*knock, knock* There any fellow JoCo nuts in here?

SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
edited September 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm still relatively new to these threads, so I'm not all to familiar with what y'all consider "thread-worthy" or "annoying". If needed, I apologize.

Anywho...

I love Jonathan Coulton. I can't get enough! Been a HUUUUUUUUUGE fan since RB introduced me to Skullcrusher Mountain a couple years ago. Big thanks Harmonix! :D

He writes very clever, catchy stuff, but why do I really love him? He did something probably only he could do: Put out a new song every week for a whole year and have all of them (minus Rock and Roll Boy and maybe one other one and 5 or so great covers) be at least really good. That seriously amazes me. Beyond comprehension. Most full-fledged bands can't make a really good/great album consisting of 8-14 songs in TWO (or more) years and when they are, it's just 8-14 songs and it's 2-5 (or more) people doing it. He also wrote two albums before that. The amount of creativity this man has is spectacular.

I really want to thank the RB community for supporting JoCo and continuing to put out his stuff (not to mention Harmonix for putting him in in the first place). :cool:

But yeah, any other huge JoCo fans out there? I'm sure there are, but I'd like to personally hear from a few. There's also at least several other songs of his that I'd really like to see on RBN:

Not About You (my favorite right behind Chiron Beta Prime and Big Bad World One)
Flickr
Take Care of Me
Big Bad World One
You Ruined Everything
SkyMall
I'm Your Moon
Dance, Soterios Johnson, Dance (would make an excellent debut track for RBN 2.0 w/ the keyboards and everything)

If you're relatively new to JoCo and are giving these songs a listen for the first time, let me know what you think of this genius at work!

And once again, sorry if this turns to be a "useless" thread :o

Also, while I'm at it, how do you give yourself an icon? I've tried looking for a way, but can't seem to find it. Help a brotha out!

That is all,

Comments

• Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    I have almost every song of his except a few from Aftermath in my library. I'd kill for Soterios Johnson, but I am pretty much able to accept no more JoCo until RB3 if it means more playability out of them. Harmonies and Keys would make the songs alot better.

I would like to see The Presidents, Mr.Fancy Pants, and Just As Long As Me.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
  • Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Yes, I have listened to JoCo for a couple of years now. I would love more songs, the ones I definatly want to see in the game are: The Presidents, Mr. Fancy Pants, Big Bad World One, Skymall, Tom Cruise Crazy, Curl, and I Feel Fantastic.
  • tim107tim107 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    All of Smoking Monkey would be great
    and I want him to release I Crush Everything already so i can have a full album by him

Other songs i would love to see are
    You Ruined Everything
    I'm Your Moon
    I Feel Fantastic
    Curl
    Big Bad World One
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    tim107;3983688 said:
    All of Smoking Monkey would be great
    and I want him to release I Crush Everything already so i can have a full album by him

Other songs i would love to see are
    You Ruined Everything
    I'm Your Moon
    I Feel Fantastic
    Curl
    Big Bad World One
    This. That would be keen.
    ShoTTySLanKiN;3983164 said:
    Love me some JoCo!
    You a Used fan as well?

Take It Away and I Caught Fire (In Your Eyes) are probably my among my top 20 most wanted tracks for RB. Such a great band. Had plenty of great memories with them from back in jr. high.
  • mjlambert1mjlambert1 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I would love to sing The Presidents, Someone Is Crazy, and Furry Old Lobster in RB.
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I'd like to see That Spells DNA... it was the first Jonathan Coulton song I ever heard (long before I got into RB) and still one of my favorites by him. On a side note, that's a great uber-cheesy fan-made music video as well.

I wouldn't mind seeing The Presidents added as well.
  • RingmasterJ5RingmasterJ5 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    I'm pretty sure that Big Bad World One and I Feel Fantastic have been confirmed.
  • tim107tim107 Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Cause you know you have to curl! (curl!) Come on baby put the rock in the house
  • SupergeekSupergeek Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Tom Cruise Crazy
    Furry Old Lobster
    First of May (yeah right)

I've seen him twice in concert (right up against the stage in Denver at the Soiled Dove Underground twice, close enough to grab the snack bag that Paul & Storm had on stage) and even done some heckling that he responded good naturedly to.

I really enjoy him and his music. I would love to go on the JoCo Cruise Crazy. But, a lot of his stuff is not really suited for the game, or is too short to be worth $2.
  • JixzerJixzer Hillbilly Deluxe
    edited September 2010
    Love him. Have most of his songs.

I would love to have "1st of May"...but we all know that ain't happening. :)