Good work rushing Z0MB1ES through!

LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm glad to see a song where there's a missing overdrive drum fill and where the vocal pitch is incorrect! I sure hope we'll see these amazing standards in the future the next time playtesters have a nerdgasm!

Comments

• CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
  • KBeatle96KBeatle96 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Grumpy, no. Sarcastic, yes.

I mean, I spent a dollar on this! A WHOLE DOLLAR!
  • jjdude1jjdude1 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I honestly dont even remember this song making it to Peer Review...I remember playtesting it, and then failing it.
  • ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    LeCH24;3975945 said:
    I'm glad to see a song where there's a missing overdrive drum fill and where the vocal pitch is incorrect!
    Nobody's perfect, dude.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    jjdude1;3976007 said:
    I honestly dont even remember this song making it to Peer Review...I remember playtesting it, and then failing it.
    You can't "fail" in playtest.
  • milkandcookiesmilkandcookies Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    DragoonXD;3976018 said:
    He gave it a "thumbs down", I think.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    DragoonXD;3976018 said:
    But you managed to fail right here.

Anyways, get over it. It could be Fat Kid.
    edited August 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3976025 said:
    But you managed to fail right here.
    I'm not seeing it. Mind pointing it out?
  • General Lein979General Lein979 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Technically it got hmx rushed, John Drake charted it.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    DragoonXD;3976032 said:
    I'm not seeing it. Mind pointing it out?
    He didn't fail out of the song, he gave the song a metaphorical F.
    General Lein979;3976043 said:
    Technically it got hmx rushed, John Drake charted it.
    Um...so was John Drake running around on a dozen different Gamertags voting it through?
    edited August 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3976062 said:
    He didn't fail out of the song, he gave the song a metaphorical F.
    That's not what I was referring to. And actually you can fail in that sense when auditioning songs.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited August 2010
    LeCH24;3975945 said:
    I'm glad to see a song where there's a missing overdrive drum fill and where the vocal pitch is incorrect! I sure hope we'll see these amazing standards in the future the next time playtesters have a nerdgasm!
    Just curious what exactly you define as a missing OD fill? Getting 1/2 bar and not being able to activate? Full bar? Over a bar?
    GNFfhqwhgads;3976062 said:
    Um...so was John Drake running around on a dozen different Gamertags voting it through?
    Technically only 8 gamertags.

I think he meant it got pushed through because people assume he did it right since he works for HMX without fully checking.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Well, it is a 10 minute long song and there's no rewind feature in audition mode until RBN 2.0 comes out, so it's hard for the peer reviewers to catch every little mistake without spending an unreasonable amount of time on it. I'm not sure what you mean by a missing OD fill. The fills did seem a bit far apart, but it wasn't a huge problem, and everything else seemed fine (and quite fun). I'm less picky than a lot of people, though. I haven't played anything besides drums yet, so I don't know if there are any big issues on other instruments (besides the ridiculous strumming on guitar, which shouldn't be a problem once RB3 comes out anyway).
  • LeCH24LeCH24 Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Quazifuji;3976300 said:
    Well, it is a 10 minute long song and there's no rewind feature in audition mode until RBN 2.0 comes out, so it's hard for the peer reviewers to catch every little mistake without spending an unreasonable amount of time on it. I'm not sure what you mean by a missing OD fill. The fills did seem a bit far apart, but it wasn't a huge problem, and everything else seemed fine (and quite fun). I'm less picky than a lot of people, though. I haven't played anything besides drums yet, so I don't know if there are any big issues on other instruments (besides the ridiculous strumming on guitar, which shouldn't be a problem once RB3 comes out anyway).
    Well, by the missing OD fill I mean the series of bars and the activation note. It's the last one in the song. I had a flashing half-bar, and the drum track vanished for a couple of seconds where the freestyle highway should have been. That also happens in one of the Petty songs, I believe, but I can't put my finger on which one (it may be "Running Down a Dream.")

Bass and guitar were fine, and it was a single slip on drums. Really a minor problem that was exacerbated by the vocal issues.

Maybe the off-key warbling of the vocal track threw the charter off because the setting on many lines is just plain wrong. You need to sing two or three notes higher than what the singer is in order for it to track over the bar. I know he was flat, but not so flat where I can notice a huge difference between my voice coming through the TV and the original track and scoring an "awesome." It's easily the worst job I've ever seen for vocal charting - worse than any broken talkie.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2010
    LeCH24;3976354 said:
    That also happens in one of the Petty songs, I believe, but I can't put my finger on which one (it may be "Running Down a Dream.")
    Where were all the people complaining that Harmonix rushed that song through?

I honestly think that a lot of the complaints I read wouldn't exist if Harmonix put out the exact same charts. It's like when people complained about the HO/POs in "Moredecai" but had no problem with "Painkiller" or countless songs before that.
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3976383 said:
    Where were all the people complaining that Harmonix rushed that song through?

I honestly think that a lot of the complaints I read wouldn't exist if Harmonix put out the exact same charts. It's like when people complained about the HO/POs in "Moredecai" but had no problem with "Painkiller" or countless songs before that.
    Painkiller had broken HO/PO's?
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2010
    I remember a lot of complaints that Mordecai had a lot of fast strumming parts charted as HO/POs that no sane person would try to hit without strumming, but other than being faster it's not much different from most of the non-solo parts of Painkiller (especially around 2:26), which is really an arbitrary example out of hundreds from Harmonix charts (the Rock Band 1 engine can't even force strums, so it's a wonder those people put up with that for so long).
  • voodoo618voodoo618 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;3976602 said:
    I remember a lot of complaints that Mordecai had a lot of fast strumming parts charted as HO/POs that no sane person would try to hit without strumming, but other than being faster it's not much different from most of the non-solo parts of Painkiller (especially around 2:26), which is really an arbitrary example out of hundreds from Harmonix charts (the Rock Band 1 engine can't even force strums, so it's a wonder those people put up with that for so long).
    On Mordecai (00:15), I would have been fine with the green being a PO and then the small "gallop" (eh) being force-strum.

The drums are freaking terrible and that's my only real complaint with the song.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    John Drake loves missing drum fills (see Swine Houses.) :D
  • ZiggyXNAMVPZiggyXNAMVP Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    I kind of agree with the discontent on this particular song. When playing it on expert guitar the notes seemed to be out of sync a lot of the time. however i still love the song :)
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    NoThru22;3977229 said:
    John Drake loves missing drum fills (see Swine Houses.) :D
    The missing fills is just a timing glitch. Drake's preferred OD placements must just hit that window more often than others. It's a hard-to-cause and hard-to-spot glitch (doesn't happen in autoplay), official Harmonix songs have done it before (official Harmonix songs have done just about everything people whine about) and changes for RB3 could nullify it anyway.