SST Records and Fat Wreck Chords

thedanielthedaniel Road Warrior
edited April 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
It may seem bizzare to include these two record labels together, but I figure since they're two of the most succesful and influential punk labels of all time it was okay.
All right, time for the point of the thread.

Recently, the setlists for RB3 and the recent Guitar Hero game were announced. RB3 contained a song by Swingin Utters and it marked the first appearance of a song from Fat Wreck Chords in a music game. GH had a song by Bad Brains and it marked the first time that a song from SST Records had appeared in a music game. Now that it is known that these labels are willing to put their songs in games it would be great if there were more songs from each label on the RB platform.

A list of bands that have put out records on Fat Wreck
Against Me!
Anti-Flag
Bracket
Citizen Fish
Cobra Skulls
Dead To Me
Descendents
The Dickies
Dillinger Four
The Flatliners
Good Riddance
Lagwagon
The Lawrence Arms
Leftover Crack
Less Than Jake
The Loved Ones
Mad Caddies
Me First and the Gimme Gimmes
Nerf Herder
NOFX
None More Black
No Use For A Name
Pour Habit
Propagandhi
The Real McKenzies
Rise Against
Screeching Weasel
Sick Of It All
Smoke Or Fire
The Soviettes
Star ****ing Hipsters
Strike Anywhere
Strung Out
Subhumans
Swingin' Utters
Teenage Bottlerocket

A list of bands that released records on SST
Angst
Bad Brains
Bl'ast
Black Flag
DC3
Descendents
The Dicks
Dinosaur Jr.
fIREHOSE
Husker Du
Meat Puppets
Minutemen
Saccharine Trust
Sonic Youth
Soundgarden
Subhumans
SWA

I'm inevitabely forgetting some bands from each.
Anyway, as you can see these labels were the launching grounds for some bands that went on to huge success, some bands that were massively influential, and some bands that have been forgotten but still put out great music in their day.

I feel these labels, now that they are willing to be in music games, should given their due in RB.

Comments

• edited August 2010
    Tons of quality bands in here. I support the hell outta this.
  • thedanielthedaniel Road Warrior
    edited August 2010
    ROCKBANDFANATIC7526;3989210 said:
    Tons of quality bands in here. I support the hell outta this.
    Good to see more support for these labels.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited August 2010
    These most definitely are great. Didn't one of the GHs have a NOFX song on them? I think it was from a Fat Wreck Chord album.

*edit, it was on Epitaph.

Also, not to clog your thread, but I think Epitaph records should be included as well: Bad Religion, Rancid, The Bouncing Souls to name a few.

Each of these bands has at least one song in game already, but I'd love to see more.
    edited August 2010
    BohemianMatt;3989492 said:
    These most definitely are great. Didn't one of the GHs have a NOFX song on them? I think it was from a Fat Wreck Chord album.

Also, not to clog your thread, but I think Epitaph records should be included as well: Bad Religion, Rancid, The Bouncing Souls to name a few.

Each of these bands has at least one song in game already, but I'd love to see more.
    The NOFX songs were from their Epitaph days actually. I'd welcome a lot of earlier Epitaph stuff as well, but they've been putting out some, how should I put this, less quality stuff lately.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited August 2010
    Both. So, so many from both.
  • afterstasisafterstasis Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    definitely more of a SST guy, but fat wreck has some good stuff too.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited September 2010
    Lots of great stuff here, I'll throw in my support.
    edited September 2010
    BevoTheWarrior;3989511 said:
    Both. So, so many from both.
    afterstasis;3989847 said:
    definitely more of a SST guy, but fat wreck has some good stuff too.
    LegendofRock3021;3989976 said:
    Lots of great stuff here, I'll throw in my support.
    Glad to see support from some people. Thanks.
  • skyttskyttskyttskytt Headliner
    edited September 2010
    I've requested so many songs from Fat Wreck Chords bands already, through the request a song feature. I'd definitely like to see both labels, though, I'm just way more familiar with FWC bands. I grew up listening to Less Than Jake, Mad Caddies, NOFX, None More Black, Rise Against, and Anti-Flag. Punk/Ska used to be all I listened to for about 10 years.
  • JordanJamJordanJam Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    I'd love some mfatgg.
  • LegendofRock3021LegendofRock3021 Nice Doggy
    edited April 2012
    I sent a pm to you about this daniel, but I figured it would be a good idea to bring this thread back anyway since TAG is working with Fat Wreck Chords. This is the perfect opportunity to try and get some of these bands in the game, so if anybody who's interested wants to support the label, they can do so via this thread. I'm pretty excited to see if some of these bands are able to make it through RBN, can't wait to see what happens.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited April 2012
    Yeah, still super bummed about no Epitaph though.