8/31/2010 DLC Discussion - Country Track Pack 04

edited September 2010 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;3977224 said:
Hey gang,

Here's the DLC coming your way next week, the very first 04 pack, featuring 9 country tracks. There's something for the ladies, something for the fellas, some picking for the guitar players, some country rhythm for the drummers and a hoot and a holler of a time to be had by all. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation 3 system (Aug. 31):

Dierks Bentley—“What Was I Thinkin’”
Eric Church – “Hell on the Heart”
Jamey Johnson – “Women”
Josh Turner – “Would You Go With Me” +
Keith Urban – “Days Go By” +
Lady Antebellum – “Lookin’ For a Good Time”
Laura Bell Bundy – “Rebound”
Reba McEntire – “Fancy” +
Sugarland – “It Happens” +

(All tracks are original master recordings)

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation 3 system Sept. 1)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Going Country Pack 04,” as well as individual tracks, on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system, and as individual tracks only on Wii. Tracks marked with “+” will also be available in the family-friendly LEGO® Rock Band Music Store.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song

$14.99, £7.49 UK, €10.99 EU (1,200 Microsoft Points) for Going Country Pack 04

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

To discuss this DLC please visit the official discussion thread in Community's Greatest Hits.

For all DLC song credits and other juicy details you can check out The Music page.

And for awesome background information on this content you can head on over to the Rock Band 'Zine for brand new articles!
Coming soon!

Comments

• whofanwhofan Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Early morning announcement caught me off-guard.

Kinda disappointed at the selections here, nothing really to my tastes. Maybe whenever I get internet at home I might get Keith Urban, "I Told You So" was great fun!
  • DrvThruPnkDrvThruPnk Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Well this is up way early.

Too bad I'm not a country fan...it might be a week to pick up some back-catalogue songs.
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I'm jealous country gets it's third large pack of mixed artists. Why can't this happen for indie rock?
  • carp24000carp24000 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reba, Eric Church, Jamey Johnson, Sugarland...WOW thats exciting!!!!!!!!!!!

Not sure why they would put a duet as the Lady A song....makes no sense.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2010
    OMG!

About time HMX got some Reba McEntire in Rock Band. :D

HMX, get some more Reba (Read My Mind album, please?). :p
  • Detective_ChimpDetective_Chimp Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Excited about What Was I Thinkin', it should be a blast to sing. Let's just hope no one tries to hood slide like Bo Duke. The rest are a little disappointing choices, but more or less expected. Only wish Alcohol or Ticks by Brad Paisley and Toes by Zac Brown Band would have been included.
  • Lord_of_SushiLord_of_Sushi Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Not a big fan of the choices. Pass.
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    HEY!!! Something's missing, Henry!! Go talk with Nord and straighten that out!
  • JormJorm Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Most likely getting the whole pack. Surprised (in a good way) to see Reba making it to RB.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited August 2010
    nothing for me. i listen to an above average amount of country, but none of this.
  • randracrandrac Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Never was a fan of country, but the one's in the past have at least been fun on RB. Was hoping for some better tunes than these though when I saw more country was coming. Guess 2010 will continue be the year of disappointing DLC for me. :(
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Not my cup of tea, but I'm glad for the country fans.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited August 2010
    I'll only be grabbing a couple of PS3 RBN tracks this week.
  • Fatal_TFatal_T Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    A good week to find hidden gems in RBN, I think.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited August 2010
    I might be biased because I'm a fan of Reba, but I think guitarists should check out her song.

Her backing band is really good, and the guitar part to "Fancy" should be pretty fun.
  • cmdrxymcmdrxym Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Not one classic country song? One?!?
  • carp24000carp24000 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    The Jamey Johnson song sounds like the Classic country most people around here request. I would check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTvRqwQab3k
  • Detective_ChimpDetective_Chimp Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    RockBandRocker;3977292 said:
    I might be biased because I'm a fan of Reba, but I think guitarists should check out her song.

Her backing band is really good, and the guitar part to "Fancy" should be pretty fun.
    I imagine the guitar track to What Was I Thinkin' will be fun, but I am biased on that song. :)
  • cmg4894cmg4894 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Not a big country fan so it's a pass for me. What will probably happen is what happened in the past. A friend of mine got the country track pack for her husband and gave me the code. So I will eventually get them just not this week. But good for the country fans. I am always happy that HMX expands their range of artists.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    afterstasis;3977268 said:
    nothing for me. i listen to an above average amount of country, but none of this.
    Same. Although, I think if I get "Fancy", I might actually be able to get my grandmother to play for the first time.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited August 2010
    wow i was so so SO excited for more country but these song choices are very disappointing ... no classic country at all?!?! seriously you couldnt throw us one classic country song in nine picks? might get a couple based on charts but this is a huge let down
  • elfreakoelfreako Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    This country severely lacks some "alt-". Pass.
  • Wilkins IIIWilkins III Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Doughoef;3977237 said:
    I'm jealous country gets it's third large pack of mixed artists. Why can't this happen for indie rock?
    As much as I love indie rock, it won't ever happen for the genre because not enough people are asking for it. The country tracks have sold really well, hence why there is more on the way.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    elfreako;3977311 said:
    This country severely lacks some "alt-". Pass.
    Yeah. I want some Whiskeytown, non-live Old 97's, Damnwells and Conor Oberst (in some fashion). And, Dwight Yoakam.
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited August 2010
    I really like country about as much as I like visits to the dentist's office. There are only a couple of artists where if they are on the list I would be interested. (I bought Kenny Rogers' "The Gambler" and Willie Nelson's "On The Road Again"). So if it's some of the classic, older country like Johnny Cash, then yeah, I'd make some purchases. But this stuff? Nope. Thankfully, it means that we got this out of the way.

If you like country, this week is great. If you don't like country, you get nothing this week. :( I only wish we could see "Hair Metal Track Pack 01" before "Country Track Pack 05". I highly doubt that will happen though. :( :( :( :( :( :(
  • cscwell107cscwell107 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Will get Days Go By and maybe Would You Go With Me.
  • hammygashammygas Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    This is exciting! It seems as though people have mellowed out on the complaining about their favorite band not being on the DLC each week and have accepted each pack as either something they will or won't buy. Respect is so much better than complaining. That being said, I'm probably not gonna buy anything from this pack unless I find there is a surprise in there like the Dixie Chicks 'Sin Wagon'. Sin Wagon's guitar part may be my second favorite to play in all of rock band behind Rude Mood by Stevie Ray Vaughn. Oh well, I'm sure next week will once again provide a non-country pack.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Gonna wait for the whole press release of the CTP2 until I get this pack! But some nice choices in there!
  • Soror_YZBLSoror_YZBL Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    OH YEAH! Best DLC in a while, but really just for Fancy. I might have to break my microphone out of storage. It's my one chance, I won't let you down.

Also, sugarland. I can leave the rest.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    No. No.

No.

No.

Bad country.
    Bad.
This discussion has been closed.