Beatles Rockband and the new Keyboard

RingoStarrFan14RingoStarrFan14 Unsigned
edited December 2010 in The Beatles: Rock Band
Does anybody else view the keyboard as a way for them to make more Beatles DLC? Cause if They have an update after the keyboard comes out to make it compatible, they could make DLC like Hey Jude, Let It Be, I'm Down, and add keyboard to other great songs already in the game like Don't Let Me Down, Something, & Get Back. What do you guys think of this?

Comments

• SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2010
    Pro keys are beyond the scope of a simple patch (which would screw over the Wii crowd), and the keyboard isn't going to work with anything but Rock Band 3.
  • gamegyro56gamegyro56 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    CheeseLord;3988145 said:
    Well, I found out today that in RB3 you can use the keyboard to play the guitar part so there is no reason why not. I don't know if there would be a update though, but that would be cool.
    The keyboard will only work with Rock Band 3.
    SirDavidTLynch;3988458 said:
    Pro keys are beyond the scope of a simple patch (which would screw over the Wii crowd), and the keyboard isn't going to work with anything but Rock Band 3.
    This.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    I think we should about finish reaching for reasons for more DLC.

They're the highest represented artist ever in a music game.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited September 2010
    C-c-c-c-combo breaker
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    gamegyro56;3998722 said:
    The keyboard will only work with Rock Band 3.
    They could make it work for this game EASILY if they choose to.
  • dazman5000dazman5000 Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    As a keys player, I'd love there to be a patch to support the upcoming keyboard. It'd be great to play along with the Abbey Road Medley for instance. I hope it happens, I cant find any announcements or official word about it though.

Aside from the new DLC issue, it would undoubtedly be a great addition to the game, with so many of the songs already having important keyboard/piano parts
  • Dozer3677Dozer3677 Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    GNFfhqwhgads;3998902 said:

They're the highest represented artist ever in a music game.
    It is fitting.
    edited September 2010
    Jerkinator;3998973 said:
    They could make it work for this game EASILY if they choose to.
    All the key tracks in the game are on guitar already. So the only option is for more DLC. And if they do release DLC, everyone will be so happy that there is more DLC, they won't really care that there are no keys. Which means the extra work won't have a lot of results. But don't get me wrong, I love keys. I'm a pianist and would love if we can do that, but I don't think they will add that.
    dazman5000;4024070 said:
    I'd love there to be a patch to support the upcoming keyboard.
    There won't be a patch, at least I hope there won't be any patch.
  • deadpool247deadpool247 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    gamegyro56;4024387 said:

There won't be a patch, at least I hope there won't be any patch.
    So you want the solo of "Being For The Benefit of Mr. Kite!," which is clearly played on an instrument with a keyboard, to not be played on the keyboard controller? Why not have a patch, man?
    edited September 2010
    deadpool247;4028359 said:
    Why not have a patch, man?
    Because they're stupid...and I have a Wii.
  • beatlesfan99beatlesfan99 Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    gamegyro56;4031821 said:
    And the truth comes out...
  • JoeSaintsFanJoeSaintsFan Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    gamegyro56;4031821 said:
    Agreed
  • griffin_t_agriffin_t_a Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    All they'd have to do is release a patch that would turn the drums icon into a piano icon like the guitar one changes to a bass. And of course, chart the keyboard part. Easy peasy Japanesy.
    edited September 2010
    I would like to play the key-tar for the lead/bass parts, if possible.
  • Odin ForceOdin Force Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Oh, come on. Just let us export Beatles already!
    edited September 2010
    Yeah, what's so hard about prohibitively expensive licensing fees and venue authoring for ~75 Beatles recordings?
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Just make the Beatles tracks exportable and release TB:RB2, the only game they'd be exportable to.

Most of the key-heavy songs have been left off so there would be plenty of great material (obviously) for another game. If this one did as well as they have said in the past, there shouldn't be much of a problem putting together another one.
    edited September 2010
    You still have prohibitively expensive licensing fees for over 70 songs in the most overly protected catalog in music. Seeing how they revealed in a PAX (I think) panel that it is possible to add keyboards, maybe the most cost effective option is – I don't know – more DLC for the existing game, since that's the whole point of DLC and all.
  • BubbleBobbleBubbleBobble Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    unless the keyboard ends up being boring or stupid, this would be such a great addition

especially a TB:RB 2

I seriously think I would cry if a sequel came out

I love it that much haha
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    Honestly, I don't think it matters at this point. I mean, most of their keyboard-driven songs have very little (if any) distinguished guitar lines in them (the guitar solo in "Let It Be" notwithstanding), so what does it matter if it's played on guitar or an actual keyboard thingie? Almost everyone now seems OK with the keyboard parts of "Lovely Rita" and "Mr. Kite" and the piano solo from "In My Life" or the string/orchestral parts of "She's Leaving Home," "All You Need Is Love," and "I Am the Walrus" all being charted on guitar. The point now seems pretty moot to me.
    edited October 2010
    I guess I'm naive, and still have faith that it'll happen...
  • TheComedianTheComedian Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    If the sequel supported keys. And Pro Mode.
    And it included Ob-La-Di Ob-La-Da and Strawberry Fields. I would buy it day one.

Come on...it would be simply beyond amazing.
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    SirDavidTLynch;4042691 said:
    Yeah, what's so hard about prohibitively expensive licensing fees and venue authoring for ~75 Beatles recordings?
    This

And patching is not that simple. If someone would gladly break down how they would patch it, using program languages, detailing how the code would exactly work, as well as relicense Beatles tunes, please do so.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I think this game is pretty much dead.
  • I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    It'd be amazing if you could, but I really doubt it'll be a possibility... too much to update and everything.
  • HotMangoChutneyHotMangoChutney Rising Star
    edited October 2010
    nicko68;4074501 said:
    It's not dead -- it's just hibernating (for most) until more DLC comes. :p
  • azcoyotedogazcoyotedog Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    nicko68;4074501 said:

Yep, I agree!
    HotMangoChutney;4075607 said:
    It's not dead -- it's just hibernating (for most) until more DLC comes. :p

Not going to happen.... sorry!
  • CheeseLordCheeseLord Opening Act
    edited October 2010
    Wow guys....If this is how you act without DLC I would HATE to see you when the Beatles actually broke up. When they broke up did people go, ah the're dead. NO! The Beatles have endured for 50 years now and will do so forever. When I have kids, I will play the Beatles for them. Things don't just die. What do you expect them to udate a game for 170 years. Eventually they are going to stop. But will it be dead? No. If you had fun with it, it will never die. It's just a game and we are the ones that will hold memories of it. Never say die because if you do you are just throwing those fun memories in the trash and that is a horrible waste of memories.
  • nicko68nicko68 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    I'm not saying the game is still not playable and enjoyable. I mean it's "dead" from the perspective of any further development or enhancement. It served its purpose, as a tie in for the re-release of the Beatles catalog on 09-09-09, but all the efforts are now on RB3.

The fact that its DLC won't be importable to RB3 isn't helping its longevity of play though.
  • mva5580mva5580 Road Warrior
    edited October 2010
    azcoyotedog;4099704 said:
    Yep, I agree!

Not going to happen.... sorry!
    Why do you continue to post here? You're seriously an idiot.