Would anyone be interested in a "The Final Countdown" solo tutorial?

LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
edited September 2010 in LEGO: Rock Band
As the title says, I've found a easy way, that requires only a bit of training to understand how to do the movements. However, I'd have to do a video tutorial and I'm not sure how much people still play this game and would be interested. If you want, just write here and after 10 positive response I'll do the video ;)

Comments

• thetexasswitchthetexasswitch Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    yes, i would be interested. cant get the sliding hamer ons. do it up.

also, registered to post this message.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited September 2010
    LunaticSoul;3994287 said:
    As the title says, I've found a easy way, that requires only a bit of training to understand how to do the movements. However, I'd have to do a video tutorial and I'm not sure how much people still play this game and would be interested. If you want, just write here and after 10 positive response I'll do the video ;)
    Those are my last missing 40 points. PLEASE.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Yes, I'd be delighted if you made a video, cos that solo really bugs me.
  • raydenbladeraydenblade Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Sure, I think it will be a great idea, even though I 100% the solo anyway, I think those who haven't yet would love it! :)
  • ZepthireZepthire Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    Yes please! that trophy has been bugging me for ages
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Yes, that trophy is the only one I'm missing to get Platinum for the game.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    Please do this video!!
  • edited September 2010
    8th go for it.
  • MikachuMikachu Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited September 2010
    I think it's a good idea for those looking to finish their achievements for it. I'm personally not much of an achievement whore, so I don't really care, but it'll definitely be good for those who are.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited September 2010
    Woah, ok! Didn't expect such a good response, I'll start to record tomorrow :p, in a few days I'll upload it on Youtube..
  • ZepthireZepthire Unsigned
    edited September 2010
    I know you probably will but please post a link to the video here when u have uploaded it
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    Zepthire;4015354 said:
    I know you probably will but please post a link to the video here when u have uploaded it
    >_> He actually WASN'T going to. He just asked here.
  • lucashplucashp Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    lucky number 10?

Anyway actually I think this wouldn't work that well. I think the only good way for this solo is for someone to practice it on their own. They can't become better through videos. Well, maybe drum videos for hand placement. Go ahead though and maybe someone will get the trophy because of it.
    edited September 2010
    lucashp;4016338 said:
    lucky number 10?

Anyway actually I think this wouldn't work that well. I think the only good way for this solo is for someone to practice it on their own. They can't become better through videos. Well, maybe drum videos for hand placement. Go ahead though and maybe someone will get the trophy because of it.

Infact it's not a cheat, but a method that, with a lot of practice, could give good results. I tried at least 100 times to do that solo in practice mode, then I discovered an easier finger starting position for the solo that helped a lot, infact only after a few tries to understand the movement I tried only 2 times and it went good :D.

The main problem is that I don't have nor a capture card nor a good videocamera, I'm afraid the video wouldn't be that good of comprehensible :)
  • edited September 2010
    Failure to launch?

;)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2010
    Use words, then. >_>
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    .. words and pics if you can then...
  • Thony_HedgehogThony_Hedgehog Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    If you want my method, with the left hand I hold the left-most button (green-red-yellow-green), while my right hand taps the rapidly alternating frets (ex: yellow-blue-yellow, with index-middle-index), all with the lower frets. Since it's all hammer-ons, I just release all fingers to play the beginning fret.

So at the beginning, I hold the green fret with my left index, while my right index and middle finger tap alternatively the yellow and blue frets. If you master this, you only have to move your hands slightly and do the same thing, but with different frets. I'm currently practicing it, but I know I have a method that fits me well. Oh, and since you play on expert, I don't think I need to explain about the remaining parts! ;)
    edited September 2010
    Thony_Hedgehog;4029010 said:
    If you want my method, with the left hand I hold the left-most button (green-red-yellow-green), while my right hand taps the rapidly alternating frets (ex: yellow-blue-yellow, with index-middle-index), all with the lower frets. Since it's all hammer-ons, I just release all fingers to play the beginning fret.

So at the beginning, I hold the green fret with my left index, while my right index and middle finger tap alternatively the yellow and blue frets. If you master this, you only have to move your hands slightly and do the same thing, but with different frets. I'm currently practicing it, but I know I have a method that fits me well. Oh, and since you play on expert, I don't think I need to explain about the remaining parts! ;)
    I used this method too, if you put your guitar on your knees while you're sitting on a chair it's like playing Keyboard standard on rb3.

Just put the left index finger on the first fret of the three triplets and the right index and middle finger on the other two (Green, Blue-Yellow, and Red Orange-Blue and Yellow, Orange-Blue). Put 50% speed and learn how the triplet is, when you do at least 98%, due to errors you could perfectly avoid, raise the speed until you get to the real thing.

That is the most difficult part of the solo but after a bit you'll eventually learn how to do it.
    THEN, after that there is a Green-Red-Yellow scale that I like to get like this: after you've done the first three triplets, you'll have 2 seconds to adjust your fingers like this:

-Green:Left middle finger
    -Red: left Index
    -Yellow: right index
    -Blue: right middle finger
    -Orange: right ringfinger

It's a simple passage, you already have your left index finger on the yellow fret and the right index and mfinger on the blue/orange buttons: just slide them of one fret and put down another finger and you're good to go for the other part. Once is done, there are another three triplets, use the first method and for the last part put you're fingers like I said, after a while you should get 100% ;)
  • macamaticmacamatic Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I don't suppose anybody has any tips for people who play with GH guitars? Almost everyone says to do it with the lower frets but there's no way that thing is ever going to function again.
  • Thony_HedgehogThony_Hedgehog Opening Act
    edited September 2010
    macamatic;4030131 said:
    I don't suppose anybody has any tips for people who play with GH guitars? Almost everyone says to do it with the lower frets but there's no way that thing is ever going to function again.
    Well, it can be done.....use the same technique, but the problem is you'd have to pick on the first notes, so you'd probably have to nail the first four notes with your left hand......anyway, this game is like anything else in life: it's good to be inspired by how others play it, but you must find your own style, to own! ;)

OT, I just obtained the trophy right now (PS3). Strangely, the difficult parts went easily when I focused on the higher notes (blue-orange-orange-yellow)...

My two remaining ones are those who needs 4 players (or 2 excellent players in this case! :P). I'll have to wait for my roommate...
    edited September 2010
    macamatic;4030131 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQlAf4yXG6Y&feature=fvw

Try with this, but you have to be really good with plastictars.. Using a RB guitar as a keyboard is by the far the better and easiest way. ;)
    edited September 2010
    LunaticSoul;4031306 said:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQlAf4yXG6Y&feature=fvw

Try with this, but you have to be really good with plastictars.. Using a RB guitar as a keyboard is by the far the better and easiest way. ;)
    I've seen that video, but found that my hands aren't quite big enough to do that very well. I guess it's all down to practice then...I have improved a lot.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    I tried the keyboard method but I am not very good at two-hand tapping. I practiced it for a while last night using conventional fingering (index, ring, and pinky). I can hit it 100% (though not completely consistently) at 80% speed. One time I got 98% on 90% speed.

One thing that seems to help me is to notice that the rhythm doesn't seem to be evenly spaced. To me, it seems like it is more like 1-3-431-3-431-3-431 (so the descending part of the "triplets" is slightly faster).
    edited September 2010
    ricecake;4037686 said:
    One thing that seems to help me is to notice that the rhythm doesn't seem to be evenly spaced. To me, it seems like it is more like 1-3-431-3-431-3-431 (so the descending part of the "triplets" is slightly faster).
    That's correct, and they actually are triplets, or related (they might be sextouplets or something). It's really the hardest part about this solo.
  • OddbrotherOddbrother Road Warrior
    edited September 2010
    If it means to unlock a trophy/achievement for it, sure, why not.