No more DLC?

richhill78richhill78 Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I assume they're not making anymore? What a shame, really wanted some more cuts from The White album.

Comments

• ShaneraneShanerane Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I read somewhere in these forums that DLC for The Beatles wasn't dead. I can't really remember it that well though.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    This is pretty much, latest news. Nothing seems to be underway

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199055
  • Sargehalo51Sargehalo51 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I have pretty much lost hope.

But, I have everything that has been offered so far and still very much enjoy playing the game. My biggest complaint is that when I play online, it seems nobody has any DLC at all.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    It's just too bad that they won't allow the masters to leave Abbey Road....that is the absolute ONLY THING holding all of this up. If it wasn't for that, I bet damn near every album would already be available for download. It's a shame.

Something I really don't understand though is why would HMX absolutely have to work with THE absolute Master recordings? I mean isn't this all digital now? Can't they make a copy of it and send that? I'm sure it's more the principle of it than the technology of it, but I don't know. I just want more...=(
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    mva5580;3978091 said:

Something I really don't understand though is why would HMX absolutely have to work with THE absolute Master recordings? I mean isn't this all digital now? Can't they make a copy of it and send that? I'm sure it's more the principle of it than the technology of it, but I don't know. I just want more...=(
    But a copy still has all the instruments isolated and I don't think Apple wants that getting out there. It may not be the original masters, but they are still masters.
    I remember reading this back before the game was released though. Apparently, Apple did let HMX take master recordings out of Abbey Road but they were like really bad quality and had a lot of static or something so not a lot of work could be done with them. Most of the work had to be done with the actual masters at Abbey Road.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I think I remember reading that they had to literally play the tracks into the recording area of Abbey road and rerecord them. That way they'd be able to mess around with them easier, for making the songs. Now I can't get very technical, but I remember reading something of that sort months back.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    robbiecon;3978149 said:
    I think I remember reading that they had to literally play the tracks into the recording area of Abbey road and rerecord them. That way they'd be able to mess around with them easier, for making the songs. Now I can't get very technical, but I remember reading something of that sort months back.
    I think you're talking about something different. They did this with the studio chatter between songs. They would play the recording in the actual recording area of Abbey Road and re-record it so all the studio chatter had echoes and other noises to make it sound more authentic.
  • DaytrippedDaytripped Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Pretty much over.

If it wasn't, half the DLC buyers are gone anyways.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    There will be; after all, they'll need SOMETHING to do after RB3 comes out. :p Just wait for all its hoopla to die down a bit.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3978925 said:
    There will be; after all, they'll need SOMETHING to do after RB3 comes out.
    Like RB3 DLC.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    But surely it'd be at least a few months until people start to feel they've 'played out' those 83 songs. :o
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    gamegyro56;3978926 said:
    Like RB3 DLC.
    good point
    HotMangoChutney;3978926 said:
    But surely it'd be at least a few months until people start to feel they've 'played out' those 83 songs.
    another good point:D
  • fatalfiend37fatalfiend37 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    DLC is dead, the clues are on their albums covers !!!
  • Rockbandfan23467Rockbandfan23467 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Have HMX stated that it's over?
  • CheesesCrustCheesesCrust Banned
    edited August 2010
    Rockbandfan23467;3979515 said:
    Have HMX stated that it's over?
    no, which makes it stupid that people are ruling it out. Harmonix didnt mention rock band 3 AS SOON as RB2 came out. Assuming that DLC isnt gonna happen, would be like saying RB4 will never happen, because HMX didnt say anything about it yet. If they are done, they will tell us, like for unplugged and Green Day. Just be patient
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    fatalfiend37;3979451 said:
    DLC is dead, the clues are on their albums covers !!!
    If you play Revolution 1 backwards you here 'there is no DLC, oh and Paul is alive, did I mention that?" :D