That is true, only the submission of the song has the requirement of being in the USA. Most of the charting groups will upload songs for a small fee, and, of course, send any revenues back to you...
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    Luckless;3975065 said:
    because every rbn band i google seems to have myspace and seem pretty dame famous.
    Untrue. Most are as known than you are.
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3975470 said:
    Untrue. Most are as known than you are.
    Off topic - i need to stop frequenting these forums because whenever I see your user name I immediately stop and watch Strong Bad sing Everybody to the Limit. It's quite devastating to my productivity.
  • milkandcookiesmilkandcookies Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    striderblack;3975524 said:
    Off topic - i need to stop frequenting these forums because whenever I see your user name I immediately stop and watch Strong Bad sing Everybody to the Limit. It's quite devastating to my productivity.
    I see you jockin' me. :D
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    milkandcookies;3975530 said:
    I see you jockin' me. :D
    Trying to play like.... U KNO ME!

Classic stuff. I wonder if Homestarrunner would ever put up RBN stuff? Don't see why not, given we had Trogdor...

Edit: I always forget about Because It's Midnite, too. More HSR!