Can someone explain this:

TellekampzTellekampz Unsigned
edited August 2010 in The Rock Band Network
Hello Rock Band Forum,

I looked forward for the XBN, I live in the Netherlands.
I have a xbox 360, i pay for xbox gold and MS points.
Why is Rock Band Network 99 BOX for the 360, and FREE for the PS3?
Can someone explain this? It is rather unfair. A mate of me has a PS3, he bought network songs and I really want that too, but 99 box is rather too much..

Explanation plz!

Comments

• JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    huh? what exactly are you asking, the membership for the XNA group? yeah, its $99 per year (idk the exact price)
  • TellekampzTellekampz Unsigned
    edited August 2010
    Why is it free for PS3? Thats what im wondering..
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    Tellekampz;3985228 said:
    Why is it free for PS3? Thats what im wondering..
    The $99 is for an XNA Creators Club membership to author your own songs. It is "free" for the PS3, because you can't author songs with a PS3. If you just want to buy Rock Band Network songs, just go to the Rock Band Network store in game and buy them. There is no additional cost other than the price of the songs.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    It's not available for PS3. What you're discussing and what costs $99 a year is the authoring/playtesting capability. If all you want to do is play the songs, those are freely available to purchase individually. No subscription or fee required, just the price of the songs themselves.

If you're not seeing any RBN songs and assuming you need a subscription to shop for them, it's because your region (Netherlands) has had a bit of difficulty with RBN, since I don't believe it's an official region for this.
    edited August 2010
    All I want is to buy songs that are in the RBN, I am not an author and i do not want to test songs, i only want to play..=x

Well, lets hope Netherlands get it soon then..
  • vw_fetishvw_fetish Rising Star
    edited August 2010
    When you say BOX, do you really mean bucks? (as in money/currency/dollars?)

The PS3 does not have any sort of XNA system for developing and selling RBN songs.

If you are interested in purchasing RBN songs on your Xbox, you can do so without an XNA membership. Just start your game and go into the Rock Band Network Music Store (assuming RBN is available in the Netherlands). The RBN songs are also available directly from XBox Live Marketplace.

You only need the XNA membership if you plan to submit your own songs into RBN.
    edited August 2010
    sorry i ment bucks indeed..

When I try to launch rock band network, i get a blue screen of a concert now.. -.-

First it said that it could not load..
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2010
    Yeah I think that's because XNA isn't available in your region.

No XNA means no RBN. So unfortunately until that gets sorted you won't be able to buy any songs.
    edited August 2010
    It says:

Unable to connect to the Rock Band Network Store. This may be a temporary problem, or it may indicate that your gamer profile originates from a country that does not support XNA content.

Blegh, NL can only make songs and indie games, but never play them? That fails..
  • axelkotheaxelkothe Opening Act
    edited August 2010
    Create an US or UK Xbox Live Account and buy your songs with that account (be careful: European MS Points only work with european accounts, US Points only with US accounts). You can play them with any account on your console afterwards.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    axelkothe;3985421 said:
    Create an US or UK Xbox Live Account and buy your songs with that account (be careful: European MS Points only work with european accounts, US Points only with US accounts). You can play them with any account on your console afterwards.
    Are RBN songs region restricted like 'regular' DLC?
    edited August 2010
    On the Xbox: no. (Neither are the regular DLC songs or most of the other DLC for other games)

I have tons of songs on my US account on my PAL 360 with the german version of RB2.

PS3 is an entirely different matter...
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    I'm pretty sure regular DLC is region locked (must match the region of the disc), I'm just not sure if RBN counts.
    edited August 2010
    Santa Claustrophobia;3986751 said:
    I'm pretty sure regular DLC is region locked (must match the region of the disc)
    no it isn't on xbox 360. As I said: I have a lot of US songs and a european RB 2 game disc and a european console.

For other games it MAY be different (but it usually isn't).