Rubber Soul In Shea Stadium??

Shomu07Shomu07 Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Why would HMX put the Rubber Soul album in Shea? I get that it would make more sense time wise but If they Planned on Releasing the rest of the albums there would be more than 2 albums per venue. Please Please Me in Cavern, With The Beatles in Cavern and Ed, Hard Day's Night in Ed, Beatles for Sale in Ed and Shea, Help in Shea and Rubber Soul in Shea? doesn't make sense right? That leaves drive my car and Revolver In only Budokan. Comments?

Comments

• nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Shomu07;3978719 said:
    Why would HMX put the Rubber Soul album in Shea? I get that it would make more sense time wise but If they Planned on Releasing the rest of the albums there would be more than 2 albums per venue. Please Please Me in Cavern, With The Beatles in Cavern and Ed, Hard Day's Night in Ed, Beatles for Sale in Ed and Shea, Help in Shea and Rubber Soul in Shea? doesn't make sense right? That leaves drive my car and Revolver In only Budokan. Comments?
    I don't know why Drive My Car is Budokan, maybe just a better scene, but Rubber Soul was 1965 and they weren't in Budokan 'till August (or so) 1966
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I don't know why Drive My Car is Budokan, maybe just a better scene, but Rubber Soul was 1965 and they weren't in Budokan 'till August (or so) 1966
    But Rubber Soul was recorded and released AFTER that famous Shea Stadium concert, as portrayed in the game. I'm fine with "I'm Looking Through You" and "If I Needed Someone" being there... but the majority of the songs on the album?!??!?

I'm almost certain it's because they only had to contend with one 'group outfit' for Shea and that that venue already had John's acoustic guitar for "Run for Your Life" (both he and George only play their identical Epiphones in the in-game songs at Budokan). So basically they sacrificed chronological accuracy for convenience. :rolleyes:

What bothers me most about this is that, with "What Goes On" at Shea, Ringo won't have a lead vocal at Budokan, should most of the songs ever get included in the game (a long shot, I know :o).
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3978793 said:
    But Rubber Soul was recorded and released AFTER that famous Shea Stadium concert, as portrayed in the game. I'm fine with "I'm Looking Through You" and "If I Needed Someone" being there... but the majority of the songs on the album?!??!?

I'm almost certain it's because they only had to contend with one 'group outfit' for Shea and that that venue already had John's acoustic guitar for "Run for Your Life" (both he and George only play their identical Epiphones in the in-game songs at Budokan). So basically they sacrificed chronological accuracy for convenience. :rolleyes:

What bothers me most about this is that, with "What Goes On" at Shea, Ringo won't have a lead vocal at Budokan, should most of the songs ever get included in the game (a long shot, I know :o).
    I know :(
  • bridog7bridog7 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Well AHDN and can't buy me love weren't released yet when the beatles played at the ed sullivan show
    edited August 2010
    aye, the paradox that is The Beatles :D
    edited August 2010
    bridog7;3978888 said:
    Well AHDN and can't buy me love weren't released yet when the beatles played at the ed sullivan show
    Well, since there's no venue in the game between the Ed Sullivan Show and Shea Stadium, and since the former would only cover one album (With The Beatles), I'm OK with this liberty being taken... as with including "I'm Looking Through You" and "If I Needed Someone" to fill out the Shea setlist (though why they couldn't have chosen another Help! song to replace one of them is beyond me :confused:).
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3978906 said:
    Well, since there's no venue in the game between the Ed Sullivan Show and Shea Stadium, and since the former would only cover one album (With The Beatles), I'm OK with this liberty being taken... as with including "I'm Looking Through You" and "If I Needed Someone" to fill out the Shea setlist (though why they couldn't have chosen another Help! song to replace one of them is beyond me :confused:).
    Me too :confused:
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3978906 said:
    I would want all my loving at ed sullivan show along with she loves you and PPM
    edited August 2010
    JoeSaintsFan;3978907 said:
    Me too :confused:
    I would think that "I'm Looking Through You" would be the easier song to have sacrificed (despite the fact that they actually played "If I Needed Someone" at Budokan... but that would leave George without a decent vocal spot at Shea, since "Everybody's Trying to Be My Baby," "I Need You," and "You Like Me Too Much" all pale in comparison). This would then mean another Paul song would have to be chosen as a replacement... leaving us with a choice of "Another Girl," "The Night Before," "Tell Me What You See," and (even though it wasn't on Help!) "I'm Down" (neither "I've Just Seen a Face" nor "Yesterday" make for good live performances). With the latter 3 songs, they would've had to have animated John playing that keyboard tucked back by the drum rise. "Another Girl" is probably my least favorite of these 4 songs (though all it would take is the same instrumentation that "I'm Looking Through You" did), and I don't think "Tell Me What You See" ranks as highly on most people's lists. I probably prefer "The Night Before" as a song, but the performance of "I'm Down" at Shea was fairly infamous, thanks to John's keyboard playing. I'm torn between those two.
  • milkandcookiesmilkandcookies Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I would have LOOOOOVED I'm Down. Think of the harmonies! :D
  • CaptainHarlockCaptainHarlock Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I guess Harmonix had to take some artistic license with some of the songs. While we're at it, like someone else pointed out in another topic they didn't perform I Want You (She's So Heavy) on the Apple rooftop either.
    edited August 2010
    CaptainHarlock;3979014 said:
    I guess Harmonix had to take some artistic license with some of the songs. While we're at it, like someone else pointed out in another topic they didn't perform I Want You (She's So Heavy) on the Apple rooftop either.
    This works too...
    edited August 2010
    CaptainHarlock;3979014 said:
    Well, John actually DID break into the main riff of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" during the Apple Rooftop concert at one point in between songs while Glyn Johns was switching tapes in the basement. I think that's the main reason they decided to include the song in that set (and "I Me Mine" simply because they needed a song for George to sing in the set). ;) But, again, I still feel the Rubber Soul DLC songs all being at Shea Stadium instead of Budokan was more a case of HMX just taking short cuts. : ?
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3979057 said:
    Well, John actually DID break into the main riff of "I Want You (She's So Heavy)" during the Apple Rooftop concert at one point in between songs while Glyn Johns was switching tapes in the basement. I think that's the main reason they decided to include the song in that set (and "I Me Mine" simply because they needed a song for George to sing in the set). ;) But, again, I still feel the Rubber Soul DLC songs all being at Shea Stadium instead of Budokan was more a case of HMX just taking short cuts. : ?
    also stated in the other thread :rolleyes:
  • CaptainHarlockCaptainHarlock Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I really need to go back and watch Let It Be again.

I don't think it's so much a "short cut". I think it's a matter of when the game was in production, whether a song worked in a certain context or not. Like Taxman at the Budokan. They weren't performing any songs from Revolver on the '66 tour. But for some reason the Budokan setting for Taxman works. It also might have come down to what was technically possible at the time.
    edited August 2010
    JoeSaintsFan;3979291 said:
    also stated in the other thread :rolleyes:
    Are you TRYING to pick a fight with me, Joe? :D
  • HelloGjoobHelloGjoob Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3979057 said:
    I actually think the real reason is because they didn't want to make a dreamscape for it.

Just sayin`.
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Well, the game does not show the life of The Beatles era perfectly. But hey, maybe some day, another company will be more precise about stuff like that.
    But i dont complain about TB:RB. Its still a great game.
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3979323 said:
    Are you TRYING to pick a fight with me, Joe? :D
    Yup :D
    CaptainKicker;3979323 said:
    Well, the game does not show the life of The Beatles era perfectly. But hey, maybe some day, another company will be more precise about stuff like that.
    But i dont complain about TB:RB. Its still a great game.
    "Yes it is" :D
    edited August 2010
    CaptainKicker;3979922 said:
    http://i31.tinypic.com/28hjywg.jpg
    edited August 2010
    milkandcookies;3979976 said:
    I saw that video

that video is not exaggerated in any way :D
  • CaptainKickerCaptainKicker Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    milkandcookies;3979976 said:
    Well played.
    edited August 2010
    REVOLVER IN BUDOKAN??????????, its not just rubber soul at shea either. but didn't george play if i needed someone at shea when the beatles played at shea the 2nd time
    edited August 2010
    CaptainHarlock;3979316 said:
    I really need to go back and watch Let It Be again.

I don't think it's so much a "short cut". I think it's a matter of when the game was in production, whether a song worked in a certain context or not. Like Taxman at the Budokan. They weren't performing any songs from Revolver on the '66 tour. But for some reason the Budokan setting for Taxman works. It also might have come down to what was technically possible at the time.
    So absolutely NONE of the live Rubber Soul DLC songs would've worked better at Budokan??? Awfully coincidental (and convenient for HMX). :confused:

"Taxman" and "And Your Bird Can Sing" were put at Budokan because they were songs from Revolver that the group could've very easily performed live on their '66 tour if they'd actually made the effort... but, of course, by that time they were so sick of playing live/touring they didn't care. I believe some journalist asked them at one of their press conferences on that tour why they weren't performing any of the songs from Revolver and they basically said point blank that they couldn't be bothered to learn live arrangements for any of them. : ?
    edited August 2010
    Rubber Soul DLC
    Norweigian wood:Abbey road (agree nothing wrong with that)
    You won't see me:Shea(Would have prefered abbey road)
    Nowhere man:Abbey road???(why not budokan where they actually played that song there
    Think for yourself:Shea (Alright there)
    Michelle:Abbey road(Awesome dreamscape
    What goes on:Shea(Defintly need a ringo song at shea)
    Girl:Abbey road(good)
    In my life:abbey road(great job)
    Wait:shea(shea or budokan wouldve been fine)
    Run for your life:Shea (don't like it for live "I'd rather see you dead little girl" Put it in abbey road)
    edited August 2010
    bridog7;3981303 said:
    What goes on:Shea(Defintly need a ringo song at shea)
    ... for which there's "Honey Don't" and/or "Act Naturally." :o This leaves Ringo with no vocal spot at Budokan further down the road. :(

Yeah, I'm fine with all the more acoustic numbers being in the studio ("Nowhere Man" is probably there as well because it's one of their more well-known songs, and, thus, apparently also deserves a dreamscape : /). But I really don't see how a slightly smaller venue (and still much bigger than the Cavern Club and Ed Sullivan Theater) didn't warrant a single additional song there from Rubber Soul. :confused:
    edited August 2010
    HotMangoChutney;3981375 said:
    ... for which there's "Honey Don't" and/or "Act Naturally." :o This leaves Ringo with no vocal spot at Budokan further down the road. :(

Yeah, I'm fine with all the more acoustic numbers being in the studio ("Nowhere Man" is probably there as well because it's one of their more well-known songs, and, thus, apparently also deserves a dreamscape : /). But I really don't see how a slightly smaller venue (and still much bigger than the Cavern Club and Ed Sullivan Theater) didn't warrant a single additional song there from Rubber Soul. :confused:
    I would rather have honey don't or act naturally at shea then what goes on but since there isn't what goes on will have to do