How do you preview the note highway in Reaper?

BillkwandoBillkwando Opening Act
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
I'm just starting out, and I can't find a good tutorial on the very basics. I've used DAW software before and I've charted songs in drumming games, so I'm not completely clueless. I HAVE read all the docs on the authoring page.

I'm using the Jonathan Coulton example song and I just want to see the note/gem preview.

Comments

• FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Billkwando;3982460 said:
    I'm just starting out, and I can't find a good tutorial on the very basics. I've used DAW software before and I've charted songs in drumming games, so I'm not completely clueless. I HAVE read all the docs on the authoring page.

I'm using the Jonathan Coulton example song and I just want to see the note/gem preview.
    If you've downloaded and installed the RBN plugins, then the preview VST should appear on the MIDI lanes in the RBN template. The JoCo example should use the same template so they should be there.

If you're using a 64-bit version, that has been known to be flaky. But you should be able to find the RBN Preview VST after you've installed everything.
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    Billkwando;3982460 said:

It's easy:

1) image

Click on any of the "FX" buttons under (and only under) PART DRUMS, PART GUITAR, or PART BASS. (see red boxes on image)

2) image

If "RBN Preview" already exists on the left box, then simply check it. If not, then click "Add", find and highlight "VSTi: RBN Preview (RBN)", then click "OK".

3) image

Play the song while this window is up. Directly under the "SKILL", you can click on this to change the difficulty on the fly.